If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice regarding new sound system for pub

Options
  • 25-02-2012 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

The layout of the pub is as follows:
    main bar 20ft by 60ft
    lounge 20ft by 30ft
    outside beer garden:40ft by 40ft
    objective:to run tv sound through it and possibly i pod / mp3 etc
    must be able to split each section e.g1 commentary of match in bar.2 bob marley playing in beer garden3 nothing on in lounge.
    Required: All equipment from scratch.
    please note tidy speakers preferred for bar and lounge as it is old style pub.
    Budget €800
    the speakers in the beer garden will be under cover but im sure ill need some type of outdoor speakers.
    id appreciate any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Paddy,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We can help you here. :)

For an amp I'd recommend the Teac AG980 priced at £219.95. This will allow you to run both zones. So you could have the football in 1 room and music in the beer garden. You'll also have seperate volume controls for both.

Check out the link below for more info:

http://www.teac.co.uk/products/separates-AG-980.php

For the bar area I'd look at the JBL control 1 speakers. They'd be grand for that size and come with wall mounts included.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/bookshelf-speakers/jbl/control-1/jbl-contorl-1-blk

For outside we stock a pair of dedicated speakers for outside use. They're called the Monitor Audio Climate 50s. They're priced at £199.95:

http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/climate/cl50/

Do you also require speaker cable??

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 22 thepaddyfla

hey chris that sounds pretty good ill give a measure of what cable i need and ill be in touch

Hi again,

Thanks for getting back to me.

We've got speaker cable starting from 99p per meter. :)

We've got all of the above in stock also.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Chris

will i go ahead and order online or can you contact me directly?
    ill give a measure this evening and let you know how much cable i need!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Paddy,

Thanks for getting back to me.

If you'd like to PM me a contact number I can give you a call. :)

I've got everything in stock at the moment minus the JBL speakers. But I should be able to have a pair with you for Friday all going well.

You could have the rest of the kit for Thursday.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Chris

• Advertisement

hey chris
    im now looking for an outdoor pa system (not necessarily waterproof)also a wireless mike.
    something that can be attached to a roof rack of a car maybe.
    any ideas let me know

Hi Paddy,

Hope the kit is going well for ya. :)

Unfortunately we don't stock any PA equipment so I can't help you there. :(

Sorry about that.

Chris

Hi Paddy.

Chris sent you a reply on Saturday, but I may be able to source something for you.....not something that I could mount to the car roof unfortunately, but may have a few ideas for you.

Do you need the system to be portable as this really restricts that choices you have as you have a major power issue if you are trying to run it from the car.

What are you looking to use the system with in terms of sources ?

Cheers

Dave

it is not vital to be self powered but would be more appropriate.
    it will be used for commentary of events during a festival. some
    take place on the beach others in the local hall etc. is it possible to ren it off the car batt? if not im sure i could source a silent generator.

Hi Paddy.

We can get some PA gear for home use but it all runs off 240V and wouldn't be suitable for transporting.

My suggestion would be to give a guy called Les a call at a company in Bangor.

http://www.dawsons.co.uk/stores/music-shop-bangor

These guys supply musical equipment but they also have an arm that do PA installations and I'm sure they can help in some way.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Dave

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.