Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to not get stopped by customs?

Options
  • 25-02-2012 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hello,

Ive been importing from china recently and had some items seized by customs. I then got sent a bill of taxes owed. How do I import the correct and legal way where by I pay the taxes and getting stopped by customs

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

check the law to see if what you are bring into the country is allowed into the country.

check if the products comply with EU safety regulation ... have you tried asking customs why they are seizing the goods (this will give you your reason and then you try to find a solution around that)

are the items seized or held pending VAT/Import tax payments ??

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭gnr2206

PCPhoto wrote: »
    check the law to see if what you are bring into the country is allowed into the country.

check if the products comply with EU safety regulation ... have you tried asking customs why they are seizing the goods (this will give you your reason and then you try to find a solution around that)

are the items seized or held pending VAT/Import tax payments ??

sorry yes they are held pending VAT/Import tax payments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Then your items haven't been seized - they have merely being held pending payment of VAT / Customs duty which is the normal procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭gnr2206

Then your items haven't been seized - they have merely being held pending payment of VAT / Customs duty which is the normal procedure.

thanks for that !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Jane.J

gnr2206 wrote: »
    Hello,

Ive been importing from china recently and had some items seized by customs. I then got sent a bill of taxes owed. How do I import the correct and legal way where by I pay the taxes and getting stopped by customs

Thanks
    Hi , i am a chinese in trading.As my experience, you may do not issue correct invoice, and some items which you import are not on your proforma invoice.Or you may have not certificate of your goods.
    Hope my suggestion is help for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement