Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling around Cavan town.

Options
  • 25-02-2012 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm currently staying up in Cavan for a few weeks and would like to cycle around the area. Is there anything/anywhere of interest to cycle to? 30km distance or so.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Any road out of Cavan has nice places to see.

I do a lot of motorbiking around the area, so its always being nice views.

Only thing is Cavan drivers are not use to cyclists on the roads. Biggest danger IMHO.

Two lads seems to do the Ballyconnell/Belturbet to cavan town route for work, always being beeped at and pushed over. Fair play to them I say but like I said, life in your hands.

Light up, hi vis and watch out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 deedal

Since you are here for a few weeks you should get to see a fair bit of the county. If you like a challenge try Bailieborough, the second highest town in Ireland, Lough an Leagh is the highest point just outside the town as you head east on the Kingscourt road.
    Hope you enjoy your stay
    Stay safe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

Hi, if your still around, try the back roads to killykeen park (go right at Farnham estate Grand Gates) you can cut across the footbridge in the park and head into Killeshandra. On to Bawnboy and back to carrigallen, Arva and back iinto Cavan town. Nigel.

Advertisement