Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA: Galway vs Dublin-crowds & traffic?

Options
  • 25-02-2012 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering
    1. what kind of crowds are expected at Pearce Stadium tomorrow?
    2. how bad is traffic? I'm living in Lackagh, past Claregalway and wondering how early I'd need to leave. Throw in 2:30

Cheers.
    Pa

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Honestly don't expect more than 5000 at it. You might have to arrive early to get parking but it would only be busy leaving the match. If you're going from past Claregalway leave before half 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

Approach via Docks & Salthill rather than Westside. Park anywhere on the Prom and have your car facing the city for an easy exit.

1.30 is ample time to leave Claregalway for a 2.30 kick off.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just a suggestion but you could also drive in earlier and have lunch before you walk to the match. That way you should avoid any rush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Get there early for prom parking. Sunday is a very busy day for people walking the prom.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

The world is indeed a fast changing place.

I never thought I'd see the day when someone north of Claregalway would be asking about getting to see Dublin play in a Hurling match in Salthill. :)

I'd go along with Biko here. Make a day of it and relax by having lunch somewhere on the way to the ground. You'll get parking handy enough around Salthill before 1.30 and there are plenty of places for a bite to eat.

Heading to Lohan's myself for the spuds before the game.

Enjoy the day. Should be a good match. Up Galway !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I'm a Corkonian and as much interested in going to photograph people, crowd, game as in seeing Dublin okay hurling....

Advertisement