Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claiming JSA while awaiting outcome of Carers Allowance Application

Options
  • 25-02-2012 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi

I have applied for Carers Allowance to help me look after my mother. My application is currently awaiting a decision (the application to decision waiting time currently averages about 30 weeks).

I am currently on JSA and my expectation was that if successful in getting CA, i can sign off the dole completely. But from reading conflicting reports, I am a bit worried that i might not be successful because of being on JSA already...even though i would not be receiving both.

i was recommended by someone to sign off anyway and instead to contact local Social Welfare officer and look for Supplimentary Welfare Allowance. However if i don't get Carers, I would have to reapply for JSA and that in itself would cause complications.

Can anyone advise?

Advertisement