Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Just as well I didn't go for a walk, it's about to bucket down here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Just poured down here, now the sun's out. Standard issue Irish weather. :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Panthro wrote: »
    I thought he was just...aweeeeesum!!

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm? In fairness, the disgust was written ALL over your face that day!

Hmmmm might go to the cinema later. Any recommendations (not hunger games as I want to read the books first)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

The Descendants.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

The Descendants.

You are joking?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

The Descendants.

It's gone :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Sauve wrote: »
    You are joking?

Nope,saw it a few weeks ago and thought it was fantastic.

My man crush for George is now at super nova levels because of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Daisies wrote: »
    Hmmmm might go to the cinema later. Any recommendations (not hunger games as I want to read the books first)?

Marvel Avengers Assemble :D

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Marvel Avengers Assemble :D

Not in Galway. I give up. They have all already started and the next showing is like half 9. Too late for my liking :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Sauve wrote: »
    You are joking?
    Absolutely loved that movie - hilarious flick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Would highly recommend 21 Jump Street, saw it Friday night and we couldn't stop laughing. Was pleasantly surprised :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Would highly recommend 21 Jump Street, saw it Friday night and we couldn't stop laughing. Was pleasantly surprised :)

Is that from the TV series with Johnny Depp? The series wasn't a comedy:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I thought he was just...aweeeeesum!!

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm? In fairness, the disgust was written ALL over your face that day!

Only a hint?! Jaysus Id better work on it more so, haha! But yes indeed, I didn't exactly take to him (or him to me if I got my vibe readings correct!)
    What can I say, I make my feelings known fairly lively!!

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Is that from the TV series with Johnny Depp? The series wasn't a comedy:confused:

No idea tbh, never heard of it previously. Just saw the trailer and said we'd chance it.

EDIT: Just googled it and yea, tis based on the TV show... the movie was def a comedy anyways!

I decided against the cinema. I have chocolate, tea, dark choclate and orange rice cakes, Glee, Mad Men and a magazine. I'm having a "me" night!
    Only a hint?! Jaysus Id better work on it more so, haha! But yes indeed, I didn't exactly take to him (or him to me if I got my vibe readings correct!)
    What can I say, I make my feelings known fairly lively!!

Written all over your face.I hope you don't play poker :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Had an amazing turkey and ham dinner. Felt like Christmas... except that the painful realisation that I have work tomorrow is now setting in. Gah.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

That_Guy wrote: »
    Had an amazing turkey and ham dinner. Felt like Christmas... except that the painful realisation that I have work tomorrow is now setting in. Gah.

I know what you mean, I'm so not looking forward to tomorrow; I love my job but with a deadline on Friday I just know that the next four days are going to be a nightmare considering everything was going wrong for me last Friday; a few late nights this week I forsee :(

Not massively looking forward to going back to work tomorrow but it's a shorter week and only a few days to beers!

cade wrote: »
    I know what you mean, I'm so not looking forward to tomorrow; I love my job but with a deadline on Friday I just know that the next four days are going to be a nightmare considering everything was going wrong for me last Friday; a few late nights this week I forsee :(

What do you work as? (if ya don't mind me asking)

I had Friday booked off, thank god, 3 day week and another longish weekend :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

An episode of Columbo, some reading then sleep.

So, Dave, is your username a position on an upcoming treaty on cheese?:pac:

• Advertisement

Any tips for how to flavour stir-frys without resorting to bottled sauces either during cooking or after?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

G-Money wrote: »
    Any tips for how to flavour stir-frys without resorting to bottled sauces either during cooking or after?

I cook it with two teaspoons of sugar, a tablespoon of soy sauce, a tablespoon of water and let it reduce down til it's not quite watery.

Lots of garlic, ginger and chilli too! The spicier the better.

Black Oil wrote: »
    So, Dave, is your username a position on an upcoming treaty on cheese?:pac:

People ask me if I've had bad experiences with cheese or if I'm lactose intolerant, I wish it was as easy as that...

;)

G-Money wrote: »
    Chili, garlic, ginger and soy sauce.Nom nom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

People ask me if I've had bad experiences with cheese or if I'm lactose intolerant, I wish it was an easy as that...

;)

You don't know what you're missing

199763.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

What do you work as? (if ya don't mind me asking)

nah I don't mind at all; I'm a software integration tester, basically I write a computer program to try break other peoples programs. If I can't break theirs then they wrote it correctly. So all in all I'm just another I.T. guy, well nowadays I am anyway :rolleyes:

cade wrote: »
    nah I don't mind at all; I'm a software integration tester, basically I write a computer program to try break other peoples programs. If I can't break theirs then they wrote it correctly. So all in all I'm just another I.T. guy, well nowadays I am anyway :rolleyes:

Just another nameless face so ;)

Say it's interesting though, what kinda programs are you tryna break?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Lads (and laydeez!), any suggestions for a scary movie night?

Bear in mind me and my mates are the biggest wusses in the world! Last time we all hid in a duvet, a cushion fort and behind each other for the whole of the Shining, so Wolf Creek is probably not an option :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Lads (and laydeez!), any suggestions for a scary movie night?

Bear in mind me and my mates are the biggest wusses in the world! Last time we all hid in a duvet, a cushion fort and behind each other for the whole of the Shining, so Wolf Creek is probably not an option :P

Insidious... Just... Holy crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

A few of my housemates had friends over today, one girl had a friend with a little boy and the landlord's dad is here.

One of them must have used the girl's bathroom and left the seat up and I fell in :mad:

I'm so angry!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement