Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,797 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Daisies wrote: »
    Pembily wrote: »
    Afternoon all!

Awe what did you do to your back?

Anyone want to make me soup and tea? I'm sick :(

If you can wait a few hours I'll be in Dublin and will make you soup and tea :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Now as long as you don't mind waiting until like 9/10ish
    awec wrote: »
    Ugh I can't be arsed driving tonight. Daisies, want to travel from Galway to Dublin via Belfast? I'll let you drive my car down, with me sleeping in the passenger seat :p

Not sure you'd want me driving your car to be honest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Squeaky bum time now Graemes bond. ;) Wee Tevez hat trick next Monday would go down a treat :)

United lost the league today - ill just have to get very drunk and not remember the game at all!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

And you think city will be better?! Are you high?!

Most football fans I know want united to win......or should I say they don't want city to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I should not have taken off my bandage for drinking and other stuff yesterday. My poor wrist is destroyed.

What are you boardsies up to today? I'm thinking an early night with a movie, dinner and a coffee sounds good to me. :D

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    I should not have taken off my bandage for drinking and other stuff yesterday. My poor wrist is destroyed.

What are you boardsies up to today? I'm thinking an early night with a movie, dinner and a coffee sounds good to me. :D
    Is it just a sprain? Rest and ice will help lots :)

I have done my laundry, cooked dinner, breakfast and soup and I am not wrecked again so I am watching New Girl and drinking tea :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

En route to Dublin on a double Decker bus! Mad I tells you.

Is it just a sprain? Rest and ice will help lots :)

I have done my laundry, cooked dinner, breakfast and soup and I am not wrecked again so I am watching New Girl and drinking tea :D

As far as I know it's a sprain! Doctor said it was, but pain killers, ice, bandages and rest haven't helped yet, it's just getting worse. Hurts more than when I broke my nose! >_>

Whoa, you've had a productive day. I just spent the day shopping and recovering from three days on the drink.
    En route to Dublin on a double Decker bus! Mad I tells you.

What you coming all the way up here for? :)

As far as I know it's a sprain! Doctor said it was, but pain killers, ice, bandages and rest haven't helped yet, it's just getting worse. Hurts more than when I broke my nose! >_>

Whoa, you've had a productive day. I just spent the day shopping and recovering from three days on the drink.

Did he / she get you to move it? I also thought mine was just sprained :o

I also shopped and got the annoying expensive things (washing liquid, shampoo etc), thankfully they last a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Not a happy bunny - I hate football!!

Someone do a dance to cheer me up! :(

It may be a bit late for this but funk it!

Let's dance gb :D
    1zl92fn.gif

Did he / she get you to move it? I also thought mine was just sprained :o

I also shopped and got the annoying expensive things (washing liquid, shampoo etc), thankfully they last a while!

Nope. She basically squeezed it and made me move my fingers. Can move my fingers just fine, but moving my thumb leads to a bad shooting pain down my hand, through my wrist and into my arm. Ah well. If it keeps up I'll go back to the doctor next week :)

I hate buying all of those. It's always at the last week before payday when you need them, too!

Coming to Dublin to work tomorrow Lynda.

Pem snap, I made soup too, there's a portion in the freezer and one in the fridge for when I get home tomorrow night.

Nope. She basically squeezed it and made me move my fingers. Can move my fingers just fine, but moving my thumb leads to a bad shooting pain down my hand, through my wrist and into my arm. Ah well. If it keeps up I'll go back to the doctor next week :)

I hate buying all of those. It's always at the last week before payday when you need them, too!

I wouldn't go back to the Dr, I would go to the physio, she was the one who told me mine was broken, doctors don't really know enough about bones. I broke the bone up from my thumb.

Pem snap, I made soup too, there's a portion in the freezer and one in the fridge for when I get home tomorrow night.

Oh gosh, you have to travel that far for work? I thought my one hour to 90 minute bus commute was bad. :eek:

• Advertisement

Oh gosh, you have to travel that far for work? I thought my one hour to 90 minute bus commute was bad. :eek:

Nah, I'm just up for the day, doing locum work, so following what's available.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Super afternoon spent with a super person and super coffee that I nearly bloody spilled everywhere. :pac:

Super... Did I mention it was super?

If anybody wants to buy me a thesauras for my birthday that'd be super. :pac:

That_Guy wrote: »
    Super afternoon spent with a super person and super coffee that I nearly bloody spilled everywhere. :pac:

Super... Did I mention it was super?

If anybody wants to buy me a thesauras for my birthday that'd be super. :pac:

Hot date? ;)

Also, every time I read 'super,' I imagined it being said with a thick lisp, like 'thuper.'

Hot date? ;)

Nah she was at room temperature... thankfully.

Nah she was at room temperature... thankfully.

So the discussions about setting dates on fire wasn't made reality? I'm disappointed. :( I'm also waiting on my friendship bracelet! I expect it to be turquoise and yellow, with beads.

So the discussions about setting dates on fire wasn't made reality? I'm disappointed. :( I'm also waiting on my friendship bracelet! I expect it to be turquoise and yellow, with beads.

I had the soldering iron hidden away just in case.

Turquoise and yellow? Well lah di dah. Bag of chips and a spicy burger. :pac:

I had the soldering iron hidden away just in case.

Turquoise and yellow? Well lah di dah. Bag of chips and a spicy burger. :pac:

I've never had a spice burger before. :(

I've never had a spice burger before. :(

Haven't had one in years but the last time I had one was when I was very drunk and it was the best thing ever.

The end.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I hate that shop when you gotta buy those things!

Dishwasher tablets - ridiculously expensive.
    Washing machine tablets - ridiculously expensive
    Fabric softener - ridiculously expensive

Yep, those things are stupidly expensive, particularly the branded versions, however, you don't always need the concentrated version of softener. The cheaper washing machine tablets don't always dissolve effectively, which looks great on dark clothing, ergo, run it through again. Saying that, there are some bargains out there in bulky versions. I'll attached a sadness warning to this post. :pac:

• Advertisement

Yep, those things are stupidly expensive, particularly the branded versions, however, you don't always need the concentrated version of softener. The cheaper washing machine tablets don't always dissolve effectively, which looks great on dark clothing, ergo, run it through again. Saying that, there are some bargains out there in bulky versions. I'll attached a sadness warning to this post. :pac:

Fairyhouse market might be worth a trip for some. They've always got large amounts of stuff like that for relatively cheap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement