Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

awec wrote: »
    From discussion of Slipknot, to me telling you that right now I'm eating a jam donut and drinking earl grey tea.

You get all sorts in TGC! :)
    Earl grey tea?! Well laaaa teeee daaaa!!
    Im off to drink some subsidized priced tea from the canteen.
    No doubt a teabag of some supermarkets 5million teabags for a fiver, good times!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I want a jam doughnut and earl grey :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Afternoon, how is everyone?

Won a karaoke contest last night, which resulted in a lot of free drink, which resulted in a very drunk Lyn!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

bluewolf wrote: »

Haven't had a jam doughnut in yeeeears now that you mention it.
    LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Afternoon, how is everyone?

Won a karaoke contest last night, which resulted in a lot of free drink, which resulted in a very drunk Lyn!

What was your karaoke song of choice.

I did karaoke once.. Never... NEVER take a lot of drink before attempting "We Cry" by the Script. Good jaysus.

It got to a real fast rappy type bit.

It should've come out like this:
    Oh Mary's ambitious
    She wanted to be a politician
    She'd been dreaming about it since she was a girl

It came out like this:
    Oh Mary's ambitious
    she mmemememmememem amdo
    she'd memem memeem a girl

Standing ovation I did not receive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

bluewolf wrote: »

ewh...jam doughnuts.... get a croissant! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Ahhh Slipknot....
    I painted a HUGE 'S' on my bedroom wall with black and red ink. My mam had to paper the room after I moved out :p

That_Guy wrote: »
    Haven't had a jam doughnut in yeeeears now that you mention it.

What was your karaoke song of choice.

I did karaoke once.. Never... NEVER take a lot of drink before attempting "We Cry" by the Script. Good jaysus.

It got to a real fast rappy type bit.

It should've come out like this:

It came out like this:

Standing ovation I did not receive.

Haha. I did 'House of the Rising Sun' simply because it's on my demo CD so I know I can sing it pretty decently. And I DID get a standing ovation ;) At the next tGC beers I have to make you sing the Script omg.

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Haha. I did 'House of the Rising Sun' simply because it's on my demo CD so I know I can sing it pretty decently. And I DID get a standing ovation ;) At the next tGC beers I have to make you sing the Script omg.

No singing shall come out of my mouth I tells ya. Wouldn't wanna show up you up... Yes, that's it.

No singing shall come out of my mouth I tells ya. Wouldn't wanna show up you up... Yes, that's it.

It's ok, I'm a terrible singer too (trust me, my demos are bad!). We can screech it together!

Damn, wish there was a beers coming up soon, gutted I was working for the last one :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Good song choice, almost as good as some Creedence!

It's ok, I'm a terrible singer too (trust me, my demos are bad!). We can screech it together!

Damn, wish there was a beers coming up soon, gutted I was working for the last one :(

There's impromptu beers tonight. Me, the nordy fella and a Daisies (I think) and maybe a stupidusername... I think.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

There's impromptu beers tonight. Me, the nordy fella and a Daisies (I think) and maybe a stupidusername... I think.

And, I'm already in town.Dedication

Too hungover and broke for it tonight :( Boo-urns :(

Too hungover and broke for it tonight :( Boo-urns :(

That's alright, you weren't invited anyway.... Please don't kill me.

I'll be in at about half six I'd say Daisies maybe just a bit before. I'll PM you my digits gurrrrrrl. Mmmmhmm.

That's alright, you weren't invited anyway.... Please don't kill me.

I'll be in at about half six I'd say Daisies maybe just a bit before. I'll PM you my digits gurrrrrrl. Mmmmhmm.

I'm gonna arrive with my archery gear and shoot you. Js.

I'm gonna arrive with my archery gear and shoot you. Js.

You have archery gear?

I don't know whether to be amazed or scared out of my wits.

You have archery gear?

I don't know whether to be amazed or scared out of my wits.

Yes, I have. I used to shoot with UL when I lived up there.

The correct response is a little from column A, a little from column B. Amazement that a Coolock girl is using something other than a syringe, and terror because I'm awesome at what I do. ;)

Yes, I have. I used to shoot with UL when I lived up there.

The correct response is a little from column A, a little from column B. Amazement that a Coolock girl is using something other than a syringe, and terror because I'm awesome at what I do. ;)

You are a Coolock girl, that is all the scary needed. :P

Maguined wrote: »
    You are a Coolock girl, that is all the scary needed. :P

Oh, feck off! I'm not exactly a typical Coolock girl anyway. I don't have a hideous accent, three kids, a drug addiction and I don't claim the dole. :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Oh, feck off! I'm not exactly a typical Coolock girl anyway. I don't have a hideous accent, three kids, a drug addiction and I don't claim the dole. :p

No stereotyping there so.. thats good!! :pac: :D:D

Now now, no need for all that Coolock aggression. :pac:

Maguined wrote: »
    Now now, no need for all that Coolock aggression. :pac:

.... I'm bringing a syringe to the next beers. Fcuk you guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Someone teach me how to sing - quick!!!

Why?

Biggest tips are making sure you can actually hit the notes in any song you're singing, open your mouth wide to help project, and breathe properly.

I've agreed to do a few songs in the local this evening!

neeeeeeeeeervous!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Get everyone REALLY drunk first, they'll think you're great and then start singing along, thereby drowning out your voice :P

Daisies wrote: »
    Get everyone REALLY drunk first, they'll think you're great and then start singing along, thereby drowning out your voice :P

GENIUS!!!

I've agreed to do a few songs in the local this evening!

neeeeeeeeeervous!

Ah, you'll be fine! Most important thing to do is make sure you can hit the notes in any song you choose to do. I'm only singing 9 months, but have been singing professionally for 8 of those 9 months, because I learned what suited my voice and how to sing it properly. Just make sure you can actually hit the notes and you'll be grand.

Also, if (like me) you get the shakes before singing in front of people, just shake your arms and stuff around as much as you can for a minute or two before getting up to sing. Do it in the bathroom so you don't look like a right twat. :p

• Advertisement

Also, if (like me) you get the shakes before singing in front of people, just shake your arms and stuff around as much as you can for a minute or two before getting up to sing. Do it in the bathroom so you don't look like a right twat. :p

I used to do that when i did stand up comedy - bouncing about like a boxer before I got up and shouted at an audience for 10-15 minutes .....good fun! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement