Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

With ice cream, you say?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Mmmmm brownies, so, SB what time do we call over for brownies and ice cream and tea???

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Happy 13th birthday little cousin. Miss you so much.

RIP little lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

That_Guy wrote: »
    Happy 13th birthday little cousin. Miss you so much.

RIP little lad.

Hugs.
    Think of the good memories, you can be sure he's smiling down on you and your family today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

Daisies wrote: »
    Mmmmm brownies, so, SB what time do we call over for brownies and ice cream and tea???
    Around 6, after I feed dinner to the sprogs. Then you can stay there and baby sit while I go out :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Around 6, after I feed dinner to the sprogs. Then you can stay there and baby sit while I go out :)

Depending on the quality of said brownies it may be a fair switch! Now, what tea do you have in the house? And a good quality vanilla ice cream!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

So Awec folded like a deck chair last night.We were in Cassidys and when they stopped serving we decided to go to Bruxelles for one before headin on to Coppers.I went out for a smoke and when I came back,lo and behold,the boy said he had enough and had to go home.

Fair enough says I but at that point it was too late to head home so unperturbed I headed for Howl at the Moon to meet some other people.Much mirth and beer related shenanigans ensued but alas they stopped serving at 2.30 or so.

Still mad for more gargle I put it to a couple of the folks I was along with that Coppers serves til after 4 so off we went.

Got to Harcourt Street and the queue was feckin massive and didnt seem to be moving at all.Standing at the back of the line thinking feck it,may as well go home,I got grabbed in a bear hug by an unknown assailant.I turned around to see who it was and it happened to be one of my best friends from Longford.They were playing in and won the league final in Croker yesterday so were on the batter last night.

As anyone that is familiar with the Gah,the staff and bouncers in Coppers love them so a potential 30 minute wait turned into a 60 second stroll in.More shots and pints were consumed and I didnt leave it til near 6 this morning.

Lying in the nest now,a bit shook so if anyone is passing my house and feeling charitable,feel free to make me a cuppa and a bacon sammich,twould be appreciated.

Fúckin great night though.

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    :o:o

I did, I have to concede. Had been on the sauce all day and was shattered!

Think I'm getting too old for this lark. :D;)

Ah don't be so hard on yourself- Otis is a master of his trade. You're merely an apprentice :pac:

• Advertisement

Ha. :pac:

How was your night Sauve?

Was good thanks :)
    Nice and quiet and chatty. Sometimes it's great not to go too crazy!

Depending on the quality of said brownies it may be a fair switch! Now, what tea do you have in the house? And a good quality vanilla ice cream!:P
    Tea is Lyons, my brownies are excellent, ESP when still hot and gooey, and finally I'm afraid I haven't got any plain vanilla, tescos had none so went with iceberger icecream (vanilla with iceberger bits in it)

Tea is Lyons, my brownies are excellent, ESP when still hot and gooey, and finally I'm afraid I haven't got any plain vanilla, tescos had none so went with iceberger icecream (vanilla with iceberger bits in it)

Even better. Pop on the kettle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Leinster won, coffee in hand, roast dinner on, watching Nothing to Declare, all my paperwork done for this week. Life is boring but good!

Also, thinking of making some chocolate cake tonight for the family. :)

I have an engagement party next weekend, but other than that I think I am going to try and take it easy every weekend between now and the middle of June. This means minimal drinking.

Need to cut back! Hopefully I stick with it.

Not going to happen. :p
    You plan that for just one weekend and come Fri you're off out!

How would people feel about a Galway beers?

Not going to happen. :p
    You plan that for just one weekend and come Fri you're off out!

How would people feel about a Galway beers?

If I can get enough money together, I'm totally there. I'll make Agent Smith come with me :D

Also, having beers with Agent Smith in his gaf next week for the bank holiday. Woo :)

I have an engagement party next weekend, but other than that I think I am going to try and take it easy every weekend between now and the middle of June. This means minimal drinking.

When I want to do this,, I make sure my weekend mornings are full, it removes temptation to go out. If you've nothing to do, it tempts you into going out out of boredom.

Jeez, that's a bit AA there, I don't think you're quite that bad awec! :p

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Good Jaysus it is freezing out there! Like a drowned rat I am!!

How is everyone?!

I'm good. Just had a lovely roast dinner, now sat in front of the TV relaxing :) How are you, Mr. Bond?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Cosy now - but cold! Need to put the heating on! Watching big bang theory, considering ordering pizza! Mmmm pizza!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

thats what i said last weekend....i still went out friday :o

but i didnt drink so no hangover yesterday \o/

im being strict now since im in the middle of exams and they finish at the end of may so no drinkies for me for a little bit (maybe the odd one or two :o)

Good Jaysus it is freezing out there! Like a drowned rat I am!!

How is everyone?!
    Looking out the window and thinking about how lucky I am to not be out in that :)

Daisies, brownies were a disaster, I'd no eggs, so oh found a recipe which didn't need them. It was rank :(

Galway beers.... Highly unlikely, that'd need a weekend long baby sitter :(

Daisies, brownies were a disaster, I'd no eggs, so oh found a recipe which didn't need them. It was rank :(
    (

Ok, so I didn't miss out then. Phew, next time!

Bolognese bubbling on the stove. Dinner for the rest of the week pretty much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

Wow Leinster were lucky with that win; Seriously nerve wracking last two minutes. I can bet there were some harsh words said in the dressing room at half time as the lads playing changed dramatically in the second half.

Was out with a mate to watch the Rugby, figured we'd get lunch in the pub too. First bar we went to was closed, and the next two told us they didn't server food on a Sunday :confused:

Just back home about an hour now, not the nicest driving conditions for the bike :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement