Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Evening all. How's everyone doing??

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

ToxicPaddy wrote: »

Bored.
    Should be cleaning the house, but I'm sitting here being bored instead. I'm in a proper douchebag mood :D

How's yourself, good weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I'm stranded :( The wipers on my friends car died and we're stuck, hoping boy racers can fix it!

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Sauve wrote: »

Bored.
    Should be cleaning the house, but I'm sitting here being bored instead. I'm in a proper douchebag mood :D

How's yourself, good weekend?

Quiet weekend but sitting in a bar in Milan all on my lonesome.. :(

Decided to pop on for some company :)

• Advertisement

Sauve wrote: »
    I'm in a proper douchebag mood :D

Dare I ask why?? :)

Pembily wrote: »
    I'm stranded :( The wipers on my friends car died and we're stuck, hoping boy racers can fix it!

What part of the world u stranded in??

We're not stranded :) Amazingly lovely young lads fixed it :)

awec wrote: »
    We're not stranded :) Amazingly lovely young lads fixed it :)
    Woohoo! :D
    Yup, I'll never let people b!tch about boy racers EVER AGAIN...

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

So Awec folded like a deck chair last night.We were in Cassidys and when they stopped serving we decided to go to Bruxelles for one before headin on to Coppers.I went out for a smoke and when I came back,lo and behold,the boy said he had enough and had to go home.

Fair enough says I but at that point it was too late to head home so unperturbed I headed for Howl at the Moon to meet some other people.Much mirth and beer related shenanigans ensued but alas they stopped serving at 2.30 or so.

Still mad for more gargle I put it to a couple of the folks I was along with that Coppers serves til after 4 so off we went.

Got to Harcourt Street and the queue was feckin massive and didnt seem to be moving at all.Standing at the back of the line thinking feck it,may as well go home,I got grabbed in a bear hug by an unknown assailant.I turned around to see who it was and it happened to be one of my best friends from Longford.They were playing in and won the league final in Croker yesterday so were on the batter last night.

As anyone that is familiar with the Gah,the staff and bouncers in Coppers love them so a potential 30 minute wait turned into a 60 second stroll in.More shots and pints were consumed and I didnt leave it til near 6 this morning.

Lying in the nest now,a bit shook so if anyone is passing my house and feeling charitable,feel free to make me a cuppa and a bacon sammich,twould be appreciated.

Fúckin great night though.
    Sounds like a deadly night! Inadvertent pub crawls are great craic. Love Howler. It's a good spot.
    Daisies wrote: »
    How would people feel about a Galway beers?
    Oooh, that could be fun! I adore Galway :D

I got caught in the miserable rain while out running earlier. I'm too tired to move now , so I'm rewarding myself with a movie night and Ben &Jerry's. Lazyness ftw :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

there was a bike rally over the road in a pub in the middle of the country near where I live, so I had to head over for a gawk.
    Before I knew it, I was in the middle of a gang of bikers, happily singing along to "So what?" and "Die Die Die my darling!" and such classics, asked what kind of bike did I have, I said "a Coventry Eagle bicycle baby!"
    I got a giggle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

awec wrote: »
    Otis, I just had a recollection.

Was Father Damo in Cassidys last night?

He was indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Morning all..

Morning guys! Did you get any sleep Awec? I'm shattered, we finally got back about 1:30... Neeed sleep.

Morning guys! Did you get any sleep Awec? I'm shattered, we finally got back about 1:30... Neeed sleep.

So were you on your way back to Dublin when the wipers failed last night?

So were you on your way back to Dublin when the wipers failed last night?

On the motorway, in the p!ssing rain and howling wind :eek:

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Morning all. Alarm went off this morning, turned it off and promptly fell back asleep for 2 hours :o Woke up to a lovely email from mapmyrun telling me it's been 10 days since my last work out:o

I'm off for a run (after my next cup of tea :D)

Hope ye aren't too wrecked Pem and awec

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Morning all - have a physio appointment this morning which hopefully will result in me being told that it's all okay and I can play in championship next week....worst case I'm sent for a scan

Been hobbling around all weekend and stairs are my new worst enemy....I have lots of stairs in my house! :(

How was everybody elses weekend? That_Guy & Awec - got Fifa 12 & xbox live membership - must set them up and take ye on in a game sometime soon!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Galway beers?

Step 1 - apply for Galwegian passports
    Step 2 - head to Galway
    Step 3 - are you from the internet?
    Step 4 - rent bicycles and build giant launchpad
    Step 5 - Ger up a good bit of speed and launch yourselves off of launchpad and land on Inis _____
    Step 6 - alcohol - we're all going to heaven lads, waaaay :pac:
    Step 7 - stumble home without falling between the spokes
    Step 8 - report beerage happenings on boards
    Step 9 - profit

Galway beers?

Step 2 - head to Galway
    Step 5 - Ger up a good bit of speed and launch yourselves off of launchpad and land on Inis _____
    Step 9 - profit
    Cork Beers should also be had tbh :)

Galway beers?

Step 2 - head to Galway
    Step 9 - profit

Have you been to Galway? Cycling is not the most pleasant in that county :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Morning all! I forgot how good it was to not have to work on a Monday!! But my body also forgot THAT I don't have to work on a monday! Bed at half 4 - awake at 9!! Urgh!!

How are we all?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Have you been to Galway? Cycling is not the most pleasant in that county :pac:

Most recently only the city arriving via the motorway. :p
    Cycling idea was mentioned here before...not mine. :pac:

Morning GB

Morning all! I forgot how good it was to not have to work on a Monday!! But my body also forgot THAT I don't have to work on a monday! Bed at half 4 - awake at 9!! Urgh!!

How are we all?
    Hate when that happens - even worse is if you're off for a long time and keep waking up automatically that early!!

Enjoy the day - any big plans?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

PaulieC wrote: »
    Hate when that happens - even worse is if you're off for a long time and keep waking up automatically that early!!

Enjoy the day - any big plans?

Stay in bed for as long as possible and not think about the match this evening (damnit - theres that plan failed)

Then go watch the match with my ail man and cry into my pints!

About it really - may play guitar, and/or update my cv - disillusioned with work so it may not be a bad plan to at least have it ready!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement