Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

So much want.

Mapex6PieceHorizonHXSeriesROCKDrumKitGreySteel.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Stay in bed for as long as possible and not think about the match this evening (damnit - theres that plan failed)

Then go watch the match with my ail man and cry into my pints!

About it really - may play guitar, and/or update my cv - disillusioned with work so it may not be a bad plan to at least have it ready!
    Sounds like a nice chilled day - fire in some tea and treats and you're flying

Was re-introduced to Mars Ice Creams over the weekend - they were my weakness in the summer of 2009 - I could be headed towards a relapse!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

That_Guy wrote: »
    So much want.

Drum Kit

oooh nice!! how long you been playing for T_G?
    PaulieC wrote: »
    Sounds like a nice chilled day - fire in some tea and treats and you're flying

Was re-introduced to Mars Ice Creams over the weekend - they were my weakness in the summer of 2009 - I could be headed towards a relapse!!

Oh nice! ya can't beat a bitta ice cream! Bounty Ice Cream bars are epic too!

Oh nice! ya can't beat a bitta ice cream! Bounty Ice Cream bars are epic too!
    I've heard Twix are up there too - biscuit in ice cream could be a great call but for now my heart belongs to Mars

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I've been playing for 11 years mate. Jesus.. 11 years... Long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I've heard Twix are up there too - biscuit in ice cream could be a great call but for now my heart belongs to Mars

My heart belongs to Snickers, their ice-creams are AMAZING! I also got Haagen Dazs mint chocolate chip ice cream over the weekend, wow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

How is everyone today? I'm so busy today, ick! Will fit in some time to make chocolate cake for the family though, since I was too sleepy last night to do it.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

Pembily wrote: »
    My heart belongs to Snickers, their ice-creams are AMAZING! I also got Haagen Dazs mint chocolate chip ice cream over the weekend, wow :D

The day that HB brings back the Sky ice cream bar is the day that i'll seriously reconsider eating chocolate again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Mmmmm ice cream. Love Mars and the new cadbury's one Nuts about caramel

Just back from the physio - Type 1 sprain to the medial ligament in my knee so thank god it's not serious - only out for 10 days or so - that said I have championship in 6 days so the race is on now to get the swelling down and get as much physio on it as possible so I can (fingers crossed) play on Sunday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Nice one Paulie :D

Ola to everybody- bleedin' crazy busy here today, the day is flying!

cade wrote: »
    The day that HB brings back the Sky ice cream bar is the day that i'll seriously reconsider eating chocolate again.

Ah what now?

I ate too much for my lunch and I feel fuuuuull! Also I am shattered, the coffee at break did nothing :(

That's great Paulie, fingers crossed for the match! Physios rock :D

That's great Paulie, fingers crossed for the match! Physios rock :D

They can - on the other hand they can wreck your head - glad to be working with my current physio - seems to be pointing me in the right direction anyway with my hamstring/back issues feeling alot better about it atm.

Unlucky on the feeling too full hate that - a nap is the only answer!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

..Also I am shattered, the coffee at break did nothing :(

Jeez first tea and now coffee.. whats happened to you at all??? :pac:

They can - on the other hand they can wreck your head - glad to be working with my current physio - seems to be pointing me in the right direction anyway with my hamstring/back issues feeling alot better about it atm.
    Bad physios are the worst :(
    Unlucky on the feeling too full hate that - a nap is the only answer!
    And now the dizziness has returned :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i need to start taking iron tablets again this dizzyness is not fun!
    i also lost my age card like an idiot

but on the plus side the exam wasnt as bad as i thought :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Well done PixieFairy :)

You feeling ok Pemb?

I had one too today, it was...eh, interesting. :pac:
    Tbh not as bad as I thought it might be, so that's good right?

Good luck on the exams, guys! Sounds like you're all doing fairly okay on them so far :)

Also... It fcuking sucks finding out one of your best friends has died through Facebook. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Best of luck everyone who has exams. Remember they ain't the end of the world, and worry is pointless.

Back at work again for the night, would kill to be down the pub for the match tonight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Good luck on the exams, guys! Sounds like you're all doing fairly okay on them so far :)

Also... It fcuking sucks finding out one of your best friends has died through Facebook. :(
    WTF?Are you serious? Although that happened with a car accident near me a few years ago, 4 girls died and one of the girls brothers saw it on facebook before the guards got to their house!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

Crap that's a bad one to endure. My commiserations
    Ah what now?

Ah I gave up eating chocolate about four and a half years ago now, surprisingly the only 4 things I miss are Toblerone, M&M's, Maryland cookies and Double Deckers.
    I ate too much for my lunch and I feel fuuuuull! Also I am shattered, the coffee at break did nothing :(

I agree with PaulieC, naps kick ass for fighting stuffed stomachs.

Daisies wrote: »
    WTF?Are you serious? Although that happened with a car accident near me a few years ago, 4 girls died and one of the girls brothers saw it on facebook before the guards got to their house!

Yup. He had a heart attack, only 26. When his sister found out, it went on Facebook. Suddenly it's spread all over Facebook before the rest of his family were made aware. :-/

cade wrote: »
    I agree with PaulieC, naps kick ass for fighting stuffed stomachs.

Was it ever in doubt? - naps are incredible whenever they're taken :)

Yup. He had a heart attack, only 26. When his sister found out, it went on Facebook. Suddenly it's spread all over Facebook before the rest of his family were made aware. :-/
    Jesus sorry to hear that Lynda - hope you're alright about it!

Eh, I'm okay. I cope well enough with death. I just block it out and keep distracted.

I'm sure his family is suffering a hell of a lot more than I or any of his other friends could be anyway.

Cade I meant the icecream :p

My blender has died :(

On yet another bus to Dublin, if only they did a frequent flyer type thing :rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 116 ✭✭DERPY HOOFS

Romantica ice cream yum yum pigs bum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Sorry to hear :(

hope you are ok! Its a horrible way to find out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Really sorry to hear that Lynda. Hope you're holding up ok?

My back is in bits! I don't know what did it. Combination of 15 hours work yesterday, breaking in a new mattress, and twisting it today sitting down, of all things. It hurts to walk. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement