Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

/passes coffee pot.
    Morning all you beautiful peoples :)

Kitten good luck with your exam- I now have a mental image of awec belting out the titanic tune on the recorder!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Kkk, good luck! :)

How are you all today? I decided to walk 4 miles to an appointment in the rain. I have no logical reason as to why I thought that would be a good idea! But now i'm soaked to the skin!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Ate crap all weekend, lost weight. Eat healthy and go to gym last night, gain weight.

Screw you logic! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Maguined wrote: »
    Ate crap all weekend, lost weight. Eat healthy and go to gym last night, gain weight.

I hate that :mad: I don't get the reasons behind it :mad:

Pembily wrote: »
    I hate that :mad: I don't get the reasons behind it :mad:

It's time for experimentation, gym after work followed by wave after wave of delicious sushi for dinner. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I'm trying to watch my diet at the moment - eat more fruit and veg, meat and less carbohydrates.

It's working to an extent except for every weekend when I tend to get take away on a Saturday night....which isn't too bad I suppose when you think about it - 6days a week of eating healthy aint bad!

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

It's not lucky, it's disturbing :p

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ah music practicals. For the Leaving Cert, I had to play 4 pieces with a group (played drums for that) and 4 solo pieces (I played guitar and sang for that).

When it came to my solo pieces I had chosen 2 well known songs and 2 not so well known songs.

Chose "Time Of Your Life" by Green Day, "Hotel Yorba" by The White Stripes, "Play Crack The Sky" by Brand New and "Pieces" by Sum 41.

Anyway. I started off with what I believed was my strongest song to ease the nerves. Started with the Green Day song.

Started through the first chorus without a hitch and then the examiner started humming and singing the chorus gradually louder and louder. :pac:

Was the most off putting thing ever. Still got an A though. Fúck yeah.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    Sauve wrote: »
    It's not lucky, it's disturbing :p
    :pac:

Cheeky....

Any craic with yerself Sauver?

Damn all- had a lovely long cycle last night. The weather was amazing for it :)
    Flat out in work today, I really shouldn't be on here :p

Had a 12K run last night. Weather was really nice yesterday evening. Had a 5K run in the rain before work. Put my new body armour to the test. Kept me nice and heated anyway. Much needed because it is pissing rain here.

Ah don't mention that!! I'm getting nervous now, though determination will get it done, I may die afterwards :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Ah don't mention that!! I'm getting nervous now, though determination will get it done, I may die afterwards :p

How long is the cycle Sauve? It was not nice weather cycling into work this morning :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

That_Guy wrote: »
    Had a 12K run last night. Weather was really nice yesterday evening. Had a 5K run in the rain before work. Put my new body armour to the test. Kept me nice and heated anyway. Much needed because it is pissing rain here.
    Nice one - must invest in running shoes and get going on early morning runs I'd imagine they're refreshing as fúck! :)

also - going listening to Pieces by Sum41 now - great call!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Happy days I've a mate visiting me this weekend (that I loike totes "would")
    Singing this bit:
    And if she stays at my house,
    I'm going to either ruin our friendship
    or get luckeeeeey

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Increased your muscle?? :)
    Ah music practicals. For the Leaving Cert, I had to play 4 pieces with a group (played drums for that) and 4 solo pieces (I played guitar and sang for that).

When it came to my solo pieces I had chosen 2 well known songs and 2 not so well known songs.

Chose "Time Of Your Life" by Green Day, "Hotel Yorba" by The White Stripes, "Play Crack The Sky" by Brand New and "Pieces" by Sum 41.

Anyway. I started off with what I believed was my strongest song to ease the nerves. Started with the Green Day song.

Started through the first chorus without a hitch and then the examiner started humming and singing the chorus gradually louder and louder. :pac:

Was the most off putting thing ever. Still got an A though. Fúck yeah.

Didn't know you could sing! :)

Ah! That explain things! ;)

Larianne wrote: »
    Didn't know you could sing! :)

Em... To an extent. I'm not very good at it.
    Ah! That explain things! ;)

Eh? :confused:

• Advertisement

Eh? :confused:

The back. ;)

The back. ;)

Hey, you leave me awesome back alone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Afternoon all!! How are we?

Mmmm coffee!!

Increased your muscle?? :)

Hah not likely, huffing and puffing on the eliptical runner would not give me much muscle unless crying in the showers afterwards increases muscle mass. :pac:

Hah not likely, huffing and puffing on the eliptical runner would not give me much muscle unless crying in the showers afterwards increases muscle mass. :pac:

Just go with it Mags, go with it!! :pac:

Just go with it Mags, go with it!! :pac:

You sound like the baldy gym instructor guy now, it's great to hear that sort of encouragement when you are in the gym, it gets creepy when he keeps it up while following you into the showers. :eek:

You sound like the baldy gym instructor guy now, it's great to hear that sort of encouragement when you are in the gym, it gets creepy when he keeps it up while following you into the showers. :eek:

Haha!

Pembily wrote: »

How long is the cycle Sauve? It was not nice weather cycling into work this morning :mad:

100km. But there'll be plenty of food and water stations along the way so I'll get a few wee rests in :)
    I'm gonna need to visualise awecs' screaming bigtime!!

• Advertisement

Hahaha thanks dude!
    Haven't seen Dustin in ages!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement