Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

completely bored off me rocker here.. anyone wanna entertain me?? :cool:

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Afternoon all, my testing room has no phone or internet coverage, it's like spending the day in the dark ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    completely bored off me rocker here.. anyone wanna entertain me?? :cool:

I'm dancing and singing. Pity you can't see :p

/jazz hands

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Daisies wrote: »
    Afternoon all, my testing room has no phone or internet coverage, it's like spending the day in the dark ages!

Have you sent a carrier pigeon to post this in an internet cafe on your behalf?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

That_Guy wrote: »

Have you sent a carrier pigeon to post this in an internet cafe on your behalf?
    They've let me out for lunch to enjoy the gorgeous weather :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Aaaand finished with recorder! :D

Must...resist....urge....to....throw...it...through...window....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Aaaand finished with recorder! :D

Must...resist....urge....to....throw...it...through...window....
    Hope it went well for you Kitten :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

awec wrote: »
    You did Celine proud, right?

Oh aye, you couldn't tell the difference between the recorder and her yowling on. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Hope it went well kitten!! :)

How is everyone this evening?!

Cold, wet and on a bus :( Thanks for asking!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Sitting at home eating a Cornetto and planning my routine for a long overdue return to the gym tomorrow, thanks for asking!

And your good self?

Cold, wet and on a bus :( Thanks for asking!

awww here have a hug:

hug.jpg
    Kev.OC wrote: »
    Sitting at home eating a Cornetto and planning my routine for a long overdue return to the gym tomorrow, thanks for asking!

And your good self?

cornetto? jealous!! yeah back from the gym myself - shoulders and arms are fairly tight! and that rain didnt help when i was walking home!

I'm alright - not looking forward to work tomorrow - been off since friday and I'll be expected to actually "work"

urgh!

I'm alright - not looking forward to work tomorrow - been off since friday and I'll be expected to actually "work"

urgh!

Yeah, I know the way. Work wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't for the whole "actual work" bit.

I've noticed (through lots of lurking) that there are many many boardsies here that run/cycle/work out regularly. And that many of ye do your bit after work or in the evenings. I couldn't do that. For me the gym is an early afternoon thing. Wouldn't be able to face it after work.

I thought the same - but if you go straight after work it's great! don't give yourself a chance to go home - straight to the gym, work out, then go home for dinner! perfect!

i don't let myself go home - i know the second I walk in my front door, i won't leave!

I thought the same - but if you go straight after work it's great! don't give yourself a chance to go home - straight to the gym, work out, then go home for dinner! perfect!

i don't let myself go home - i know the second I walk in my front door, i won't leave!

Ah, well you see there's the problem. I'm a barman in a hotel. On Friday, for example I'm working 6-F. That's 6pm to finish, which could be anywhere between 4 or 7am. Gym after work isn't really an option. Gym before work is usually the most suitable.

Thanks GB, now if you had a cup if tea it'd be perfect.

Wow Awec, you have well and surely caught the cycling bug!

Only a half an hour until I'm back in Galway, 45mins and I'll be in my pjs with a mug if tea!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

On the couch in PJs with a cup of coffee. Still can't get the heat into me after the soaking I got this morning! Walking home from the appointment I had was hell, the whole walk home was flooded up to my calves!

Oh well, I'm sure wading through that will strengthen my calf muscles more than a normal walk! :)

Thanks GB, now if you had a cup if tea it'd be perfect.

Wow Awec, you have well and surely caught the cycling bug!

Only a half an hour until I'm back in Galway, 45mins and I'll be in my pjs with a mug if tea!

A mug? Well, someone's going all out! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I am the same, when I was going to classes, I went straight after work, no down time and no time to think / get lazy :pac:
    awec wrote: »
    Was starting to feel idle in the house so just went for a 20 minute cycle.

Loving the fact that I'm not liking being idle any more! :D:D
    Changed man :D
    Ah, well you see there's the problem. I'm a barman in a hotel. On Friday, for example I'm working 6-F. That's 6pm to finish, which could be anywhere between 4 or 7am. Gym after work isn't really an option. Gym before work is usually the most suitable.
    I prefer to go for a run first thing in the morning but I have changed that as I now cycle to work!
    A mug? Well, someone's going all out! :)
    Ah no, she is having a mug if tea so god only knows what she will drink :P

I had amazing meatballs for dinner!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Hey kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Work til midnight and a 90 minute drive home after. Thank feck for coffee.

Pembily wrote: »

Ah no, she is having a mug if tea so god only knows what she will drink :P

Feck off woman. I can't help that I have fat fingers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Feck off woman. I can't help that I have fat fingers!

Yis are all HILARIOUS! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    On the couch in PJs with a cup of coffee. Still can't get the heat into me after the soaking I got this morning! Walking home from the appointment I had was hell, the whole walk home was flooded up to my calves!

Oh well, I'm sure wading through that will strengthen my calf muscles more than a normal walk! :)

Slight exaggeration I'm presuming..... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Evening!

Back from the gym. Had some lasagne. Ready for bed now, YES! First exam tomorrow. Cannot wait to get it out of the way.

Where's the exam weather??? Very unusual. Usually I'm stuck in the library giving out that I'm not outside. I don't want to leave the house at the moment!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement