Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Evening all.Such a shame to be stuck on a bus on a lovely evening like this.Managed to skip out if work in time to get an earlier bus.YUS, luckily I had a return ticket because they had to turn about 20 people away.
    As much as I love M&S, I am sick of having the salads for dinner on the bus :P

Anyone anything exciting planned for the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Evening all.

Back from gym, can't move, how are we in here?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Somebody take the chocolate away from me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Daisies wrote: »
    Somebody take the chocolate away from me :o

Eat it. You deserve it ;)

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Daisies wrote: »
    Evening all.Such a shame to be stuck on a bus on a lovely evening like this.Managed to skip out if work in time to get an earlier bus.YUS, luckily I had a return ticket because they had to turn about 20 people away.
    As much as I love M&S, I am sick of having the salads for dinner on the bus :P

Anyone anything exciting planned for the weekend?

At least you can eat salad on the bus. I don't like salads. And I don't think any bus driver would be happy to see me walking towards his bus with one of those camping gas rings under one arm and a steak under the other.

I get to work for the weekend. Yay. How exciting. :rolleyes:
    Evening all.

Back from gym, can't move, how are we in here?

Know your pain man. Still sore from yesterday's (yesterdays?) gym session. Looks like I'm not as up to speed as I thought I was. :o

Sauve wrote: »
    Eat it. You deserve it ;)

I'm not so sure about that! Well I have now eaten three half size bars! Might go to bed before I eat the other bars left downstairs
    Kev.OC wrote: »
    At least you can eat salad on the bus. I don't like salads. And I don't think any bus driver would be happy to see me walking towards his bus with one of those camping gas rings under one arm and a steak under the other.

I get to work for the weekend. Yay. How exciting. :rolleyes:

Ya it's about the only thing I could think of to eat on the bus

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I stopped going to M&S for food a while ago, was a bit expensive.

Is it hard to get into lifting weights in a gym, do you just need a good instructor, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Evening all :) Went for Yo Sushi this evening, great food and great company :D I may also have bought a really nice rain jacket :o

I really hope the weather keeps up for the weekend. TG that will be a good BBQ with you DJing :)

Is it hard to get into lifting weights in a gym, do you just need a good instructor, etc?

Most gyms will show you around at first - After that you will be flying! It's all about technique first then motivation!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Most gyms will show you around at first - After that you will be flying! It's all about technique first then motivation!!

As well as showing you around, a lot of gyms will also make you up a programme if you ask them, which will be specific to what you're trying to achieve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Anyone got anything wild on for the weekend?

Im supposed to be going out tomorrow night for a "staff appreciation night".
    Being brought to Cafe En Seine (spit) and allegedly have a free bar for the night courtesy of work but Im kinda thinkin Im not going to bother my hole.

Me,refusing a free bar,no,that wasnt a typo but my reasoning is that

a)CeS is full of douche bags and Id happily burn it to the ground
    b)A large percentage of my work colleagues are 19 to 21 year old lads so its like going drinking with a bunch of crack addled chimpanzees
    c)Management will all be there and when I get bamboozled I tend to put on my ranty pants about work and let loose with both barrels
    d)CeS is full of douche bags and Id happily burn it to the ground

Aside from that Im supposed to be going to Mullingar on Sunday to go on the batter with some buddies,that is infinitely more attractive than tomorrow night.

Can I go to the free bar instead of you?

Otis I am going to the Jeff Dunham gig on Saturday and then heading out to cassidys more than likely! Feel free to join us! (be there about 11 I'd say)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Being brought to Cafe En Seine (spit) and allegedly have a free bar for the night courtesy of work but Im kinda thinkin Im not going to bother my hole.

b)A large percentage of my work colleagues are 19 to 21 year old lads so its like going drinking with a bunch of crack addled chimpanzees
    c)Management will all be there and when I get bamboozled I tend to put on my ranty pants about work and let loose with both barrels

Aside from that Im supposed to be going to Mullingar on Sunday to go on the batter with some buddies,that is infinitely more attractive than tomorrow night.

Ha, you're turning down a free bar tomorrow night and I'm going to Coppers of my own accord. I think the universe is about to explode! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I have a day trip tomorrow and going to a museum Saturday. Crazy stuff!!

Don't think I'll go out Saturday night since the lads are going to the strip club, again. There's only so many times I can stand to be in that place, and that's with a shoulder of Morgans in me :pac:

I think you're right to skip it dude. No point having a bad night for the hell of it. Hope you have lots of other fun!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Otis I am going to the Jeff Dunham gig on Saturday

Have only seen his stuff on Youtube. Has he done anything new?

Hello, Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Otis just show up, get tanked nice and early and then flee off to a better place.

If you need a hand burning it to the ground on your way out give me a call, I hate that place with a fiery passion! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Mornin all

Friday, what took you so long!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Mooooooorning

Got through my fitness test yesterday, kicking grand and after taking a while to warm up my knee felt okay so should be able to play my match this weekend :)

Stiff out today but just need to rest it and ice it up.

FA Cup final weekend too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Maguined wrote: »
    Otis just show up, get tanked nice and early and then flee off to a better place.

The better place being Cassidys, obviously :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Weekend plans... Now with 20% more weekend.

Today/Tonight:

Go home after work.
    Do a bit of tidying.
    Get dinner sorted.
    Watch the Championship Play Off.
    Go out with the lads/lassies.
    Crawl home etc etc etc

Tomorrow:

Wake up.
    Assess damage.
    If face is intact, deem it a success.
    Grab some breakfast.
    Drag my DJ gear up to my mates house.
    DJ, eat food (BBQ bitches) -- Though weather looks shaky.
    Few beers too etc. Nothing too major as Sunday is quite busy.

Sunday:

Have a bit of a lie in.
    Go for a massive run to get all of the evils of the past two days out of my system... Though I'll be back out that night so it's a bit counter productive really. :pac:
    Get myself changed into my Newcastle jersey and watch them play Man City that afternoon. Hopefully a positive result ensues.
    Watch the Man United game in my mates house before bringing my DJ gear home.
    Get ready to go out and drink ALL THE ERDINGER!!!

Monday:

Chill. The. Fúck. Out.
    Catch up on some films I've not seen yet.
    Might try grab some mates and grab some lunch whilst falling asleep into a cup of coffee.
    Go for a run when I'm back to normal.
    Maybe cinema... Dunno yet.
    Aaaaaaaaaaaand sleep.

Here's a bit of funk.

Have only seen his stuff on Youtube. Has he done anything new?

Hello, Friday.

Yeah he has a brand new show - with new characters as well as everyones old favourites!! :) Really loking forward to it!
    swapple wrote: »
    Mornin all

Friday, what took you so long!

Herro!! o/

yeah Friday took it's sweet f*cking time - and hipster Friday didn't help (hipster Friday - a thursday where you keep thinking it is Friday.....It was Froiday before Friday was Friday!!)
    swapple wrote: »
    The better place being Cassidys, obviously :D

QFT!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Getting free drinks for singing, along with a few pitchers of Cosmopolitan that you already bought, equals one massive hangover. :(

Also TG, it's supposed to rain tomorrow. Good luck with the BBQ :p

Plans for the weekend (not much!)

Friday -
    Go for lunch with my friend.
    Bring my friend for laser work on her tattoo.
    Nurse hangover.
    Go for a run.
    Internet.
    Sleep.

Saturday -
    Supposed to have a date, not sure if I'll go yet. :rolleyes:
    Clean the house.
    Run.
    Visit people.
    Paperwork.

Sunday -
    Absolutely nothing.
    Read, relax, whatever comes to mind. :D

aH SURE DON'T WORRY tg - it wouldn't be an Irish BBQ without the rain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

aH SURE DON'T WORRY tg - it wouldn't be an Irish BBQ without the rain!!

If it's dry I don't really care either way. I love me a bit of BBBQ. (The extra B is for BYOBB... That extra B is a typo).

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

That_Guy wrote: »
    If it's dry I don't really care either way. I love me a bit of BBBQ. (The extra B is for BYOBB... That extra B is a typo).

:pac:

Now I want to watch the Simpsons. :(

Also, I'm going to the Mongolian BBQ today, nom nom.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement