Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

That_Guy wrote: »
    What were their names?
    Tasty and Delicious :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

PaulieC wrote: »
    Tasty and Delicious :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

I came in extra early today - just as well, because my exam is earlier than I thought. :o

Not panicking, not panicking at all....

I came in extra early today - just as well, because my exam is earlier than I thought. :o

Not panicking, not panicking at all....

You'll be grand. You seem intelligent and dedicated to the cause. You'll be fine lass.

Now here's 10 hours of Nyan cat. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Thanks TG- I now have nyan cat music in my head, and a big stupid grin on me :p

• Advertisement

Well, it's over!

Went in and talked at them so they couldn't ask too many questions.

I've got nyan cat stuck in my head now. :D

edit: There's a boardsie at the desk in front of me! We are everywhere... :eek: :P

On a serious Rage Against The Machine buzz. 'Calm Like A Bomb' is a serious tune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Good job on the exam, KKK. :D

I've been in hospital this morning for yet more tests, lol.

Then I came home, was productive, did lots of around the house, lots of paperwork and now I'm being lazy and curling up on the couch in my big nightdress/hoodie thingy and probably going to fall asleep for a while, since I had to stay up all night and take care of the mother because it was my turn to play carer. :pac:

I also need a distraction to stop me from texting or messaging somebody that I really shouldn't!

You feeling ok Lynda?

You Laugh You Lose is excellent for timewasting, just sayin' :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

That_Guy wrote: »
    On a serious Rage Against The Machine buzz. 'Calm Like A Bomb' is a serious tune.
    Bulls on parade ftw :)

Oh and don't mind the cat - it's all about this guy!!

• Advertisement

You feeling ok Lynda?

You Laugh You Lose is excellent for timewasting, just sayin' :P

Irritated at the hospital because they still don't know what's wrong with me. But I get lots of lovely tests in a few weeks, which they think will give a definite answer.

I also need a nap!

How are you?

And how are the rest of you guys? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I am so nervous. I am going to join zumba class tonight. I am going to make such a show of myself, I can just feel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Polloloca wrote: »
    I am so nervous. I am going to join zumba class tonight. I am going to make such a show of myself, I can just feel it.

You'll be grand. Just make sure you warm up plenty before you start. :)

Normally to dance, I need to be on the wrong side of a bottle of vodka.... Haha, see me sneaking in a few sneaky naggins to give me a bit of courage.

Don't worry, zumba is so much fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Taking night classes for the next 6 weeks, and I'm still likely to fall asleep in them >_<

I wanna do Zumba! Maybe tomorrow I'll get off my lazy ass and go:pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Evening all..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Zumba, pilates, yoga...so many types of exercise these days.

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    Multi coloured spandex on, dodgy dance tunes on the boombox and moving like there's no tomorrow.

Sounds like Coppers - your scene alright!

Zumba is class, have fun Polloloca :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Or Mr. Motivator flashback. :eek:

Zumba was heaps of fun. I had two left feet for most of the class, but it was week 3 and my first time there, so I am pretty proud of the effort I made. However, I need more (good) exercise class ideas (that does not involve bikes). Currently, I do boxercise on mondays and wednesdays, going to do zumba on tuesdays (maybe thursdays?) - need ideas for friday and maybe thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Been curious about zumba myself.
    You could look up gyms in your area,they'll all have fitness classes on. Was going to sign up to one in the one in town,but i'm also applying to do weekly volunteer work so don't want to set myself up for too much.

How about water aerobics? Sounds good.

This is going to sound so horrible, so I swear in advance Im not a bad person... But the only reason I enjoy aqua aerobics in the local pool is because its full of older ladies, and I feel super fit and young and pretty, in the midst of them all.

:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Polloloca wrote: »
    This is going to sound so horrible, so I swear in advance Im not a bad person... But the only reason I enjoy aqua aerobics in the local pool is because its full of older ladies, and I feel super fit and young and pretty, in the midst of them all.

:/

:D ha! ah well, at least it's good for something so

Actually thinking about it now hula hooping is pretty cool - don't ask how or why I started, but it was great to get me toned up! And you can learn some pretty cool tricks :P

Can't do it now because my piercing is being tricksy and I need to give it a bit of time to heal properly, I misses it. :(

Ugh I did nothing all winter, so unfit now! Trying to get back into kickboxing and pilates and running, but sure I can barely walk up a hill right now:p Gonna hurt the next few weeks.

Went to water aerobics with my mam before and I hated it cause it was full of old ladies who were less fit than me and they went too slow. I'd probably be the worst in the class at this stage :pac:

How did you find pilates Princess Peach?

I did it for 2 years straight, loved it. Then I moved. It really does give results over time. You seem to be doing lots of cardio, so I think pilates could really help with toning and flexibility on top of that if you can find a good class!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I did it for 2 years straight, loved it. Then I moved. It really does give results over time. You seem to be doing lots of cardio, so I think pilates could really help with toning and flexibility on top of that if you can find a good class!

I defo agree with PP. You're doing enough cardio stuff with zumba and boxercise. Yoga or pilates would be good for balance and flexibility. Personally, I'd pick Pilates. Yoga was a bit too strange for me.

Gymmed it there earlier and then cycled to the shops. I am now wrecked. Cannot wait to fall asleep. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement