Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Evening all.

I did too much in the gym today. Lifting my arms takes much more effort than it should. :o

How is everyone keeping? Hope work is going quickly and exams are going well.

Edit:
    Polloloca wrote: »
    I want to have a little rant :(

My best friend has been encouraging me to get involved more with exercise, which I have been trying to do. Last week, she encouraged me to join the zumba class, which I did last night and paid in full for the course.
    She told me she was doing the same, then last night told me she paid for the one class because she wanted to make sure she liked it. Today she text me to tell me about all the other exercise classes that are on in various gyms in our town, and that she didn't want to go back to Zumba because she didn't feel it was a good work out.
    Now she wants to do a step and tone class, and I seriously cannot afford it after throwing my money away on the courses of zumba - which i actually enjoyed.

That sucks, sorry to hear that. Similar thing happened to me a few months back, just substitute "friend" with "cousin" and Zumba" with "Canadian visa". All you can do really at this stage is stick to it. Get fit and healthy and have fun doing it just to spite your friend. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I want to have a little rant :(

My best friend has been encouraging me to get involved more with exercise, which I have been trying to do. Last week, she encouraged me to join the zumba class, which I did last night and paid in full for the course.
    She told me she was doing the same, then last night told me she paid for the one class because she wanted to make sure she liked it. Today she text me to tell me about all the other exercise classes that are on in various gyms in our town, and that she didn't want to go back to Zumba because she didn't feel it was a good work out.
    Now she wants to do a step and tone class, and I seriously cannot afford it after throwing my money away on the courses of zumba - which i actually enjoyed.
    tbf - if you enjoy it - you go do it and don't worry about anybody else - put yourself first.

It's nice to have a friend with you at things like these but it's better for you to get to know people there sometimes - get to know new people and so on.

Also - in your position, that would annoy me to the point where I'd actively try to reach targets for weight loss etc. to show your friend that Zumba is a better workout :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

I'm knackered after all that!

Well done Pixie Fairy! :)
    I think I might watch a movie tonight as a treat and a break from study.
    It's sad when you're getting this excited about watching Shutter Island :o :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I liked that film, though I preferred the book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I'm knackered after all that!

Well done Pixie Fairy! :)
    I think I might watch a movie tonight as a treat and a break from study.
    It's sad when you're getting this excited about watching Shutter Island :o :pac:

you know what is even sadder???

im excited about starting study....just because i get to watch two of my favourite movies tonight :o

if only Anchorman or Indiana Jones (not the fourth one though...) was on the course...id ace it :pac:

• Advertisement

I've never read the book of this movie, so I'm looking forward to being surprised! I hate it when my favourite books get made into movies, they never get it right :mad:

What movies are you watching Pixie?

If I had an exam in V for Vendetta, Bladerunner or Mean Girls I'd be a happy bunny :pac:
    Looking at that list I have strange tastes :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Left high and dry about boxercise class tonight too, my friend backed out because she doesn't feel well. I have literally 10 minutes to decide whether or not to go or not. Its a tiny class so I don't want to be without a partner, but I really enjoy the class and don't want to wait until monday for it.

GO

Seriously do, you'll regret it if you don't.

What movies are you watching Pixie?

If I had an exam in V for Vendetta, Bladerunner or Mean Girls I'd be a happy bunny :pac:
    Looking at that list I have strange tastes :o

The Wind that Shakes the barley and Michael Collins
    then i have the option of 7 more including once.....but i hate that film or Inside im Dancing but i dunno....i know the quiet man well so i could do that??

ha its ok i have a weird taste in movies too....not the biggest fan of girl movies but i do love stuff like Back to the Future and Die Hard....im quite manly in film choices :o
    Left high and dry about boxercise class tonight too, my friend backed out because she doesn't feel well. I have literally 10 minutes to decide whether or not to go or not. Its a tiny class so I don't want to be without a partner, but I really enjoy the class and don't want to wait until monday for it.

id say go!! im sure they could pair ya off with someone else??

Theres only 4 of us in the class. 2 girls that are friends, and myself and my friend. I'm going to go now anyway, she is just being vindictive. I told her yesterday that I lost 6lbs at weightwatchers, and since then she has cancelled tonight (a half an hour before it starts) and pulled out of the zumba classes also. Im going. And Im going to tell her "Sorry babe, I feel sick" when she asks me to go out at the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Atta girl Polloloca.
    The Wind that Shakes the barley and Michael Collins
    then i have the option of 7 more including once.....but i hate that film or Inside im Dancing but i dunno....i know the quiet man well so i could do that??

Oh, I love those ones! I wish that was my study :D
    ha its ok i have a weird taste in movies too....not the biggest fan of girl movies but i do love stuff like Back to the Future and Die Hard....im quite manly in film choices :o

Die Hard! How could I forget Die Hard...but I watch pretty much anything, I have no taste an open mind. :P
    Except for horror movies, anyone here who saw me waffling on about cushion forts will tell you I ain't so good with those :o
    awec wrote: »
    Please tell me those 3 are not your favourite movies...

Problem?

I knew you were going to say something about that....and no, tbh they were the first ones into my head. Gotta love Mean Girls especially though:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Theres only 4 of us in the class. 2 girls that are friends, and myself and my friend. I'm going to go now anyway, she is just being vindictive. I told her yesterday that I lost 6lbs at weightwatchers, and since then she has cancelled tonight (a half an hour before it starts) and pulled out of the zumba classes also. Im going. And Im going to tell her "Sorry babe, I feel sick" when she asks me to go out at the weekend.

Really sounds like she is jealous! I've been subject to that jealousy, much as it sucks either ignore the jealousy or ignore her! Did you go in the end?

Evening all!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Exercise envy sounds daft.

Evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Exercise envy sounds daft.

More weight loss envy, especially when you have always been the fat friend!

Oh, that's no fun...(re Pem's post).

Does your avatar dude accompany you to the gym, awec? :pac:

awec wrote: »
    Yes! I have a problem! :pac: :P

(V for Vendetta is decent)

Mean Girls is awesome....embrace your inner girl awec! :pac:

im feeling really patriotic right now! Michael Collins then TWTSTB!!

may have to take off the duvet though because its making me sleepy...:pac:

Pembily wrote: »
    Really sounds like she is jealous! I've been subject to that jealousy, much as it sucks either ignore the jealousy or ignore her! Did you go in the end?

Evening all!

Yeah, I went, and it was fantastic, but I fainted during cool down. I'm pretty sure I'm coming down with something, because while I have weight to lose, I'm pretty good at being active, and never have felt faint during exercise before.
    At least I only missed the boring part, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

Yeah, I went, and it was fantastic, but I fainted during cool down. I'm pretty sure I'm coming down with something, because while I have weight to lose, I'm pretty good at being active, and never have felt faint during exercise before.
    At least I only missed the boring part, lol.

It could been that you're coming down with something or that the heat simply got to you. It's easy to overlook the build up of it in your body when you get into the momentum of the exercise. I remember training in a closed ventilation room that had the electric heaters on full blast years ago, people started dropping like flies after a short while.

Anyhow, just finished my exercise circuit for the night. I really hope the weather is good this weekend as I've definitely got to get out and try do a few Km of a run. I'll aim for 4 to ease me back into it but oh how I hate running alone, must see can I persuade my friend to go with me again.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Glad to hear you went anyway Polloloca, despite the unreliable friend. Can't stand people who bail on plans - especially last minute. Unfortunately I'd say we all know one!

Don't forget to take it easy for the rest of the night, you deserve to put your feet up now :)

She text me during it and I replied after class... Said "Sorry, just out of boxercise" and she replied "What, you went?" Yes I went.. "On your own?" Yup!

The other girls in the class are really nice and i never talked to them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

swapple wrote: »
    Can't stand people who bail on plans - especially last minute. Unfortunately I'd say we all know one!

Agreed, happened to me last weekend; I still enjoyed my night out so screw em.
    The other girls in the class are really nice and i never talked to them before.

Make the same effort to meet the others in your Zumba class and you'll be sorted, no more relying on a fickle friend and your motivation to go will increase as meeting up with the other cool people from the clubs will be added incentive. :)

Glad to hear you had a good time at it Polloloca. :)

I got some passport photos taken earlier, oh god they are awful...I seem to have 3 faces I pull in these things, sad, stoned, and plotting to kill you.

EVERY. FECKING. TIME. :pac:

*goes back to watching movie*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I used to do boxercise with a friend who was a little flaky, I always went if she decided not to. Twas grand, probably got a better workout cause we weren't chatting so much :pac:

Tomorrow I WILL get up early, do pilates and boxercise and study and go to class. May die!

I used to do boxercise with a friend who was a little flaky, I always went if she decided not to. Twas grand, probably got a better workout cause we weren't chatting so much :pac:

Tomorrow I WILL get up early, do pilates and boxercise and study and go to class. May die!

Going to pilates myself tomorrow night. I am excited! Alone too, because my friends are clearly not really my friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

[whinge]God damn these essays are killing me.[/moan] I'm going to get drunk on Friday and marry her (Friday). Then I'm going to cheat on her with Saturday, and maybe Sunday. :pac: Monday won't be happy.

You know when you've churned out loads of really insightful ideas all day (slight exaggeration) and you just can't wring any more brilliance out of your genius sponge of a brain? That's me. Then the panic sets in.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

WAKE UP EVERYONE WE SLEPT IN!!
    (

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Sauve wrote: »
    WAKE UP EVERYONE WE SLEPT IN!!
    (

Speak for yourself.. I'm up since 7am.. just busy busy to be on here (until now that is!!) :p

Hows you missus?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement