Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

That_Guy wrote: »
    FREE THE ONLINE DATING THREAD 1!!!

:pac:

Everyone who went off topic in it at any time will probably be banned. Half of us will be gone! :pac:

I don't like rugby but you can have the mug if you'd like.

D'awwww. I have to buy you a Toffee Crisp for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I don't like rugby but you can have the mug if you'd like.
    how-to-negotiate-effectively.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Everyone who went off topic in it at any time will probably be banned. Half of us will be gone! :pac:

In that case I'm definitely gone. :pac:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwB_HaPCMtMJWCemG6T6-mHuJffyWLuRGU_KUuwBt0X931vbW0tg6-MPbB

tGC is gonna lose half of its regs once the bannings start!

So far, since joining the site, I've managed to rack up 0 infractions or bans. I have a feeling today will be my last day as a good girl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

ebb22674_not-sure-if-serious.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Not too bad, bit tired..

Yup, been in Milano all week.. home tomorrow (hopefully)
    I hope the weather had improved! Torrential rain and thunderstorms in Milano when I was there last Saturday :eek: We used the rain as an excuse to shelter in Peck. <3 Peck.
    Aw tnx hun xoxoxoxlmaoxoxoxox
    OMG, u iz like sooo not cumin 2 d nyt ou wi da gurlz dis wkend.
    Ugh... I think I've died a little inside writing that out...
    My eyes, my eyes :eek:
    All this talk of cycling makes me think I should learn how to do it. You know the way they say you never forget how to ride a bike? They lied.
    Agreed! I haven’t cycled in over ten years at least, I’d say. I’d say I’d fall over within two minutes if I tried to cycle now :o

Afternoon all. This weather is absolutely foul. It’s also making me crave hot chocolate. A hot whiskey would also be good :pac:

Hermione* wrote: »
    :eek:Agreed! I haven’t cycled in over ten years at least, I’d say. I’d say I’d fall over within two minutes if I tried to cycle now :o

Afternoon all. This weather is absolutely foul. It’s also making me crave hot chocolate. A hot whiskey would also be good :pac:

I haven't cyled in about 10 years either. I borrowed my sister's bike last week and tried, because I'm getting bored of running each night. I fell off within 5 seconds. Cue me trying again and again and repeatedly falling off.

It's horrible out! Think I'm going to stay in, do some cleaning and more bloody paperwork, have lots of coffee and read by the fire. Oh, my life is so exciting. Wish sick leave was over, not working is extremely boring!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

pah, im off choc for a week to see if it'll help with the singing and less throat clearing

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

FREE THE ONLINE DATING THREAD 1!!!

:pac:

I was last to post on it!! :confused: Did i break it?... I feel personally responsible now :(

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    pah, im off choc for a week to see if it'll help with the singing and less throat clearing

I noticed that after I cut dairy from my diet, my voice became stronger, less mucus and stuff on the chest. It's good to quit it for a few days before a gig, it just leaves everything in nice working order.

That said, chocolate wouldn't be too bad. It's more milk, yogurt and ice cream that you'd want to avoid.

I noticed that after I cut dairy from my diet, my voice became stronger, less mucus and stuff on the chest. It's good to quit it for a few days before a gig, it just leaves everything in nice working order.

That said, chocolate wouldn't be too bad. It's more milk, yogurt and ice cream that you'd want to avoid.

i had a chocolate before the lesson and was worse than usual so i think that's it
    i don't drink milk or eat yogurt and rarely icecream anymore

since i'm allergic to dairy in general it's a good motivator to try cut down in general

i have a "gig" on the first of june for the casual student concert :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Aaaand breathe everyone, online dating thread is back!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I hope the weather had improved! Torrential rain and thunderstorms in Milano when I was there last Saturday :eek: We used the rain as an excuse to shelter in Peck. <3 Peck... :

No idea what or where Peck is, but its definitely mid 20s out there atm and sun is splitting the rocks all week.. :cool:

i had a chocolate before the lesson and was worse than usual so i think that's it
    i don't drink milk or eat yogurt and rarely icecream anymore

since i'm allergic to dairy in general it's a good motivator to try cut down in general

i have a "gig" on the first of june for the casual student concert :eek:

That's strange, it's usually milk and yogurt that does it!

I'm allergic to dairy too, which is why I completely cut it out of my diet. I swear, my voice is so much better now.

Good luck with your 'gig!' :p

awesome, i'll definitely be good with it so :)

i'm having a night in with friend tomorrow with takeaway and nicecream but after that i'm back to cutting it out :cool:

thanks! i'm only singing less than a year it's all a bit scary :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Sowwee bout locking the dating thread earlier gaiz,stupid stubby digits.

:-o

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Sowwee bout locking the dating thread earlier gaiz,stupid stubby digits.

:-o

You should have re- opened it and said nothing. The morning of 10th May would become legendarily mysterious forevermore...

awesome, i'll definitely be good with it so :)

i'm having a night in with friend tomorrow with takeaway and nicecream but after that i'm back to cutting it out :cool:

thanks! i'm only singing less than a year it's all a bit scary :D

Don't be worrying, you'll be grand! I'm only singing 9 months, and already have an EP recorded, done lots of gigs and am preparing for an album!

It's honestly easy. Gigging is the scariest part, but you have to remember that even if you hit a bum note, people won't notice it! I'm sure you'll do really well! :)

Don't be worrying, you'll be grand! I'm only singing 9 months, and already have an EP recorded, done lots of gigs and am preparing for an album!

It's honestly easy. Gigging is the scariest part, but you have to remember that even if you hit a bum note, people won't notice it! I'm sure you'll do really well! :)

eh? jaysus
    are you doing classical?

• Advertisement

eh? jaysus
    are you doing classical?

Nope. I do rock. Never had any training, I just taught myself guitar and piano when I was a kid and then 9 months ago my ex heard me singing. He's a fantastic musician and a sound engineer so I was dragged into the studio and thrown on a stage shortly after and it just sort of went from there! :)

oh i see!
    that's pretty awesome well done :)

i'm just starting opera now :)

oh i see!
    that's pretty awesome well done :)

i'm just starting opera now :)

Opera? Oh my gosh, I bet you're fantastic! I love opera, but I'm nowhere near good enough to do it myself! :)

Opera? Oh my gosh, I bet you're fantastic! I love opera, but I'm nowhere near good enough to do it myself! :)

yeah there's a fcukton of training and techniques involved :confused: i always thought you just open your mouth and sing but no
    have learned it all pretty quickly though so we're making good progress
    waiting on my grade 6 results and just started on grade 7
    it's hard though so i'm not allowed practise much on my own at home without the teacher
    makes a change from piano and cello "go home and practise ALL the time!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Have you got the recorded stuff online somewhere that we can hear it Lynda?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Sauve wrote: »

Oh yeah would love to hear it!

Sauve wrote: »

EEK! :( I don't like people hearing my voice, but I guess I don't care what people online think!

I only have covers recorded so far. Here are two. Don't slate me too much!!

In this second one, it was the day after I started singing, so I was terrified and went off key in the first chorus. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

EEK! :( I don't like people hearing my voice, but I guess I don't care what people online think!

Does that not go against recording songs though?

Pembily wrote: »
    Does that not go against recording songs though?

It's not that I actually don't care. I'm just extremely shy about singing and people hearing me (I know, I don't exactly come across as shy), so I try to tell myself I don't really care what people think, to try to help myself overcome how shy I am. I know that's weird.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement