Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

awec wrote: »
    You're a good singer like. :)

:o:o:o:o Thank you! I'm sitting here going bright red and wanting to run away from the laptop. I never normally let people that aren't family or close friends hear my stuff because I hate my voice. I just love singing, but don't like how I sound, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Good job Lynda though the music was kinda loud in the first video. Still good mind. :)

That_Guy wrote: »
    Good job Lynda though the music was kinda loud in the first video. Still good mind. :)

Yeah, I noticed that myself. I have no idea why that is. I only know the extremely basic parts of sound engineering. I must question my friend on that later! :)

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Yeah, I noticed that myself. I have no idea why that is. I only know the extremely basic parts of sound engineering. I must question my friend on that later! :)

Turn the music down and your voice up. Simples. I had a video up on Youtube of me singing one of my leaving cert practical songs. Just wanted a bit of feedback. Took it down though. I was far too good... obviously.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i had a recording from last year doing one of my songs
    i might record one of the new ones and see if there's a difference ha ha

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    Turn the music down and your voice up. Simples. I had a video up on Youtube of me singing one of my leaving cert practical songs. Just wanted a bit of feedback. Took it down though. I was far too good... obviously.

:pac:

Lol! It's not that simple. :p I can't even remember the name of one of the pieces of equipment he was using, but if my voice went past a certain level in volume, it'd flash red and that'd mean it was gonna sound all distorted or badly compressed or something. I'm not sure. My fault in the first song for making him use a crappy backing track instead of actually doing the music myself. :pac:

Put it back up and gimme a listen! I bet you're good! :)

bluewolf wrote: »
    i had a recording from last year doing one of my songs
    i might record one of the new ones and see if there's a difference ha ha

Let's hear it! :)

it was on some random website not youtube, ill have a look later

we'll see :)

Put it back up and gimme a listen! I bet you're good! :)

NEVARRR!!

It was this song anyway.

I don't do it justice at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    No idea what or where Peck is, but its definitely mid 20s out there atm and sun is splitting the rocks all week.. :cool:
    Peck is a really old Milanese deli/ café. It’s on Via Spadari, opposite the Laduréeshop. It’s foodie heaven if you’re a foodie, or endless rows of expensive things in jars, if you’re not :pac:
    It was still really warm, despite the rain. It nearly always is in Italy, ime. I do love the way Italy manages to be wet and warm at the same time - it’s such an awkward weather combination to dress for :cool:
    pah, im off choc for a week to see if it'll help with the singing and less throat clearing
    You’ll just have to have a hot whiskey so! :pac: Good luck with the concert, too!
    oh i see!
    that's pretty awesome well done

I’m just starting opera now :)
    Oh, wow, learning opera sounds very cool! I’m hoping to get back to Milan later this year to see an opera at La Scala. I’m really hoping that happens: I reckon it’d be so much fun.

Can’t see your links at work Lynda, will look them up later :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Lots of singers of all varieties :) Talented bunch we are :D

Pembily wrote: »
    Lots of singers of all varieties :) Talented bunch we are :D

Now you should sing for us! :)

We should do a sing along at the next beers. I'll bring a guitar! :pac:

Now you should sing for us! :)

We should do a sing along at the next beers. I'll bring a guitar! :pac:

Oh dear god no, anyone who has heard my voice go high pitched from drinking / excitement knows I should never sing :pac:

Oh dear god no, anyone who has heard my voice go high pitched from drinking / excitement knows I should never sing :pac:

:pac: So what's your hidden talent? You should share it with us so we can fawn over you, too. :)

Hermione* wrote: »
    Oh, wow, learning opera sounds very cool!
    It sounds so important ha ha
    I'm learning "voi che sapete"; I'll look for a link later when I'm home - suzanne someone is the best version I've heard
    I love listening to barbara bonney though :eek: I'm learning "ach ich fuhls" as well and her recording is super
    (both mozart)
    I’m hoping to get back to Milan later this year to see an opera at La Scala. I’m really hoping that happens: I reckon it’d be so much fun.
    can i come :eek:

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

:pac: So what's your hidden talent? You should share it with us so we can fawn over you, too. :)

snigger

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Peck is a really old Milanese deli/ café. It’s on Via Spadari, opposite the Laduréeshop. It’s foodie heaven if you’re a foodie, or endless rows of expensive things in jars, if you’re not :pac:

Definitely a foodie.. love it, but going there would be a serious problem for my bank account.. :D
    Hermione* wrote:
    It was still really warm, despite the rain. It nearly always is in Italy, ime. I do love the way Italy manages to be wet and warm at the same time - it’s such an awkward weather combination to dress for :cool:

Warm and moist isnt necessarily a bad thing.. ;):pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Downing drinks. :D

Dont forget chocolate.. lots of chocolate.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

I'm learning "voi che sapete"; I'll look for a link later when I'm home - suzanne someone is the best version I've heard
    I love listening to barbara bonney though :eek: I'm learning "ach ich fuhls" as well and her recording is super
    (both mozart)

I will pay you to learn "time to say goodbye" for Halloween so I can dress up as a lumberjack to make an awesome entrance. :D

• Advertisement

Downing drinks. :D
    Dont forget chocolate.. lots of chocolate.. :pac:
    Awec that is one :P

Yes TP, baking is another talent, I love it and when it involves chocolate it's even better :D

If I can find any videos of me drumming I'll lash them up.

Actually here's one...

This was done yeeeeeears ago. It was our first gig with my super awesome deadly metal band. (:pac:)

My hair is well long in this video.

Sound is shít. Everything about it is shít. Enjoy

I'm also a talented actor (or not)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I love listening to barbara bonney though :eek:I'm learning "ach ich fuhls" as well and her recording is super
    (both mozart)
    It sounds so cool tbh! I’ll have to look all that up later tonight! Love classical music – I even did a history course on the history of classical music in college.
    can i come :eek:
    Oh, somebody else thinks it sounds cool! I feel less odd now :pac: You can also do a tour of the La Scala Theatre.
    Definitely a foodie.. love it, but going there would be a serious problem for my bank account.. :D
    Well, it was definitely a problem for mine! I loved peck, although it bankrupted me. I would really recommend their cafe - the food and the service were both exquisite!
    Warm and moist isnt necessarily a bad thing.. ;):pac:
    I know :P That’s why I specified that I was referring to the weather ;):pac:

Stoopid lack of videos at work! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Yes TP, baking is another talent, I love it and when it involves chocolate it's even better :D

Licking the spoon is the best part! Oh, and the smell as the yummy deliciousness is baking :D

Lynda your voice is lovely, I like that you didn't try to imitate the accent on the Cranberries song :p

I'm heading to Cassidys in a while :)

Awec that is one :P

I'm sure there are other hidden talents, but best keep them.. eemmm hidden ;) :pac:

Well, it was definitely a problem for mine! I loved peck, although it bankrupted me. I would really recommend their cafe - the food and the service were both exquisite!

Must give it a try so.. is the cafe expensive?
    Hermione* wrote:
    I know :P That’s why I specified that I was referring to the weather ;):pac:

You know us so well.. :D
    Hermione* wrote:
    Stoopid lack of videos at work! :mad:

Why no videos at work? What do you work at??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Right it's a f*cking horrible day and I has been a shockingly annoying day in work so I am going for drinks!

Anyone around? - cassidys at half 5 is when I'll be there!! All welcome! Come keep Commander Bond company!! :)

Peck is a really old Milanese deli/ café. It’s on Via Spadari, opposite the Laduréeshop. It’s foodie heaven if you’re a foodie, or endless rows of expensive things in jars, if you’re not :pac:...

You do know they have an online store!!

http://www.peck.it/

Just thought I'd put that out there.. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Right it's a f*cking horrible day and I has been a shockingly annoying day in work so I am going for drinks!

Anyone around? - cassidys at half 5 is when I'll be there!! All welcome! Come keep Commander Bond company!! :)

Popping into there on my way back from the gym later on, do you have any more psalms from the Book of Sam to share? :D

• Advertisement

I'm sure there are other hidden talents, but best keep them.. eemmm hidden ;) :pac:

One the good ones get my real talents! I make an amazing cup of tea and scone* :)

Pronounced scown!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement