Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Maguined wrote: »
    Popping into there on my way back from the gym later on, do you have any more psalms from the Book of Sam to share? :D

Nothing since the last day - I am trying to get the author herself out but it is not looking likely! Ah well - we'll just have to get drunk, and eat pizza and lollies instead!!

COME ON EVERYONE ELSE - COME DRINKING!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Nothing since the last day - I am trying to get the author herself out but it is not looking likely! Ah well - we'll just have to get drunk, and eat pizza and lollies instead!!

Tell her she owes me a fizzy pop so has to come. :p

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

I would, but I have an interview later. :P

Lynda, your voice is lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

awec wrote: »
    I give up with you! :P
    :D:D

Smallbiscuit come and back me up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I have come from the gym, I'm eating doritos and drinking pop, beers later :pac: At least I might have an easier time getting up the steep hill to the session!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

We should all Skype/msn and see what we all sound/look like for the craic......I know I don't get out much!!

We should all Skype/msn and see what we all sound/look like for the craic......I know I don't get out much!!

Or you could just come to the beers!

(and get out that way. I'm a great problem solver, me. :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Hermione* wrote: »
    It sounds so cool tbh! I’ll have to look all that up later tonight! Love classical music – I even did a history course on the history of classical music in college. Oh, somebody else thinks it sounds cool! I feel less odd now :pac: You can also do a tour of the La Scala Theatre. Well, it was definitely a problem for mine! I loved peck, although it bankrupted me. I would really recommend their cafe - the food and the service were both exquisite! I know :P That’s why I specified that I was referring to the weather ;):pac:

Stoopid lack of videos at work! :mad:

Oh I've been a musician since I was a kid, I have all the grades in music theory, diploma in cello, grade 6 piano... :D
    was pretty involved with the music students when i was in college and playing in their concerts ha ha
    so no, going to see opera in italy is not strange at ALL :cool:

here we go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NYMqxVyoFE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmHyA4WsJAM

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Thanks so much, kkk!

I finally got paid my sick leave! Night out, yay! If anyone's around the woolshed, come find me! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Must give it a try so.. is the cafe expensive?
    It’s a little pricey, all right, but it’s fairly priced too. One of our wines was €4.50 and another €6.50, which is really good value for the yumminess of the wines. Other things were dearer but it was well worth it, imo. Best meal I’ve had in ages tbh.
    You know us so well.. :D
    Well that, and the alternative interpretation came to mind when I was typing :pac:
    Why no videos at work? What do you work at??
    I work in Finance. Videos and photos never load for me at work – I think it’s our stoopid slow system :rolleyes:
    You do know they have an online store!!
    http://www.peck.it/
    Just thought I'd put that out there.. :D:D:D
    Eek, I did not know! Thanks for trying to bankrupt me further :D:pac:
    bluewolf wrote: »
    Oh I've been a musician since I was a kid, I have all the grades in music theory, diploma in cello, grade 6 piano... :D
    was pretty involved with the music students when i was in college and playing in their concerts ha ha
    so no, going to see opera in italy is not strange at ALL

here we go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NYMqxVyoFE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmHyA4WsJAM

:)
    Oh, I’m so jealous of all your musical learning! That’s really cool. I’d love to have done music but sadly, I am 100% tone deaf so it wasn’t an option :( I’m a committed concert-attendee instead!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Pembily wrote: »
    I'm sure there are other hidden talents, but best keep them.. eemmm hidden ;) :pac:

One the good ones get my real talents! I make an amazing cup of tea and scone* :)

Pronounced scown!

I can stand by Pem's tea prowess!And she is right in her pronunciation!

Evening all, en route to Dublin again.On a train this time and there is some kid with some toy that I will smash if she doesn't turn down the volume

Ohgoodgod, someone take the jam away from me! I've eaten nearly half a pot in over a week :eek:

I want to go to Italy...

That's super annoying D!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Home made jam?

I'm off for a run and I don't care if it rains.

Home made jam?

I'm off for a run and I don't care if it rains.

Homemade blackberry... Fingers crossed it won't rain :)

You tried dipping cheese into your jam yet Pem? :pac:

oh lord that sounds so dirty

You tried dipping cheese into your jam yet Pem? :pac:
    Nope and I won't...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

I dunno what to say. I'm shocked!!!

:p

it DOES :pac:

• Advertisement

Dr Galen wrote: »

I dunno what to say. I'm shocked!!!

:p
    By BW making something dirty? Really :p

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

Pembily wrote: »
    Homemade blackberry...

Deadly, I haven't had that since I was in my grandmothers house years ago. Hmm that could be a plan for the summer seeing as I'm now reminded of how much I miss it.

I dunno about cheese in jam, it has the potential to be either amazing or dire. From my own tastes though I'd recommend grilled potato waffles with jam on top :D

Thursday in work was nice and relaxed as it's been every week since I introduced team cake day, though it's grown in the last two weeks to be cake and scones day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Might head into cassidys later since some of ye are there!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Cheese and jam? Hmm.

Home made blackberry is good. :):D

Good run, no rain. Almost the weekend. No word from my tutor again.

I just had an induction course thing, oh dear god the supervisors are scary. They're all really big ex army guys so it's kinda "yes sir...no sir....how high do you want me to jump sir" stuff.

I'm tempted to try find ye lot in Cassidys now, but it's raining and I'm tired :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

How're we all tonight? Haven't been on here in an age :D

Did you not have to call your male teachers "sir" in school?

Of course not! Mr Whatever to their faces, and less polite behind their backs. :P

I don't mind the sirring, they're just quite intimidating.

• Advertisement

Really? :eek:

Is it not the norm down here?

Every male teacher I had was always referred to as sir and you had to say it when talking to them.. "yes sir", "no sir" etc. Some of them were really insistent about it!

What?

No I've never called a teacher sir, it's not expected at all here. Just calling them Mr is fine! If you tried sir I think you'd just get a very strange look tbh.....

So the sirring thing is new. :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement