Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

We called our male (and i use that description lightly) teachers Sir! To their faces at least.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I've vague recollections of 'sir' at secondary, but I can't really remember, tbh. Not sure on the primary set up, more of a 'Mr', I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Really?

Ooh this is new, in my school anyway we didn't. As far as I know none of my mates did have to either......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Mods have to be addressed as Sir too.

:cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Dream on Driftwood!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Unless you have a length of wavin pipe to beat us with to back that statement up...jog on son

Unless you have a length of wavin pipe to beat us with to back that statement up...jog on Sir

Wavin pipe is so old school maaaaaaan.

steve_rush_swc.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I keep thinking it's Otis Deadwood and that he'll jump into into a fit of curses that sound suitably Shakespearian and the like. :pac:

Daisies wrote: »
    Dream on Driftwood!

You are a mod too fooooooool!

You would be Lady!

Well,if I had never met you ya might have been.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

For the record, I was in secondary school from 2001-2008 ( :o ) and our male teachers were always Sir. Female teachers were Miss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Kev.OC wrote: »
    For the record, I was in secondary school from 2001-2008 ( :o ) and our male teachers were always Sir. Female teachers were Miss.
    I was in secondary school from '96 - '02 and they were sir and ms as well! What did others call their teachers?

We called our english teacher in first year Wiggy... I have no idea how she got that name, but she taught my mother about 20 years before hand and when I told my mother my teachers name was "wiggy" she was like, "Is she still there?!" so obviously it had been her name for years.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Daisies wrote: »
    Dream on Driftwood!

You are a mod too fooooooool!

You would be Lady!

Well,if I had never met you ya might have been.

Oh ya, mod, keep forgetting.

Oi, I'm a true lady, I just hide the fact to not make Ye feel uncomfortable!

FWIW, I called my teachers Sir/Ms.

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

awec wrote: »
    Did yous all have to wear shirts, ties and blazers to school too? Or is that a nordy thing?

shirt and ties and jumpers...not blazers...well it depended on the school but most wore jumpers

i called the male teachers Sir and the female ones Ms and that was 03-09

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

awec wrote: »
    Did yous all have to wear shirts, ties and blazers to school too? Or is that a nordy thing?

Shirts, ties and v-neck jumpers in 1st year, but that was phased out in favour of long-sleeve polo shirts and round-neck jumpers.

Maroon skirt to our knee, maroon socks, white shirt, maroon white and grey tie, maroon v neck jumper with the white lettering of our schools initals, and black shoes.

Hideous

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Ours was nice, red jumper, white shirt, grey skirt that you either had your mam take up at the hem, or you'd roll it up at the waist to make it shorter :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

mine wasnt too bad...it was the nicest one in the town :pac:

blue shirt, navy tie, navy v neck jumper with a red line around the neckline and the crest

we wore a kilt annoying as fcuk it was navy with a tartan design of green, red and white!
    if you pinned it wrong you had a good chance of the world seeing your lady bits in a gust of wind :o

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I got to wear trousers! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

My taxi just crashed on the way home!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

LyndaMcL wrote: »

WTF!?

You alright?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

18AD wrote: »
    WTF!?

You alright?

I wouldn't be posting on boards if I wasn't. :p I'm fine, just shocked!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

The other vehicle was destroyed no doubt.

*crawls out of wreckage, gets phone, posts on boards* :pac:

I hope you got a discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

I wouldn't be posting on boards if I wasn't. :p I'm fine, just shocked!

Glad your ok. I had a taxi drive into a traffic island once. I saw it coming and i was loaded.

Now I think about it I probably should have said something. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Kev.OC wrote: »

2008 hehe
    96-99, 2001 here
    in the first school we called them mr x miss y, second school we called them by first names

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Morning all!! Bit of advice - when al lthe barmen know you in a pub (cassidys) and you get free crisps and macaroon bars as a result - is that a good thing or a bad thing? :confused:

Great night had last night :pac:
    I would, but I have an interview later. :P

how did she go?

hope you are ok Lynds!! :)

How is everyone this morning!?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Lynda hope you're okay and not too traumatized :)

Happy Friday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Morning all :):) It's Friday!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Morning all!! Bit of advice - when al lthe barmen know you in a pub (cassidys) and you get free crisps and macaroon bars as a result - is that a good thing or a bad thing? :confused:

Depends on how much you want to put out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement