Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

My poor ears. :eek: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Larianne wrote: »
    Just had a flashback to Friday night. :o
    You can't leave it there, moar please!
    Um, no. :o

Ah come on Lari, you can't leave it at that, do you really want to be one of "those" people? :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

bluewolf wrote: »
    chicken stirfry with mixed veg, lemon honey rosemary cumin ginger and cinnamon

I'm going to try this tomorrow or on Thursday.

Eurovision is on a week day. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Semi final.... jedward on last, so tune in about ten to 10 ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Um, no. :o

Spoilsport. :mad: :P
    Maguined wrote: »
    Ah come on Lari, you can't leave it at that, do you really want to be one of "those" people? :p

Listen to Maggie, for once he's talking sense!
    Tell me moar about these army dudes! :)

They are big, and strict, and I work for them.

Ah no, they're nice guys but it's sort of a "yes sir...no sir...three bags full sir" deal. :pac:
    Herro all o/

Howdy!
    Your IT guy survived so far? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Want, Want, Want, Want, Want, Want, Want, Want..... a million times WANT!!

533360_10151125138148238_555293237_13474872_2033554584_n.jpg

edit: hey kitten! Yeah I managed to not kill him.....for now!! :pac:

:eek: WHERE did you find that poster?

Have to have :eek:

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Spoilsport. :mad: :P

Listen to Maggie, for once he's talking sense!

Ask me next time I see you. :pac:
    awec wrote: »
    I've been having these! :D

I had some brilliant conversations on Friday. :)

Just to say my flashbacks ain't the same as awec's. :pac:

:eek: WHERE did you find that poster?

Have to have :eek:

It's made by a guy called Joshua Budich - he also has ones of reservoir dogs, kill bill and one called Brutally Cool witch is a Tarantino Montage

Alas he only makes 150 prints of all these awesome prints! So they are like gold dust! and he refuses to make additional prints. :(

• Advertisement

There's a reservoir dogs one on eBay USA for $85. Pulp fiction is my absolute favourite movie though. So want that :(

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

My dad got up and walked to the toliet, this both pleases and impresses me greatly! 

There's a reservoir dogs one on eBay USA for $85. Pulp fiction is my absolute favourite movie though. So want that :(

Pulp Fiction IS the greatest movie in the history of all time! (no arguments allowed) I desperately want that poster - but it's impossible :(

just to point out my pulp fiction fanboy-ism:

378850_10150679182573238_555293237_12211588_1568305331_n.jpg

and

381538_10150679182708238_555293237_12211589_1214180415_n.jpg

My dad got up and walked to the toliet, this both pleases and impresses me greatly! 

Did he have his hips done?

Done yesterday evening!

Done yesterday evening!

Fair play! Its a tough surgery to get done. The protocol is to get up and moving straight away after the op. Just make sure he adheres to the hip precautions!!

Them hips don't lie

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Did he have his hips done?
    Done yesterday evening!

Fair play to your dad AS! My mom had one of her hips done about 5 years ago. You honestly wouldn't know it to look at her. Hopefully your dad will be back up to 100% before the summer is out.

Went to my first Krav Maga class this evening. Jesus titty-f*cking Christ, it was tough! There's a very real possibility I'll be crippled tomorrow.

Kev.OC wrote: »

Went to my first Krav Maga class this evening. Jesus titty-f*cking Christ, it was tough! There's a very real possibility I'll be crippled tomorrow.

How's the body? It'll be worse tomorrow!
    I'm seriously considering taking up Krav maga. My dad did it for a long time before realising he's a little bit too old. He was black and blue and ended up with broken ribs after a weapons class!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

I'm seriously considering taking up Krav maga.

I remember you mentioning in another thread that you'd a Brown belt in Kenpo, would you not focus on attaining your Black belt in that art first before picking up a different art? Even if you stopped training in it a while ago you'd be surprised how much of it you'll remember once your muscle memory kicks in.

Anynow, G'Morning all.
    What a lovely day out, I'll definitely have to get out of the office at lunch break and catch some sun.

• Advertisement

Oh it's many a year since I did Kenpo :o

Krav Maga isn't a martial art it's almost a mind set that you're taught. It's pretty different from anything else out there.

Morning all!!

Today on Grames Bond presents: What Grinds my gears - Iarnrod eireann! Incompetent useless shower of unholy tw@t Burgers!

Hows everyone else?

Sore. Managed to fall off the spare house while trying to serve it with internet from the main house through a wireless to wireless system.

Nursing a sore shoulder today. Sympathy on the back of a post card to the usual address....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Krav Maga isn't a martial art it's almost a mind set that you're taught. It's pretty different from anything else out there.

It's a pretty aggressive mindset from what I remember, if you feel threatened and the other person hasn't actually done anything yet the mere fact you feel threatened means you eye gouge them. :eek:

Walked to bus this morning, sun shining feeling nice and fresh after a lovely shower then realise I forgot my wallet so had to walk all the way home again. :mad:

It's a pretty aggressive mindset from what I remember, if you feel threatened and the other person hasn't actually done anything yet the mere fact you feel threatened means you eye gouge them. :eek:

Quite the opposite from what I know of it, first step is always to get yourself out of the situation without resorting to violence. If you're threatened you should take a defensive stance and do alot of shouting, basically act a bit crazy, it's proven that if you do this effectively, most attackers will flee. You should only defend, never attack.

Heheh if acting crazy is all that required I should probably start on the top belt :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Happy Hump day everybody :D

What a morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Sore. Managed to fall off the spare house while trying to serve it with internet from the main house through a wireless to wireless system.

Nursing a sore shoulder today. Sympathy on the back of a post card to the usual address....

my heart is bleeding for you...

:pac:

Make it a pretty post card :)

• Advertisement

sympathyback.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement