Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

Sauve wrote: »
    Happy Hump day everybody :D

What a morning...

I so totally read that to mean something else. "What a morning indeed," thought I to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Sauve wrote: »
    Happy Hump day everybody :D

What a morning...

Morning all :) Happy hump day Sauve :P

Um...what's hump day? I'm afraid to google it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

once we're over today there's only 2 days left to the weekend

Just a reference to the middle of the week and getting over the hump of the climb to the weekend it seems. I read it first like you probably are now :-)

Gonna develop a hump myself if I keep sitting funny with this shoulder. Next time I climb a house Im gettnig a safety harness.

• Advertisement

Ah I seeeeeee....

That's Tuesday for me! once I'm over Tuesday I think it's nearly the weekend!

Yes, safety harnesses are a good idea when climbing on high things that have hard things under them :D

Oh crap. I'm seriously hyper today.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Going to see the Dark Knight in the Cinema later!! :D
    AND I'm wearing my new Batman T-Shirt!

Sometimes I am just so cool it hurts the people around me!! :pac:

But do you have a bat utility belt I can use to help me hang a mini transceiver on the side of my house?

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Morning everyone, how are you all? You all seem chirpy!

I do not want to go to hospital. I want to go to the beach!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

awec wrote: »
    Today is my last day in the Office until next Tuesday. :)
    Slightly hate you right now :D
    What a lovely day....lunch sitting on the grass in the sun methinks ;)
    only downside is I can't sleep at night with the heat :(

You'll hate me even more when I inform you I'll be spending my weekend in sunny spain. :D

that's it, get out

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Morning all! Tis warm but the sun is hiding behind some very suss clouds in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Google homepage is quality today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

That_Guy wrote: »

Dam you and the hours of fun I shall now have!:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Panthro wrote: »
    Dam you and the hours of fun I shall now have!:D

That's a full 4 track sequencer too

Hmmm to do work or record a synth album before lunch........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

But do you have a bat utility belt I can use to help me hang a mini transceiver on the side of my house?

Hang on let me check.....

sh!t know I just have my Shark Repellant spray!
    Morning all! :)

Today is my last day in the Office until next Tuesday. :)

Morning Weccy!

Quite Jealous!
    LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Morning everyone, how are you all? You all seem chirpy!

Morning Lynds!! The sun is shining so we have good reason to be chirpy! :)
    You'll hate me even more when I inform you I'll be spending my weekend in sunny spain. :D

:eek:

I take back my "morning".....I hope you have a very very bad morning!

I keed! :pac:

bluewolf wrote: »
    that's it, get out

...... But I agree with this!
    Daisies wrote: »
    Morning all! Tis warm but the sun is hiding behind some very suss clouds in Galway.

Not a cloud in the sky here in Ballsbridge!! But I'm stuck in an office! bleurgh!

Really is!! hours of fun!

Sitting in the sun in my back garden. I'm actually gonna enjoy the long walk to the hospital. :) Need to find my sunglasses now!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

"Leaders Questions" is amazing, its like a house full of Jeremy Kyle's having a pop at Enda Kenny.
    Amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

This is true! :p

Morning, all!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Yea well.....who needs Spain when you've sun in Dublin :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Morning all! Or is there anyone left here due to the Google page being awesome?

jaysus we don't want to know about your dungeon...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Google page is pretty cool. I've got a moog synth app though so it's not distracting me too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

To be honest, I'll see the sun for a few hours on Friday but on Saturday I'll be hanging so bad that I'll be turning my room into a dungeon and won't be leaving it! :pac:

yeah serves you right mate. No sympathy. :p

Strolling through Coolock, Artane and Beaumont, loving the sun! The waiting room in the hospital better not be too warm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

How's the body? It'll be worse tomorrow!
    I'm seriously considering taking up Krav maga. My dad did it for a long time before realising he's a little bit too old. He was black and blue and ended up with broken ribs after a weapons class!

Body is surprisingly ok. Right tricep is a bit tight, and lower back is a little stiff, but apart from that I've no muscular pain. :D

Have a three inch scrape or cut or something on my arm though. Back of the tricep so really awkward to see. Don't even know how it got there. The instructor was walking around and told me I needed a plaster. I didn't even know I was cut.

No particularly bad bruises, but I think I'll pick up a cup before the class next week. One of the lads I went with caught me with a knee. And a lot of the moves seem to involve striking that region. It's fine when you're there with a friend, and ye'll stop short or slap each other in the thigh, but when you're floating around the class it's a bit risky. And one of my friends that I went with caught me with a knee.
    Quite the opposite from what I know of it, first step is always to get yourself out of the situation without resorting to violence. If you're threatened you should take a defensive stance and do alot of shouting, basically act a bit crazy, it's proven that if you do this effectively, most attackers will flee. You should only defend, never attack.

Well I missed the first few weeks, but from what I've seen so far you're somewhat correct. Can't really comment on the "get yourself out of the situation without resorting to violence" part, but it is largely defensive. You're not taught to attack, but to counter-attack, if that makes sense.

The best way I can put it is that you're being neither taught nor encouraged to start a fight, but comprehensively shown how to end one!

TG, that google homepage is awesome!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement