Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Maguined wrote: »
    Culchies and your insatiable craving for coleslaw. :p

a) What's wrong with culchies?
    b) What's wrong with coleslaw?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Culchies and your insatiable craving for coleslaw. :p

Oooohhh it's ONNNNN
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Pembily wrote: »
    a) What's wrong with culchies?
    b) What's wrong with coleslaw?

Nothing is wrong with either, I have just experienced an overwhelming supply of anecdotal proof that culchies worship the stuff. Coleslaw is alright but I have never craved it like a culchie does.

Ah this weather will have the girls out the garden again I think. Time for that weird neighbour of ours to do his usual summer - day time - telescope downward pointing - star gazing again that he seems to enjoy so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Ha,all this talk of coleslaw - I actually bought coleslaw for the first time in ages last night. Cheese, cornichon and coleslaw makes an amazing sandwich!

This weather is just fantastic. It's like. nature's prozac: it gives everyone the happies :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Hermione* wrote: »
    This weather is just fantastic. It's like. nature's prozac: it gives everyone the happies :D

grmbl grmbl
    *points at my tagline*

ah no i'll cheer up once i get home and get some summer clothes - i left them all in enfield and brought my usual heavy stuff up to dublin for the week :rolleyes:

i'm soooo putting the roof down on the car when i drive to my friend's house later >.>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Jason Fly

Sauve wrote: »
    Migraines are pretty horrible, look after yourself, hope you feel better tomorrow :)

took me ages to get to sleep, and I haven't slept much, but at least I feel better today. Thanks :)

Morning, everyone!!

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

Good morning everyone!

I have been in such horrible form lately but even though Im still finding things tough it is sooo hard to stay sad for long out in this weather! I love it!
    if anyone is feeling in any way down at all i challenge you to sit out in the sun with a nice cool drink and not smile!

Brought the wee one to the playground yesterday and she was like a ghost covered in cream but i forgot my own- have a shiny red nose now!

Has anyone anything nice planned for the sun filled day?

Nothing is wrong with either, I have just experienced an overwhelming supply of anecdotal proof that culchies worship the stuff. Coleslaw is alright but I have never craved it like a culchie does.

Very diplomatic response :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Mmmmm I do love a bit of coleslaw.

Love the new avatar Sauve!:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Have to saw I am partial to the aul coleslaw myself.. and yup, I'm a culchie.. :D

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Have to saw I am partial to the aul coleslaw myself.. and yup, I'm a culchie.. :D

I always thought you were a dub TP!

Awec- fcek off with your Spain :pac:

I'm on my wooden stool now!!

Damn you to hell :mad:
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Sitting in my Newcastle jersey, shorts, ankle socks and runners... In work. :pac:

DON'T GIVE A FAAAAAAAACK.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Coleslaw? Nooo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Jason Fly

awec wrote: »
    This time in 24 hours I'll be in sunny spain. :D

Guess you're leaving the sun here... :p

p.s. coleshaw rules!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Coleslaw's alright but it tends to take over a sandwich. :cool: Today's sandwich will be ham, chicken, tomato, cheese, avocado, lettuce, onion, mayonaise and mustard. See, if you put coleslaw in there it would take up too much room! :pac:

• Advertisement

coleslaw is ok but not in a sandwich :confused: on the side of a salad or something

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Very diplomatic response :P

I like to take the piss out of culchies but only for a bit of fun and no genuine hatred behind it, those soulless gingers on the other hand.... :pac:
    Larianne wrote: »
    Coleslaw's alright but it tends to take over a sandwich. :cool: Today's sandwich will be ham, chicken, tomato, cheese, avocado, lettuce, onion, mayonaise and mustard. See, if you put coleslaw in there it would take up too much room! :pac:

Avocado in a sandwich? you are worse than a culchie! :P

I like to take the piss out of culchies but only for a bit of fun and no genuine hatred behind it, those soulless gingers on the other hand.... :pac:

I was in german class the other day and we were working together in twos to write a "weather report"
    so in part of mine i go "the sun is shining in dublin and nowhere else in the country" and he starts "oh is that your outlook on life yea 'down the country'"
    i wasn't sure if he was joking or not
    i think i offended him, poor pet
    turned out he was from waterford
    i offered "okay the sun is shining in dublin and waterford only" as a compromise, to no avail :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

bluewolf wrote: »
    grmbl grmbl
    *points at my tagline*
    ah no i'll cheer up once i get home and get some summer clothes - i left them all in enfield and brought my usual heavy stuff up to dublin for the week :rolleyes:
    i'm soooo putting the roof down on the car when i drive to my friend's house later >.>
    If it’s any consolation, I am currently sporting a very fetching bandage on my banjaxed knee and as a result, can’t wear any of my nice summer dresses :cool:
    bluewolf wrote: »
    coleslaw is ok but not in a sandwich :confused:on the side of a salad or something
    If you use McCambridge’s bread, and don’t overload the coleslaw, it works : ) Cheese on each slice of bread also helps!
    But, but my favourite sandwich involves avocado! :eek:
    http://www.donalskehan.com/2009/03/bacon-avocado-and-sundried-tomato-sandwich/

Larianne wrote: »

Lar that sandwich is just toooo much!

Mags I know you <3 us really :P

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

What the frick do you eat then? Ann and Barry Jam sandwiches or something?? :cool:
    Lar that sandwich is just toooo much!

No, its amazing and it will be even more so when I toast it. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The price of sandwiches can be ridiculous. Better off with DIY versions.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

The problem with culchies, is that they all seem to like mayonaise.

The problem with coselaw, is that it's got mayonaise.

Can't stand the stuff...

• Advertisement

The price of sandwiches can be ridiculous. Better off with DIY versions.

1.70 in our canteen so i don't complain
    i've been having toasted tuna & cheese, or chicken & a drop of mayo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement