Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

awec wrote: »
    Are you slagging jam sandwiches here?

Be careful!

Jam is only good on toast in my opinion.

Or in cake. Do not forget cake. Jam in my house is almost solely used in cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I'm afraid of jam.
    There I said it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Or in cake. Do not forget cake. Jam in my house is almost solely used in cake.

Hmmm, with sponge and cream....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Larianne wrote: »
    What the frick do you eat then? Ann and Barry Jam sandwiches or something?? :cool:

Munchies monster club is the king of sandwiches with some chili mayo though I have not had one is ages and now they have an eggstra club!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Sauve wrote: »
    I'm afraid of jam.
    There I said it.

So you not only dislike the taste but you are actually afraid of it? so no jam even in doughnuts or cakes or anything?

Hey Sauve.... There's a new film coming out soon I think you'd be interested in. :)

730014_5192_1024x2000.jpg

Hmmm, with sponge and cream....

The girlfriends have a thing for Battenburg and Swiss Roll - both of which call for a lot of jam - to which they force me to add extra jam.

I'm afraid of jam.
    There I said it.

Do you have arachibutyrophobia also?

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Are you slagging jam sandwiches here?

Be careful!

No, not all all. I like to have them, when there's NO other food in the house..
    Maguined wrote: »
    Munchies monster club is the king of sandwiches with some chili mayo though I have not had one is ages and now they have an eggstra club!

Hmmm egg in sandwichs are hit and miss. I tend to avoid.
    So you not only dislike the taste but you are actually afraid of it? so no jam even in doughnuts or cakes or anything?

Yeah, what about trifles and jammy dodger biscuits? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

TG That's priceless :D. coffee on keyboard again....

I love the taste of it, it's fine in things but I don't like using it or having 'raw' jam near me.
    I know how weird it is, but there was a very traumatic incident a few years back. It's difficult to speak about. :pac:
    I pretty much covered my car, clothes, handbag, and hair in jam. A jam explosion as it were.
    I was about four hours away from civilisation and had no clean clothes. It was actually traumatic, I'll regale you all over a pint someday :D
    :pac:

Sounds like a sticky situation alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I eat jam out of the jar with a cup of tea :D Home-made blackberry, Daisies can vouch for it's amaazinglyawesomeness!

Pembily wrote: »
    I eat jam out of the jar with a cup of tea

How do you get it in? Would eating it out of the jar with a spoon not be easier?

How do you get it in? Would eating it out of the jar with a spoon not be easier?

Must not turn this into something filthy. My mind is fookin' warped I tells ya.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I always thought you were a dub TP!

Awec- fcek off with your Spain :pac:

Nope... far from it, just a very refined culchie.. Even the Dubs think I'm a dub, alas my love of coleslaw gives the game away.

Having some coleslaw now for lunch as we speak!! Roast stuffed chicken, veg and some coleslaw on the side.. nyom :D

I eat jam out of the jar with a cup of tea :D Home-made blackberry, Daisies can vouch for it's amaazinglyawesomeness!
    Ok Pedantic Pat, I shall re-phrase my post...

I eat jam out of the jar while drinking a cup of tea!
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Go on, it will help if you say it out loud! If you don't BW will anyway :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

bluewolf wrote: »
    I was in german class the other day and we were working together in twos to write a "weather report"
    so in part of mine i go "the sun is shining in dublin and nowhere else in the country" and he starts "oh is that your outlook on life yea 'down the country'"
    i wasn't sure if he was joking or not
    i think i offended him, poor pet
    turned out he was from waterford
    i offered "okay the sun is shining in dublin and waterford only" as a compromise, to no avail :pac:

OI!!!!! Leave the Déise alone you!!! :mad: :pac:

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    OI!!!!! Leave the Déise alone you!!! :mad: :pac:

Bit slow on the uptake today TP :P

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »

Why stop now?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Nope... far from it, just a very refined culchie.. Even the Dubs think I'm a dub, alas my love of coleslaw gives the game away.

Having some coleslaw now for lunch as we speak!! Roast stuffed chicken, veg and some coleslaw on the side.. nyom :D
    Actually, the Dubs often also mistake me for one of them! I have been told that I am a most unculchie-like culchie :pac:

Bit slow on the uptake today TP :P

bit busy missus.. travelling on Sunday, then back and on hols for 10 days, then back and travelling for 3 weeks.. so lots to do.. :D

Hermione* wrote: »
    Actually, the Dubs often also mistake me for one of them! I have been told that I am a most unculchie-like culchie :pac:

Yeah I get that too.. more dub than a dub is the phrase used one more than a few occasions.. even though I have a very neutral accent..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

I tend to get the dubliner comparisons too when I'm back in the bog. "Your accent is funny soundin', ya hear". Borderline Deliverance

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

7aee0853-1.jpg

I could get used to this. Lovely! :D

Eh what are you doing with those on your feet?? U shud have flip flops or something similar..

Jesus lad, the size of your feet. :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I like to take the piss out of culchies but only for a bit of fun and no genuine hatred behind it, those soulless gingers on the other hand.... :pac:

Ah here, I go to the gym and you slag me off! :mad: I have a soul, it's just buried beneath my mass of frizzy ginger hair :p

It is AMAZING. Problem is it is addictive.

I have shorts on, I just bought suncream, I had some AMAZING watermelon sorbet en route home from the gym and now I am boiling eggs for my salad that I am going to eat by the Spanish Arch in the sun :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

7aee0853-1.jpg

I could get used to this. Lovely! :D

Those are some dirty cons awec!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement