Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

For the record, I have absolutely no sympathy for anyone who got burnt. That's what you get for having more fun than me! (Yes, I'm that petty)
    I managed to be working for all but one of the 4/5 days of sun we got. :( I started my working week when the sun got here and I'll finish it when it goes. :(

Also, I've work to do on both the car and bike, and I won't get to do it in the sun. :(

(On the bright side though, at least I'll have new Ghost Recon to keep me company. :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

is it wrong that i am trying to avoid the sun as much as possible?

i didnt want to risk getting badly burnt before my birthday

But good news i have been reunited with my factor 50 but this is my last week living in Dublin for a bit :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

is it wrong that i am trying to avoid the sun as much as possible?

i didnt want to risk getting badly burnt before my birthday

But good news i have been reunited with my factor 50 but this is my last week living in Dublin for a bit :(

I like the sun, I just don't like being out directly in it. I get fed up constantly having to put on sun cream and when I'm not actually putting on sun cream, wondering if I need to again. I'd rather it be sunny and I'm sitting in the shade :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

awec wrote: »
    I am so unbelievably fcuked I can't even put it in to words. :D

All I can say is thank feck I'm off tomorrow because I'm an empty shirt right now.

Ah hugs awec ya poor creatúr :p

That saying btw- I'm stealing it.

G-Money wrote: »
    I like the sun, I just don't like being out directly in it. I get fed up constantly having to put on sun cream and when I'm not actually putting on sun cream, wondering if I need to again. I'd rather it be sunny and I'm sitting in the shade :cool:

the shade is my friend but all my friends love being out in the sun and i look weird if i sit in the shade all by my lonesome!

Kinda have no option when i dont have sun cream! Plus im Ginger.....we dont mix well with the sun! :pac:

Its 12.30 why is it still so warm??!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Its 12.30 why is it still so warm??!! :eek:

Was working last night. Long story short, I went to bed at a quarter to 6 this morning. I'm not going to lie to you, if last night/this morning is anything to go by, this is probably as cool as it's going to get. :(

Janey mackers lads, don't be getting sunburnt :(
    It's so bad for you. Lash on the highest factor you've got. You can even buy one in boots that lasts for 6 hours.

I'm now officially in the lead up to my holidays \o/, Friday 4pm I'm outta work for two weeks , yusss :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

Janey mackers lads, don't be getting sunburnt :(
    It's so bad for you. Lash on the highest factor you've got. You can even buy one in boots that lasts for 6 hours.

I'm now officially in the lead up to my holidays \o/, Friday 4pm I'm outta work for two weeks , yusss :D

Got a phone call from a friend over the weekend saying if was 20 degrees and there was some hairy bald lad layering on fryrex to get that special tan.

Said it smelled two. Glad I can only imagine

Ugh I'm never gonna get that image out of my head :pac:

Ugh I'm never gonna get that image out of my head :pac:

Put me right off my weetabix too...
    This place is great for dieting sometimes :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

I was too hungover/tired yesterday to enjoy the sun :eek: :(
    Made the most of it Saturday tho :cool:

How long more you reckon it'll last? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Aloha!!

Jaysus this sun is amazing - but being in an office is torture!!

How are we all?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Aloha!!

How are we all?

sick in bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Aloha!!

How are we all?
    It's grey and wet in Cork, which I honestly prefer, making me less depressed to be back at work!

^ Proof - not even God likes the Cork people!! ;)

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

^ Proof - not even God likes the Cork people!! ;)

:pac:
    Good thing I'm not from here then...just living here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

What an awesome weekend. From start to finish. :) Hope you're well lads/lasses.

Monday's are generally shíte but it's hard to be grumpy when the weather is so good and brings out the best in people.

Hope you'll be alright blue :(

Actually I may aswell say it here- anyone around on wednesday, it's my birthday so i think a few after work pints are in order! anyone around and wanna celebrate the fact that I am one year closer to death - feel free to join me! I'm going to go to a place I have never been before....I believe it is called "Cassidys" - or something like that! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Morning everyone!

I somehow managed to get both a cold and dehydrated yesterday.... *grumble grumble sneeze*

I nearly died of the heat on Saturday as well, giant fecking heavy jacket was not good in the sun!

Morning everyone!

I somehow managed to get both a cold and dehydrated yesterday.... *grumble grumble sneeze*

I nearly died of the heat on Saturday as well, giant fecking heavy jacket was not good in the sun!

How does one manage to get a cold in the sweltering heat? I think you're bleedin' broken. :pac:

No army men ejected me from the stadium on Saturday. Victory is mine!!!

Grames lad, I'll try and make it out on Wednesday for a couple. Was in Cassidy's on Saturday and they sell Punk IPA from the Brew Dog company... Fookin' delish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Just back from the shopping centre. As I was parking my car a woman stopped in front of me in her convertible and starting waving a piece of paper at me. I realised it was her parking ticket so gave her the nod and she hopped out of her car and gave me her parking ticket which still had 45 minutes left on it. I like it when that happens. It's the 2nd time in as many weeks too :)

Pity her number wasn't on the back of it.

No wait, that's my fantasy when it's a really hot girl at a till somewhere serving me. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

I hope this weather sticks.. I'm looking at three days IN work over the next two weeks.. Mondays off are gold I tells ya GOLD!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

In a taxi on the way to my doctor with a very nasty chest infection! I want to lie out and enjoy the sun, not sit in a taxi gasping and wheezing! I think I'm going to throw my diet away for today and get a Chinese later. I need comfort food today! :pac:

i nearly passed out on Grafton Street today with the crowds and heat!
    And the sun is making me really nauseous :(

but on the plus side i got a dress for my birthday aaannnddd im going to the zoo on wednsday :D

Prometheus midnight screening on Thursday evening in my local cinema. Yussssssssssssss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I managed to develop bronchitis in the middle of summer, after quitting smoking. Only I could do that! On meds, more inhalers and bed rest for a week! I'm going to get a sun lounger out and make my bed in the sun!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    I managed to develop bronchitis in the middle of summer, after quitting smoking. Only I could do that! On meds, more inhalers and bed rest for a week! I'm going to get a sun lounger out and make my bed in the sun!

Jayas! Feel better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

feel better lynda

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement