Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Hope you feel better soon Lynda!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Hope you feel better soon Lynda.
    That_Guy wrote: »
    How does one manage to get a cold in the sweltering heat? I think you're bleedin' broken. :pac:

Shup you. :D
    It's horrible!
    No army men ejected me from the stadium on Saturday. Victory is mine!!!

You're lucky you weren't anywhere near my section in the stands then. :P
    It was ok, but you're not allowed drink in the stands, so a lotta people just stayed inside by the bar and watched it on the telly. Makes you wonder why they went....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I'll be fine! The weather is too nice to moan so I'm setting up camp in my back garden and have my sister staying over to wait on me hand and foot. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Shup you. :D
    It's horrible!

Actually I got a cold in France from the bloody air conditioning. Stupid air con.
    You're lucky you weren't anywhere near my section in the stands then. :P
    It was ok, but you're not allowed drink in the stands, so a lotta people just stayed inside by the bar and watched it on the telly. Makes you wonder why they went....

Myself and a mate were gonna go in for a pint at half time but the queue was mental. I don't get why you can't bring alcohol out. They're served in plastic cups FFS. You can bring bottles of minerals out though. Madness I tells ya.

Actually I got a cold in France from the bloody air conditioning. Stupid air con.

What were you doing inside, instead of laying out in the sun going lobster coloured like a normal Irish person? :pac:
    Myself and a mate were gonna go in for a pint at half time but the queue was mental. I don't get why you can't bring alcohol out. They're served in plastic cups FFS. You can bring bottles of minerals out though. Madness I tells ya.

In fairness a lot of the tickets to the game were free I think, so it wasn't like they were wasting their money.

You can bring drink in during IRFU games alright, but ye football fans canny be trusted. :pac:

And minerals yes - as long as the lids are off.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

What were you doing inside, instead of laying out in the sun going lobster coloured like a normal Irish person? :pac:

In fairness a lot of the tickets to the game were free I think, so it wasn't like they were wasting their money.

You can bring drink in during IRFU games alright, but ye football fans canny be trusted. :pac:

And minerals yes - as long as the lids are off.

Pretty much it. Back in the day, the class of person that used to go to rugby games used to higher, with less chance of violence. Nowadays, that rule is stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Sat outside for lunch today, and just noticed I got sunburnt on the back of my neck, whoops!

Think I'm getting a head cold....how??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Evening all, on a bus back to Galway after spending the day in a dark windowless room!I shall make up for it tomorrow by spending the day in the sun (and booking the food for the beers)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Have a good think about that awec- are you sure?
    You dis spend the weekend drinking the face off yourself :pac:

awec wrote: »
    Great, credit card details have been stolen.

"Hello, Mr awec this is credit card security. Did you attempt a transaction of £1000 at a gambling institution in the UK, book in to a Hotel or purchase items on google checkout recently?".

No chance. :mad:

My mother got her credit card Bill one day, 11k

load of flights booked on it. The only thing she uses it for is petrol!

Pretty much it. Back in the day, the class of person that used to go to rugby games used to higher, with less chance of violence. Nowadays, that rule is stupid.

It's the FAI itself that wanted that rule, not the stadium, so...*shrugs*
    I do feel bad for the people though, but sure what can you do? I'd be eaten alive if I let anyone into the bowl with alcohol. :P
    awec wrote: »
    Great, credit card details have been stolen.

"Hello, Mr awec this is credit card security. Did you attempt a transaction of £1000 at a gambling institution in the UK, book in to a Hotel or purchase items on google checkout recently?".

No chance. :mad:

Aww that sucks! *hugs*

It's the FAI itself that wanted that rule, not the stadium, so...*shrugs*
    I do feel bad for the people though, but sure what can you do? I'd be eaten alive if I let anyone into the bowl with alcohol. :P

Aww that sucks! *hugs*

Into the bowl?

Last Ireland Match i was at, Shane Ross and Micheal Martin were in the bar at our section. i hope they werent allowed bring their pints out...

Into the bowl?

Oh, staff speak, I forgot! The stands and the pitch = the bowl.
    Those corridor things that bring you into the seats are also called vomitories. :P
    Last Ireland Match i was at, Shane Ross and Micheal Martin were in the bar at our section. i hope they werent allowed bring their pints out...

No idea mate. If my supervisors saw me do that though t'would be off home with no pay for me! :D

Those corridor things that bring you into the seats are also called vomitories. :P

I always hated that in the O2 (sponsored point depot) - sounds too poncey!

I always hated that in the O2 (sponsored point depot) - sounds too poncey!

Does describe it pretty well though. :D

I like it there though, yer feet do get wrecked but generally it's a nice job and the people are grand (except for a wee bit of a language barrier with some foreign fans and the drunks. :pac: )

Does describe it pretty well though. :D

How? A place you vomit? Or a tree you vomit in?

How? A place you vomit? Or a tree you vomit in?

Nah, just the huge rush of folks in and out just before kickoff and at half time.

A lot like....well. :o :pac:

• Advertisement

just the huge rush of folks in and out just before kickoff and at half time.

A lot like....well.......

A Torie that gets sick?! :pac:

A Torie that gets sick?! :pac:

Yes, yes that's it exactly. :pac:

Oh no all the sick people :(
    I swear I feel like I'm being stabbed in the tummy. The fcuking pain. Grrrrr. But I'm not sick so it's all good :D

Why are we all sick in this lovely weather? I'm not used to being told to have bed rest, I'm so bored!

Sunbed rest perhaps Linda? :D

Just booked my hotel for sorrento.

So. Goddamn. Excited.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Have been to the new Landsdowne once...saw the Guards taking away some fella before the match had even started. It was a bit tense as it was before the match started and was out in the corridors, loads of people and you didn't know if he was going to start lashing out at people or what.

Liked the stadium anyway.

Sunbed rest perhaps Linda? :D

Just booked my hotel for sorrento.

So. Goddamn. Excited.

I was on a sun lounger for most of the day, but even that gets boring! When are you heading to Sorrento?

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    I was on a sun lounger for most of the day, but even that gets boring! When are you heading to Sorrento?

A good book and you'll be grand! I just started "under the dome" by Stephen king, sounds like it might be a good un!

Going to Italy a week from Friday, spending the weekend in Rome and then heading to sorrento \o/

Have been to the new Landsdowne once...saw the Guards taking away some fella before the match had even started. It was a bit tense as it was before the match started and was out in the corridors, loads of people and you didn't know if he was going to start lashing out at people or what.

Liked the stadium anyway.

Oh really? :eek:
    Yeah generally the Aviva is grand but there's always plenty of security hanging about the place anyway.
    A good book and you'll be grand! I just started "under the dome" by Stephen king, sounds like it might be a good un!

Definitely a good 'un, couldn't put it down. :)
    Going to Italy a week from Friday, spending the weekend in Rome and then heading to sorrento \o/

I'm not jealous, not jealous at aaaaall...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yep.

Is whoops singing 'just one sorrento, give it to me?'

I'll stop now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement