Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

Aw I'd love a cornetto now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

I think I has some in the fridge....

*wanders off interwebz to go check*

I think I has some in the fridge....

*wanders off interwebz to go check*

I'm not jealous, not jealous at aaaaall...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ye it's mad hot isn't it

I'm not jealous, not jealous at aaaaall...

Would it help if I said someone ate all my Cornettos (wishes painful death to them), but I did find some Ben and Jerrys?

Nyom nyom nyom...

ducks

• Advertisement

Ah yes, but what kiiiiiiind of Ben and jerrys?

I just was thinking there about my social life in the coming weeks, I'm finished work Friday and heading to Rosslare til Monday, then two days of doing as I damn well please, then a wedding on Thursday, then to Italy for 9 days, then home and back to work for five days before Galway for the weekend, then five more days in work and then another wedding, following weekend I'm supposed to go Liverpool, then the following weekend it's my birthday. Then I'll be old and won't be going out ever again.

Man I have a tough life :D

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    Jealous?

Is this a nice relaxing trip to Italy?

I'd love a nice relaxing sun holiday! Sangria by the poolside with a good book!

Bit of both, plenty of things to be seeing in Italy like but a bit of R&R will be had....unlike Ibiza in September :D

Ah sure cross that bridge when you come to it.

I no longer feel like someone is trying to rip out my insides. Progress!

• Advertisement

Ah yes, but what kiiiiiiind of Ben and jerrys?

Cookie Dough! I have also spied some Phish Food....how it's escaped me so far I don't know.

'Cept I don't have the hat. :P

Cookie Dough! I have also spied some Phish Food....how it's escaped me so far I don't know. :P

Phish food is good.

Vermontster is the yummiest ever though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Morning all!

Been doing an awful lot of lurking lately, feel a little out of the loop, will try and post a bit more frequently again. Raging I'll be missing the Galway beers :mad:

Since it's been a while since I've posted, I'll keep the update brief: I've left Ireland. Moved to Belgium to be with my girl and to work, got a little tired of the constant negative vibe at home and needed a break for a while. It's a huge change but it's one I needed to make for my own sanity. It's exciting/scary but dammit it's not living if you don't take chances.

That's all the news I have really. So what have I missed in here then?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Morning all!
    Morning all!

Been doing an awful lot of lurking lately, feel a little out of the loop, will try and post a bit more frequently again. Raging I'll be missing the Galway beers :mad:

Since it's been a while since I've posted, I'll keep the update brief: I've left Ireland. Moved to Belgium to be with my girl and to work, got a little tired of the constant negative vibe at home and needed a break for a while. It's a huge change but it's one I needed to make for my own sanity. It's exciting/scary but dammit it's not living if you don't take chances.

That's all the news I have really. So what have I missed in here then?

Wow HB, fair play to you. I hope everything works out for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Daisies wrote: »
    Morning all!

Wow HB, fair play to you. I hope everything works out for you!

Thanks Daisies, happy enough here so far! Think the good weather helps, though there's few places better than the Spanish Arch on a sunny day, I'll miss that. How're things progressing with your job hunt?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Things are good. Just evaluating what I want to do. Changes a foot that are scaring me, exciting me etc etc:o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Morning all 0/ Hope all the sicked people feel better soon!

Kudos on the big move, HB! That's great. Really hope it works out for you and Ms, HB :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Morning all!

I was up half the night with ridiculous stomach pains!

hope they are gone by later on otherwise ill be stocking up on more painkillers :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Jason Fly

good morning, people!

this is definitely Ireland again, same auld grey clouds...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Morning everyone.....

It's been a while so..... :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Afternoon all.. sitting here in Milan getting completely freaked out by all these aftershocks (no not the drink)!!!! They are hardly noticeable but its still freaking me out..

Think I'm hyper sensitive to any sort of ground movment :(

On a slightly better note, its 32 degrees here at the mo and not a cloud in the sky :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

awec wrote: »
    Morning all!

Where has the sun gone?

Aye, back to reality eh? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

Aye, back to reality eh? :rolleyes:

*peers furtively out through blinds* There was sun? :pac:...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Mark the sun stopped as soon as you got off work......I'm blaming you!!

Afternoon everyone (else) - how are we all?

Tell me this - who here are the uber techies? I'm looking for a new laptop so would like some advice abd someone to point me in the right direction!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Tell me this - who here are the uber techies? I'm looking for a new laptop so would like some advice abd someone to point me in the right direction!

What's your budget mate and what exactly will you be using it for? Day to day use or something specific?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I am about to do a course which encompasses all of the following:
    • Action Script 2.0
    • AJAX
    • CGI/Perl
    • CIW Foundations 1D0-510
    • CIW Security 1D0-470
    • Dreamweaver CS4
    • Dynamic HTML
    • Flash CS4 Series
    • GUI Design Series
    • HTML 5
    • Internet Marketing
    • Java SE 6 Programmer
    • Java Web Services
    • JavaScript
    • Photoshop CS4
    • PHP and MySQL
    • Running an online business
    • Web Design & Graphics
    • Web Publishing and Design with HTML 4.01 and XHTML
    • Web Sphere 7.0 with Rational Application Developer
    • XML

So I need something suitable for this but at the moment it is as if I am looking at a brick wall!

I don't have a strict budget Per se - but I dson't wanna go mad! (Great help that I know :pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I bought my laptop due to the colour (neon pink and white) and size (10') rather than actually checking the specs of it, so I can be of no help Grames! :(

Evening, all! I'm finally feeling a little better. The anti-biotics and inhalers they put me on for the bronchitis are working. :) Still not breathing very well but better than yesterday, and the awful headache isn't quite as awful. Yay! :)

Also, 7 days without a smoke. SO happy with that! Didn't think I'd manage to last this long. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

LyndaMcL wrote: »

Also, 7 days without a smoke. SO happy with that! Didn't think I'd manage to last this long. :)

Good on ya!! YAY!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

I am about to do a course which encompasses all of the following:
    • Action Script 2.0
    • AJAX
    • CGI/Perl
    • CIW Foundations 1D0-510
    • CIW Security 1D0-470
    • Dreamweaver CS4
    • Dynamic HTML
    • Flash CS4 Series
    • GUI Design Series
    • HTML 5
    • Internet Marketing
    • Java SE 6 Programmer
    • Java Web Services
    • JavaScript
    • Photoshop CS4
    • PHP and MySQL
    • Running an online business
    • Web Design & Graphics
    • Web Publishing and Design with HTML 4.01 and XHTML
    • Web Sphere 7.0 with Rational Application Developer
    • XML

So I need something suitable for this but at the moment it is as if I am looking at a brick wall!

I don't have a strict budget Per se - but I dson't wanna go mad! (Great help that I know :pac:)
    Ok well looking at the stuff you'll be doing, the answer is ram and more of it. Photoshop is ram hungry and with some of the others, you're going to want to run your own web server, so lots of ram will be required, with the graphics you're also going to want to have dedicated video ram and a large hard drive

I'm not up there on the various laptops, but basically you'll want lots of ram and a big screen (17 inch). I'd also recommend a business line laptop, like the HP elite book the build quality tends to be better

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement