Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Supposed to be, but feeling a lot better. :) Plus, can't stand staying in bed or on a couch all week!

well if you keep getting chest infections don't be going walking in the rain if you're not supposed to?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Supposed to be, but feeling a lot better. :) Plus, can't stand staying in bed or on a couch all week!
    While you feel better, you body may not agree. I have been bed bound and it's as boring a fook but if you don't take the medical advice then you will possibly relapse and be stuck in bed for much longer...

As BW said, walking in the rain won't help with chest infections, even if it's warm outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

It's ok, it didn't rain thankfully. I feel chastised enough not to do it again though. You guys are like a second mother! :)

It's ok, it didn't rain thankfully. I feel chastised enough not to do it again though. You guys are like a second mother! :)

I'm told I'm great at guilt tripping...
    *practises "I'm not angry, just disappointed" look*
    :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I just had veggie curry and it was savage :D

Lynda you just need to be careful, I have gone against medical advice and it ends badly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Went to see Moonrise Kingdom today and loved it! Hadn't heard about it at all. Then had cans in the pav.

Gonna chill for the evening. Having Irish stew.

Get my results tomorrow. *prepares for trouble* :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Attention laydeez and gents of tGC! Roll up, roll up to Cassidys tonight to see the spectacle of true stupidity - a girl who has managed to dye her own hands purple.

Oh yes my dears, today will go down in history as the day KamiKazeKitten managed to dye her own hands purple. Like a Ribena grape so they are. And not completely by accident either.

So after the initial shock and panic and roars of laughter from so called "mates", what did I do?
    Water - nope, not budging.
    Soap and water - not happening!
    Soap, water, a potscrubber and anything else I could throw at it - not today lady.

So short of tearing at my own purply skin, I am going to embrace it. Instead of sitting in tonight up to my elbows in nail varnish remover, I will treat it like a fashion accessory, as it were. It always was my favourite colour after all. And this is almost like an accessory! A scarf, a hat - perhaps a wee biteen more permanent but I shall be rockin' the look tonight! Don't you know all the top supermodels are doing it too?

So if y'all wanna come and laugh at me tonight, you know where to find me. And I repeat everyone - this is for a limited time only! For tomorrow, I shall be back ripping at my own skin.....but it's Grames birthday, shure why not give him a daycent laugh?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

stuck in an airport, plane not working.. no one know anything so I thought I'd pop on here and say hello while I wait.. anyone wanna entertain me? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    stuck in an airport, plane not working.. no one know anything so I thought I'd pop on here and say hello while I wait.. anyone wanna entertain me? :D

Singing and dancing.....
    Poor you TP :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

awec wrote: »
    I got slick red pedals on my bike tonight! :D

Pics please :D

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

ToxicPaddy wrote: »

gime your twitter so i can message you "have fun blowing up the plane!":pac:

These are the pedals, will post a full pic of the bike later:

Look_Keo_Classic_4e4d4ca145cb8.jpg

They look like a Lego man's feet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

These are the pedals, will post a full pic of the bike later:

Look_Keo_Classic_4e4d4ca145cb8.jpg

They look like a Lego man's feet :D
    That's what they remind me of! I knew they looked familiar :pac:

I have M&S cookies and tea \0/

Hermione* wrote: »

my friend raves at me about m&s cookies, I have yet to try these mysterious supposedly tasty cookies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Oh yeah? Well I have....er....a bowl of vinegar.... :pac:
    bluewolf wrote: »
    my friend raves at me about m&s cookies, I have yet to try these mysterious supposedly tasty cookies...

They are unreal, so good!

Your friend has much wisdom! They're amazing: my ultimate "I've had a bad day" treat :pac:
    Oh yeah? Well I have....er....a bowl of vinegar.... :pac:
    Clearly, you win! :pac:

ah, did you have a bad day?

ah, did you have a bad day?
    It was just really long. And I got a tension headache in the afternoon. But tea and chocolate are consoling. That, and Pride and Prejudice :D

• Advertisement

It was just really long. And I got a tension headache in the afternoon. But tea and chocolate are consoling. That, and Pride and Prejudice :D

book, proper movie, or kiera giant chin movie?

http://bnelson.ca/blog/wp-content/gallery/misc_pictures/fry_suspicious.jpg

well, day after tomorrow is friday! then bank hol weekend! does that help :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

When I was in primary school I ended up with red pen all over my hands because I slept with a red pen - not in that way! Methylated spirits might take it off, Kitten.

Re cookies, always good to come on here and hear chocolate discussion...free therapy eating chocolate and hearing others talk about it. Ergo, less guilt. :pac:

book, proper movie, or kiera giant chin movie?

http://bnelson.ca/blog/wp-content/gallery/misc_pictures/fry_suspicious.jpg

well, day after tomorrow is friday! then bank hol weekend! does that help :D
    It does help, thanks. Lots! :D
    Keira giant chin version, sadly. But it redeems itself by having Judi Dench!

Oh, I didn't know it had judi dench.
    I might overcome my hatred of keira and watch it sometime

I bet the mr darcy is never as dashing as colin was though :cool:

He's not. Not even close. I don't think anything can beat Mr. Firth in his white shirt. Om nom nom.

It also has Highclere Castle, better known as Downton Abbey, and really beautiful cinematography. It's worth trying again.
    I like the Darcy, but he's very different. He's a younger, slightly less assured Darcy.

It also has Highclere Castle, better known as Downton Abbey, and really beautiful cinematography. It's worth trying again.
    I like the Darcy, but he's very different. He's a younger, slightly less assured Darcy.

The Darcy was cute, but he wasn't cocky and arrogant enough. That was the appeal with Colin Firth's Darcy (IMO) - he was a complete and utter @rse and basically unattainable. :pac: Women really do love a bad boy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I don't think I've seen any Keira Knightley film in full. By the sounds of it, I'm not missing out...

I don't think I've seen any Keira Knightley film in full. By the sounds of it, I'm not missing out...

i watched that stupid duchess movie
    and she was in love actually, that was great though
    bend it like beckham was great except for her
    oh and i saw atonement :confused:

• Advertisement

She's actually a decent actress. She just tends to play her roles all the same way. Like Hugh Grant, she might have different characters, but she plays them all in a similar way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement