Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!
    My big sis always says that! Bless her, she's barely five foot tall!

Well-deserved shopping spree, Pem! Nothing beats buying new clothes in a skinnier size! Well done, you :D \0/

Evening, all. Over all my running injuries. I can start training for my next half marathon \0/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Half marathon? Any recommendations on where to start with that? :) I can manage 10k or an hour at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Whoopsy it's lovely :)

BW I was more reassuring myself :o I'm super happy with my purchases and I got lots of coral :D

I'm still a size 12 on the bottom but top is 10 :)

I used to be like you Kev and buy bits all regularly but I'm so rarely in the city that I rarely shop but I love shopping at home :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Pembily wrote: »
    Awec I got four pairs of trousers, two tops, a blazer, two bikinis, a dress, two cardigan and a skirt. You would only get a cardigan and jeans :p

Oh what kinda dress Whoopsy?

BW It's been ages since I've spent money on clothes and as I'm fitting into size 10 again I'm happy to buy clothes.

Woohoo size 10! Can't wait to see the purchases.

Half marathon? Any recommendations on where to start with that? :) I can manage 10k or an hour at the moment.
    I used Hal Higdon to train. I was running about 5/6k a couple of times a week at the start of the year. I started training properly in February, I think, and I used the half marathon training plan to build up the mileage. I found it really good: would definitely recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Cool Story Bro

Does anyone else want to drink cloudwater? Directly from a cloud? I sure do

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i read "the forever war" this afternoon, amazing stuff! and peter hamilton wrote an endorsement for it, i love him :D:D:D

pemb i'm glad to hear you're happy with them and it sounds very well deserved! a friend and i said we'd treat ourselves when we lost some weight... i'm not in a mad rush though :o
    walking to german class 3 times a week will help soon anyway sure

you runners and cyclists!!
    i feel lazy now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

bluewolf wrote: »
    i read "the forever war" this afternoon, amazing stuff!

That is a such a badass story! (The forever war is good too :p) I'll never get around to reading the sequel. :o

18AD wrote: »
    That is a such a badass story! (The forever war is good too :p) I'll never get around to reading the sequel. :o

i didn't know it had a sequel...
    it may be time soon to splash out on bookdepository again :p
    i already have a wishlist though i think!!

i didn't know it had a sequel...
    it may be time soon to splash out on bookdepository again :p
    i already have a wishlist though i think!!

Any excuse to buy more books!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Hermione* wrote: »
    I used Hal Higdon to train. I was running about 5/6k a couple of times a week at the start of the year. I started training properly in February, I think, and I used the half marathon training plan to build up the mileage. I found it really good: would definitely recommend it.

Thanks, will check it out. Not sure I'll have the time to do it in 12 weeks. 8 euro seems a bit mad for an app...

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

I think I've said this before, but there seems to be a remarkable high proportion of tGC posters that are very physically active, with your running and cycling and half marathons.

With a beers coming up, ye're good motivation to keep up the gym sessions!

I finished the last James Patterson Alex Cross book today. Pap.

Time to get to start something better, non-fiction, I think.

18AD wrote: »
    Subtle gift idea suggestions? :pac:

*Amazon basket gets heavier* :o

nooo i want them now :eek: my "wishlist" has also grown! :D

i think i will get http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Shadow-Wind-Carlos-Ruiz-Zafon/9780753820254 also

okay okay that's enough books now... *hovers over 'order'*

*hovers over 'order'*

Do it!

or

[psychotic babysitter from the simpsons voice]Put it down, BW. Put it down.

ordered!
    4 books only this time
    they're a bit more expensive than the last lot

*bounces impatiently*

one of them is supposed to be 900 pages
    that might actually keep me going longer than a few hours! :eek: :pac:

Thanks, will check it out. Not sure I'll have the time to do it in 12 weeks. 8 euro seems a bit mad for an app...
    Sorry, I should have specified. I downloaded the training plan for free from the website and saved it in an Excel spreadsheet. I never bothered looking for the app, as I find the mapmyrun app very good, and it's free.
    It's totally doable in 12 weeks, if you want to. The biggest difficulty I found is scheduling the long runs at the weekend.

Oooh, you're tempting me to buy books, BW. But I can't. I really can't. An Post have a delivery waiting for me to collect after the weekend :rolleyes:

an post got used to seeing my face a few times a few weeks ago :D

it'll be interesting to continue exploring general fiction instead of holing myself up in scifi&fantasy for so long... other than the classics of course

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I spent €280 on clothes in the last week :eek:

I hope you don't faint but that's how much I would spend on clothes in the space of a few years.

On the other hand, I've easily spent that much in running gear since Christmas! :cool:

Oh jesus, don't start on the running/cycling gear. :p

Do you know what's great?
    Being drunk is great!

Oh jesus, don't start on the running/cycling gear. :p
    Please don't. I try not to think about how much I have spent on running :cool:
    Do you know what's great?
    Being drunk is great!
    It really is! Huzzah \0/

sleep is also great :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

G-Money wrote: »
    I spent €280 on clothes in the last week :eek:

I hope you don't faint but that's how much I would spend on clothes in the space of a few years.

On the other hand, I've easily spent that much in running gear since Christmas! :cool:
    Nope, not at all. Each to their own. I like spending money on clothes :) My thinking is that if I look good I'll feel good.

I want to go out and drink now :(

Nope, not at all. Each to their own. I like spending money on clothes :) My thinking is that if I look good I'll feel good.

I want to go out and drink now :(

Aye I guess so.

I'm getting fierce sleepy, I think this little boy will be heading to the land of nod soon.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Evening all.. at a family wedding, drink is flowing a bit too easily but I'm surprisingly sober which is a bit worrying :eek:

I agreed with you Pem, if you look good you always feel good and it gives you a little confidence boost every time someone gives you a compliment on how you look

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Evening all.. at a family wedding, drink is flowing a bit too easily but I'm surprisingly sober which is a bit worrying :eek:

Ah I wouldn't worry too much. You've about another hour or so of music, and maybe up to two more hours of drinking. You'll get there yet. :)

• Advertisement

So much for a lie in. The fire alarm went off at 7.20am and I jumped out of bed. They said it's a problem with the system, seems to be affected the entire block.

Thankfully it stopped ringing after a few seconds but it really gives you a shock. No chance of getting back to sleep now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement