Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

awec wrote: »
    Sunburnt with factor 50 on?

Yikes! :(

You just not good with the sun or is it stupid hot over there?

Sun factor wears off after a few hours. You need to re-apply it.

Ugh, I stayed at home because I thought someone was coming over, but turns out they are not, so I just wasted the morning hanging around the place. :mad: Off to the library now.

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Holy crap awec :eek:

Ah now I only got a wee bit red on my shoulder. Think I just missed it when I was reapplying. I'm very particular about sun burn. Last year my friend was diagnosed with very aggressive skin cancer, she got the results of her final scan on Tuesday and it was clear. I was always quite good when it came to the sun but since she got cancer I have been so very very anal about covering up.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

TG you were awful chirpy! Not up quite as late last night were you not? :p

Oh I was up... and awake til all hours..... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Afternoon all..

Hows everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Afternoon all..

Hows everyone?

im tired and my analysis isn't working out

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Afternoon all..

Hows everyone?

Shattered. Though I've some new mixes I'll be trying out before the Ireland game this evening. Hopefully loud music will give me a second wind. :)

Bit of UB40 - Can't help falling in love mixed with MC Hammer with a side of Aqua - Barbie Girl thrown in? And a backing of Dave Pearce's Now I'm Free gladiator remix?

This is epic.... Makes Rihanna bearable... slightly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I got a job interview for tomorrow after applying for the job this morning!

Its only seasonal work for the sales but still its an interview at least!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Wow, that was fast! Good luck with the interview Pixie-Fairy! :)

swapple wrote: »
    Wow, that was fast! Good luck with the interview Pixie-Fairy! :)

I wasn't expecting them to get back to me so quickly!

i dont really have hopes of getting it since im terrible at interviews :o

But its nice i have the chance to get an interview! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Good luck with that, although I'm sure you won't need it :)

G-Money wrote: »
    Good luck with that, although I'm sure you won't need it :)

i will....you dont understand how brutal i am with interviews hahaha

i will....you dont understand how brutal i am with interviews hahaha

You'll be grand. Just read over your CV and brush up on whatever you think they might ask you about. I know that last part can be tough. I work in IT and have done quite a few technical interviews in the past and it's a complete crap shoot as to what I should prepare beforehand, they could ask me anything. So I know the frustration from that point of view.

But defo go over your CV and know what you did and where, nothing worse than having that "Did I really write that down on my CV? I wonder what that means?" feeling :)

Also be prepared for the "why did you leave your last job/why are you looking to leave your current job?" question as well as the "why would you be a good fit here/what appeals to you about this job?" Like most people, you may have to completely lie and come up with some waffle about "wanting another challenge" blah blah, but these are the games you have to play :)

I'd also recommend having some sort of answer about times you improved some process/the way things were done or something like that. Or even better, how you pre-empted a problem. Companies love that stuff, even though it's incredibly irritating if you haven't done loads of it :)

One other wee tip. I remember years ago for my first job interview with a company, I had read a review of their software before the interview. In fairness it didn't give me a whole lot of info about them or anything but it showed I had put some effort in and to this day I'm still convinced it earned me quite a few brownie points with the interviewers. Especially as the magazine had recommended the software too :) I also got the job.

I applied online and had to answer loads of questions and fill out stuff!
    She asked me to bring in some passport photos, i dont know if that is a good thing or not?

Thanks for the advice G-Money, i really need it!! :)

It's really hammering down with rain out there. Don't know why but I've the strangest urge to go for a run. However I think the fact that I just had my dinner will put the brakes on that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I'm after joggng 20k. Have NEVER gone that far before.
    In a world of pain now...

• Advertisement

Wow. That's some going!

Is it not raining out there?

It's spilling down! For some reason rain doesn't bother me all that much. Its hard to actually leave the house but once youre already wet and miserable it's all good :p

Sauve wrote: »
    I'm after joggng 20k. Have NEVER gone that far before.
    In a world of pain now...

:eek: Well done! You training for a marathon??

Larianne wrote: »

:eek: Well done! You training for a marathon??

Nah, not this year, maybe next! I do want to do one though...

Awec- when running it takes about 2 mins to get so warm that the rain is actually welcome! I'd be much colder cycling in the rain cos your upper body doesn't move at all...

Running bores the mammary glands clean off me. It's like all I'm doing is moving and thinking how fecked I am. :pac:

Haha- yeah it can do that some days alright! Tunes and plenty of them are very necessary!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I see.

Running bores the mammary glands clean off me. It's like all I'm doing is moving and thinking how fecked I am. :pac:
    That's part of what I like. about it! I find it mentally very challenging. Such a huge rush when you complete that challenge! :D
    There's no music in cycling. I would hate that! :eek:

I has tipsy. Man, I love wine :pac: :D

Oh yeah, forgot to mention - so I got a 2.1 in my exams. :D I am totally delighted and shocked as I thought I was going to have to defer them. (also didn't even realise the results were out today. Found out on Facebook.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Larianne wrote: »
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention - so I got a 2.1 in my exams. :D I am totally delighted and shocked as I thought I was going to have to defer them. (also didn't even realise the results were out today. Found out on Facebook.)

Well done Lar! That's great!

Same happened me last year, except for the good results part. :pac:
    One of the lads from college rang to ask how I got on, and I hadn't a clue what he was talking about. :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement