Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i should go back and donate again even if i did faint last time in november

i used to love picking chun li in street fighter
    and her equivalent in ... what was it
    tekken?
    xiaoyu?

sorry i didnt see the pecan yoke with that giant pic in the way
    not bad but i think i might go for something like this
    http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/maltesers-cheesecake-3269
    but with baileys in the top
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Chun Li

Thank you kindly for the welcome and yes, yes I look exactly like her :D.

I'll just brush up my comb-over and pat my fat 47 year old manly belly as I type.

Yeh she was my SF2 hero too on the SNES, spinning bird kick to kill...I'm already showing my age :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

Afternoon G n'R.. Pottering about until work at 6, it's looking like a week of lying in for me :D Had a long walk down by the strand then up through Sandymount and home.. What a day!

Congrats on the job Pix, those passport pics were a good omen after all :pac:

Welcome Chun Li :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

bluewolf wrote: »

By any chance did this happen to you at the bottom of the stairs just near the front door? I was donating around that time and remember I had to go and get a nurse for someone that happened to

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I'm irritated. :mad: I was supposed to have a meeting with my HR manager from the job I just quit, after waiting 35 working days for her to finally respond to my complaint (which was a serious complaint). She finally arranges a meeting for tomorrow, I confirm by email, she confirms receipt of email, then emails again this evening to cancel because 'something came up.' Ffs, I want to get this over and done with. :( :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    I'm irritated. :mad: I was supposed to have a meeting with my HR manager from the job I just quit, after waiting 35 working days for her to finally respond to my complaint (which was a serious complaint). She finally arranges a meeting for tomorrow, I confirm by email, she confirms receipt of email, then emails again this evening to cancel because 'something came up.' Ffs, I want to get this over and done with. :( :mad:

Call her. Speak to her on the phone. Its too easy to fob you off on email.

I had a great day today in work. :) Brilliant banter! I hope it continues.

Larianne wrote: »
    Call her. Speak to her on the phone. Its too easy to fob you off on email.

I had a great day today in work. :) Brilliant banter! I hope it continues.

I was going to, as she gave me her mobile number, but I want all correspondence in writing in case I have to go further with the situation. Oh well. Hopefully she'll re-arrange for later in the week. I won't be waiting much longer before forgetting about her and going higher.

I'm glad you had such a good day in work! That's awesome. :)

By any chance did this happen to you at the bottom of the stairs just near the front door? I was donating around that time and remember I had to go and get a nurse for someone that happened to

nope thankfully
    was sitting on the recovery bed going "this is lame what's the point of making me sit here.... woooo *fall over* "

cello over for the summer now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

bluewolf wrote: »

Fainters 9 times out of 10 are the "ah I'm grand" people, they don't rest/eat for long enough after, almost happened to me once for that exact reason!

• Advertisement

I was going to, as she gave me her mobile number, but I want all correspondence in writing in case I have to go further with the situation. Oh well. Hopefully she'll re-arrange for later in the week. I won't be waiting much longer before forgetting about her and going higher.

I'm glad you had such a good day in work! That's awesome. :)

Ah, but at this stage she's just fobbing you off! I'd be going mental! :cool:

Thanks. I got to see some interesting patients today. Plus, I had some banter. :D

Larianne wrote: »
    Ah, but at this stage she's just fobbing you off! I'd be going mental! :cool:

Thanks. I got to see some interesting patients today. Plus, I had some banter. :D

Yeah, I emailed her back to say that I'm available every day this week (I'm not, but will cancel any plans just to get this over with) and she responded saying 'I will endeavour to contact you some other time.' Off to the Labour Courts I go. :pac:

Patients? What do you do? :)

Yeah, I emailed her back to say that I'm available every day this week (I'm not, but will cancel any plans just to get this over with) and she responded saying 'I will endeavour to contact you some other time.' Off to the Labour Courts I go. :pac:

Patients? What do you do? :)

What? That's ridiculous. Feck that.

Erm, Healthcare stuff. I'm on placement at the moment. In the UK. It's great altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Hi Chun Li - how are ya? and welcome to the wonderful world of tGC!! :D

Btw you could in fact be a 47 year old balding fat man - but every time I talk to you - in my mind you look EXACTLY like this:

235px-Chun-Li_tatsunoko.png

Just so you know!!

Hi Chun_Li, I'm a big fan! :D But um, do I have to change my avatar now? :p
    Also as promised - here is a portion of my desk in work - think my message is getting across? :pac:

538646_10151196496968238_713398520_n.jpg

You'll be happy to know that I got my first set of give blood stickers in the post today!

swapple wrote: »
    You'll be happy to know that I got my first set of give blood stickers in the post today!

Haz-aah!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Have a one on one meeting with my manager first thing in the morning. It's like a half yearly meeting to discuss career direction and goals n' stuff, still nervous though! :pac:

Hopefully donate some blood on Friday! Anyone who's done it before, care to tell me how it feels? :D Wouldn't be a big needle fan.... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

GrumPy wrote: »
    Have a one on one meeting with my manager first thing in the morning. It's like a half yearly meeting to discuss career direction and goals n' stuff, still nervous though! :pac:

Don't forget to compliment his/her tie/blouse/hair plugs :p

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Hopefully donate some blood on Friday! Anyone who's done it before, care to tell me how it feels? :D Wouldn't be a big needle fan.... :o

Due to do my 21st donation next month. Its grand. just make sure to lie down for a few mins after. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Due to do my 21st donation next month. Its grand. just make sure to lie down for a few mins after. :)

Whoa. Well done you.
    Definitely going to donate at the next available opportunity.

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

I'd love to donate blood but I have a severe fear of wrists, mainly the underside of them and the veins you can see (it's real and it's called carpophobia!), and when I get blood tests done my doc has to lie me face down on the examining table and wrap my wrist up in bandages so I don't have a panic attack about them being exposed while she's taking blood!

I don't think I'd do well giving blood :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

In just five hours time I'll be off work for the next eleven days, whoop!
    Limerick will be visited, boards beers will be had, and Ibiza will be visited.
    Im a biteen excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I'm sicker :(

Panthro I'm ignoring you!

Pembily wrote: »

Phwhat?! Why ya ignoring me?!
    Ohh...freedom is mine for the next eleven days, yayyyy!

Panthro wrote: »

That and I'm just back from my holidays and I'm sick :(

Ohh right!...am...well you've a beers to look forward to this weekend right?!
    See! There's a reason to say whoop!

Ohh right!...am...well you've a beers to look forward to this weekend right?!
    See! There's a reason to say whoop!
    Not if I'm coughing, snuffling and sneezing :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Hello Land of Employment!!! :D

its one day a week but better than nothing!!

There is a God after all!! :D

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Not if I'm coughing, snuffling and sneezing :p
    You can keep me company in the sicked and sniffley corner!

Morning all 0/

• Advertisement

I've donated 25 times at this stage - the first time you do it - it's a strange experience (especially if the nurse does what she did on me and actually placed the warm bag of blood on my arm - was all tingelly) - but as Agent Smith says it's not that bad at all (infact the iron test they do on you first hurt me more - pin prick on the top of your finger) just make sure you are hydrated, have had a decentr feed before hand, and relax for a while after, sit/lie down, get some fluids and enjoy your free sandwich! - It's worth every second you spend in there!

Morning all! How are we today?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement