Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Wowsers, the thread has gone past 9,000 posts! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Evening all!

Why can't you still go to Galway Lynda?

Hermi we chat too much :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Nom nom homemade rhubarb tart nommers!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Daisies wrote: »

Ouuuu rhubarb... Now there's a thought...

Can I have some please?? It's got medicinal purposes :D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Pembily wrote: »
    Can I have some please?? It's got medicinal purposes :D
    No probs, you just gotta collect it in the schticks!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

wotsits! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Last thing I'll say on "the matter" - Lynda don't let some messiness ruin your weekend, you don't want to lose money already spent on accommodation/transport!

Wooo Gaaaaalway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Still feeling a bit bleurgh here, this bloody big glass of vitamin C better help!

• Advertisement

G-Money wrote: »
    Still feeling a bit bleurgh here, this bloody big glass of vitamin C better help!

Thanks for reminding me to drink it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I got my final year college results today!

Im obviously repeating the exam i missed but on the plus side i know that particular exam like the back of my hand and i only need 4% in it to get a 2.1

:D:D

also my moderator gave my 65% in my thesis...that is the highest she has ever given for a thesis before :eek: :D

Also evening all!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

My manager meeting went well. :) He had 35 people to get through and I was the first one. Poor guy, I was super prepared and had loads of feedback to give him. :D

Booking transport in th UK is a pain in the ass!!

Well done Pixie-Fairy and Grumpy! :D

awec wrote: »
    Ye wa? Transport in the UK is way better than here.

Its bloody expensive!! And trying to get a cheap deal is proving difficult. Head is wrecked. I had to get my friend to book one train for me yesterday. Getting my cousin to book another train today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Larianne wrote: »
    Booking transport in th UK is a pain in the ass!!

Well done Pixie-Fairy and Grumpy! :D

Thanks my dear!! :)

Also you think the uk is bad?? Try French rail travel its awful!

I had a carte 12-25 when i lived there that gave you 25 to 50% off
    it was still expensive! :eek:

and when you booked your tickets you got a seat which is fair enough but if you missed the train you were fcuked coz i dont think you could get a refund :(

well im not too sure my french wasnt perfect and i was shy speaking :P

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

one of the lads at work wanted to get a train either from one italian city or spanish city to another

worked out something insane like 400 return :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

bluewolf wrote: »
    one of the lads at work wanted to get a train either from one italian city or spanish city to another

worked out something insane like 400 return :confused::confused:

Begob and what's wrong with his two legs and all????? But wow that's unreal... I think a great deal of irishrail, they do a smashing job of getting me down to see the da in cork and back at a grand price online :) plus they hardly ever go looking for upgrade money if you plonk yer bum down in 1st class..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Evening all!

Why can't you still go to Galway Lynda?

Hermi we chat too much :pac:

I went on a wee rant about it earlier because I was fuming. :pac: Basically my manager is refusing to give me my holiday pay, and is tonight (after I went to speak to him) saying that I never handed in my resignation, despite my HR manager having emailed me to say that said manager sent her a copy of my resignation. Was supposed to get paid all my holiday pay tomorrow, but it's not happening. Boo-urns. I'm gonna organise a beers soon. I'm devastated. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Hellooo if anyone's here. :)
    LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Course they can be sent a PM. Just go to one of their profiles and do it. :)
    Well 2 Mods maybe more, deffo don't have Contact Info Tabs on my lappie when I go into their profile anyway. Actually Dr. Galen has a cute lil Profile Pic. :) Can't remember what I wanted them for anyway, it mattered at the time but meh it doesn't even matter anymore now anyway.

Congrats to newly-employed un-employee(s.) Grames that looks 1 frickin' gigantic desk you got there if that pic is only some of the desk!! Are you the C.E.O. or summat??!! Congrats to all who gave blood. Have never done so myself but have had my fill of blood-tests over last while due to feeling poorly, would be well-used to getting me arm jabbed by now in the Doctor's Surgery, but one time that they did take bloods inside in the hospital it was as if they were doin' an operation on me the way they were mosying about to get a bit of blood! It was horrendous whatever they were at*. The battered bruised arm on me goin' outta the Hospital was amusing! Peeps were wondering was I going the wrong way going out the Exit-door! Forgot to take photo of it too. Can I've a sticky-plaster for that like I get in the Doctor's Office please?! Er um sorry I'm afraid we don't have sticking plasters to cover half yer arm. :D

Lynda I live in Galway I don't know might be able to help you in some way if you have trouble getting here. Just said I'd mention that.

I iz going making some Yummy Toasted Sambos. I loves them. :) Anyone want some? Or me haz some LooptheLoops and Monster Munch too if ye want those?! Giz a holler.

Eeeehhhhuuuuuggggghhhh it's pissing rain :(:(

I just realised it's mud summers day :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Was supposed to get paid all my holiday pay tomorrow, but it's not happening. Boo-urns. I'm gonna organise a beers soon. I'm devastated. :(

Like I said to you before:
    Don't let some messiness ruin your weekend, you don't want to lose money already spent on accommodation/transport!

Grames that looks 1 frickin' gigantic desk you got there if that pic is only some of the desk!! Are you the C.E.O. or summat??!!

HA! yeah we have massive desks in here for some reason - I also have teddy elvis and transforming postman pat:

263971_10150352163583238_1494188_n.jpg
    The battered bruised arm on me goin' outta the Hospital was amusing! Peeps were wondering was I going the wrong way going out the Exit-door! Forgot to take photo of it too.

I rememeber being really tired after donating platelets once - hopped on the luas outside of st james' - sat down slumped into my chair with a plaster on the crook of my left arm - no one sat beside me......fairly funny! :pac:
    I iz going making some Yummy Toasted Sambos. I loves them. :) Anyone want some? Or me haz some LooptheLoops and Monster Munch too if ye want those?! Giz a holler.

WANT WANT WANT!! please tell me you are coming to the beers?

Longest day of the year - extra time for more rain! :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

awec wrote: »
    Ye wa? Transport in the UK is way better than here.

I was reading something some tourism guide thingy recently and it described Dublin's transport system as 'excellent'. Thought that was quite funny. :pac:

Freudian slip :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Self service breakfast in hotels are just amazeballs, I'm feeling like a beached whale right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

I'm trying to get work done but Youtube keeps stopping to buffer and I can't concentrate without music :(

#FirstWorldProblem

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i'm actually falling asleep here :(

• Advertisement

Someone come drag me out of bed and dress me in my running gear please!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement