Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

o/ HB
    I got fed so I'm all good again. How's yourself?
    Apart from the teeth of course. Been there, it's not pleasant. And I'm no wiser for it either.
    PaulieC wrote: »
    Morning all.....I started drinking red wine last night.....I like it :)

When you planning on stopping? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Why are they called "wisdom teeth" when there's nothing even the slightest bit wise about them? F*cking thing feels like it's burrowing into my jaw.

How's everyone today? Hope ye're keeping well.

They come much later in life usually in your twenties thus you are wiser (well should be) than you were when the rest of your permanent teeth were breaking through when you were a young 'un.

I had all 4 out when I was 16. Spent a week in bed eating noting but Jelly and painkillers, great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Why are they called "wisdom teeth" when there's nothing even the slightest bit wise about them? F*cking thing feels like it's burrowing into my jaw.

My wisdom teeth grew forwards instead of upwards so that shows how wise I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Sauve wrote: »
    o/ HB
    I got fed so I'm all good again. How's yourself?
    Apart from the teeth of course. Been there, it's not pleasant. And I'm no wiser for it either.

o/ Howya!
    Doing grand apart from the tooth issue, finally got a job sorted over here. Nothing spectacular but it's money! Any craic with yourself apart from being fed?
    They come much later in life usually in your twenties thus you are wiser (well should be) than you were when the rest of your permanent teeth were breaking through when you were a young 'un.

I had all 4 out when I was 16. Spent a week in bed eating noting but Jelly and painkillers, great time.

Ok so that explains it. Jelly sounds savage right about now though. Damn it!
    Maguined wrote: »
    My wisdom teeth grew forwards instead of upwards so that shows how wise I am.

The one that's causing the issue with me right now is buried in my jawbone and apparently it's dangerous to remove as there's nerves around there or something and it could paralyse part of my jaw. Again, no wisdom in that! Did you get them removed?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

When you planning on stopping? :pac:

Not any time soon I'd imagine.

I'll be taking it easy on drink for a while due to football and trying to get fit but I had a serious nights kip after the red stuff last night so I'll be looking forward to trying it again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

The one that's causing the issue with me right now is buried in my jawbone and apparently it's dangerous to remove as there's nerves around there or something and it could paralyse part of my jaw. Again, no wisdom in that! Did you get them removed?

Yeah had to get all 4 removed, they were really rooted into my jaw as well so they had to hack my apart the doctor said. Woke up with my cheeks stitched to my gums which was hilarious if somewhat uncomfortable and painful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

Maguined wrote: »
    Yeah had to get all 4 removed, they were really rooted into my jaw as well so they had to hack my apart the doctor said. Woke up with my cheeks stitched to my gums which was hilarious if somewhat uncomfortable and painful.

7115c0e5.jpg

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Not the nicest of pains at all at all! Had to get two of mine taken out while travelling. One in Melbourne, costing me $160 and another taken out in Cambodia costing me $17.50 :pac: Luckily mine didn't require stitches or anything like that. The dent in Cambodia got the tooth out better than the dude in Australia.

I'm sick. :( Head cold. Missed last two days of work. Only 3 more to go! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Afternoon all.

I am back in the real world after the best 10 days of my life. Volvo Ocean Race 2012 you were epic!

Packing = head wrecking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I've been officially unemployed about 2 weeks.

No longer! I have a new job! I start tomorrow. Yay! :D

• Advertisement

Daisies wrote: »
    Afternoon all.

I am back in the real world after the best 10 days of my life. Volvo Ocean Race 2012 you were epic!

Packing = head wrecking!

Sounds class Daisies!
    When are you away?

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    I've been officially unemployed about 2 weeks.

No longer! I have a new job! I start tomorrow. Yay! :D
    Well done :)

Hope it goes well for you!

PaulieC wrote: »
    Well done :)

Hope it goes well for you!

Thank you! So do I! It's longer hours and more responsibilities than the position I applied for, but I am very happy with that as I wanted a better position than what I applied for! :D

Nervous about tomorrow, doing lots of research on the company! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Man lying on a couch under a blanket is so damn cosy!!

Aaahhhh

Congrats Lynda, where you gonna be working ?

Man lying on a couch under a blanket is so damn cosy!!

Aaahhhh

Congrats Lynda, where you gonna be working ?

Ty! :3

Yankee. It's just a sales job, but hey, a job's a job! :) Starting in Stephen's Green tomorrow, but being transferred to Blanch in a few weeks if all goes well. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Evening all. How's everyone??

Congrats on the job Lynda..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

This is amazing!
    www.stumbleupon.com/su/1n6win/:1yP7sADno:DZI5oI71/www.drawastickman.com/episode1?o=66-69-32-67-82-69-65-84-73-86-69s66-89-58-32-84-72-69-32-66-65-78-68-69-69%2F

Ugh, I know a girl who got hers out and the dentist ripped a bit of her jaw out. :eek:
    I never ever want them. Ever. I'm plenty wisdomous enough as it is.* :pac:

*May be completely and utterly made up....

This is amazing!
    www.stumbleupon.com/su/1n6win/:1yP7sADno:DZI5oI71/www.drawastickman.com/episode1?o=66-69-32-67-82-69-65-84-73-86-69s66-89-58-32-84-72-69-32-66-65-78-68-69-69%2F

Ugh, I know a girl who got hers out and the dentist ripped a bit of her jaw out. :eek:
    I never ever want them. Ever. I'm plenty wisdomous enough as it is.* :pac:

*May be completely and utterly made up....

If you do ever get 'em out, can we work out a deal where I have them implanted? Might raise my IQ a few notches :(

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

If you do ever get 'em out, can we work out a deal where I have them implanted? Might raise my IQ a few notches :(

everyone knows wisdom and int are separate stat rolls :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

They can stay buried in my head for the next few years, then we can deal!
    Gotta get through college first....

I bet you I will have to get 'em out anyway now, I've probably jinxed it. :(

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »

Proof I need them!!!!!! :mad:

They can stay buried in my head for the next few years, then we can deal!
    Gotta get through college first....

I bet you I will have to get 'em out anyway now, I've probably jinxed it. :(

Cool but if you welch, I'm comin' after them *sharpens up crowbar*

all this talk of losing teeth is quite de-molarising....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

bluewolf wrote: »
    That's too far geeky a joke for this time of day :pac:

Wisdom teeth can be a nightmare for so many people! I'm the only person I know who didnt have much trouble with them, or problems getting any out:eek:

College sent out a text today telling us we're not getting results letters sent out, but to view an online copy and print that off instead lol. First time ever I think that's happened.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Afternoon all.

Packing = head wrecking!

Sounds class Daisies!
    When are you away?
    Oh it was amazing, such a buzz about the place.
    Off next Thur, packing to move home at the moment ick.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,802 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

And that's me finished for the week, and here looking up phones and tablets, sure you would swear I have the funds! The aul silent disco on the street was good craic Daisies, (as If I remember!) Fuct if I know how I managed to blag me and my bag of cans into Munroes! But I did, and that says something about the drunken character I am!:pac:

Panthro wrote: »
    And that's me finished for the week, and here looking up phones and tablets, sure you would swear I have the funds! The aul silent disco on the street was good craic Daisies, (as If I remember!) Fuct if I know how I managed to blag me and my bag of cans into Munroes! But I did, and that says something about the drunken character I am!:pac:

I'd say they were afraid to stop you in case you fell over!Do us a favour and look up a reasonably priced camera for me good lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,802 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'd say they were afraid to stop you in case you fell over!Do us a favour and look up a reasonably priced camera for me good lad!

I went back to my mates after that, well after 7am before I landed in the cot. We had an epic game of "Who am I" (which by the way, I'm quite good at! Prime examples-I guessed John Major and Genghis Khan!)

Along with wine, this week I have started watching Game of Thrones - Brilliant show :)

How's everyone, any news?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Wine AND game of thrones - wow really experimenting this week aren't we paulie!! ;)

I just had a bagel....that's the most exciting thing I have to report......

....mmmmmmm bagel!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i am tired and have no news

• Advertisement

I had a scone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement