Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

awec wrote: »
    Black Oil wrote: »
    Any of ye ex-venturer scouts do the coast to coast cycles in '99/'00 - Galway to Dublin/Sligo? Ar do rothar. ;)
    Venturer scouts - are they the ones witht he biege shirts?

Ventures are15-17 year olds

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Sauve wrote: »
    Ventures are15-17 year olds

I was one of them, I preferred Rovers though!

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Beavers ftw

Never made it any further tbh :o

Also FRIDAY!!! Off now until Tuesday week :D

Jammy git Paulie :D

Beavers do my head in. I get a headache even thinking about the little fanta-filled feckers.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Never went to Rovers. Uniform used to be light blue with purple epaulettes for venturers, might have gone to 18-19, can't recall.

Barring a sick day this week - it's my first bit of time off since I started my new job 5months ago so can't wait :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

66904037_a7b6567316_o.jpg

Old and new.

St.-Pats_766.jpg

• Advertisement

The new uniform is much more comfortable and wearable! I mostly wear my rugby jersey instead of the shirt!
    PaulieC wrote: »
    Barring a sick day this week - it's my first bit of time off since I started my new job 5months ago so can't wait :)
    Enjoy it :) Going anywhere nice?

Do yous really have to wear black trousers like?

They are navy and I just say to them to wear plain dark pants trousers! I wear tracksuit bottoms! The scouts trousers are ok, you can turn them into shorts :)

What's it like being a leader, Pem?

Do they make jeans to match/fit your av? :pac:

Mr. Tall. :cool: Your avatar. How's the bike?

Black Oil wrote: »
    What's it like being a leader, Pem?
    Busy, frustrating BUT so rewarding and I love it as I am such a big kid. I just love it, even when I want to strangle some of them!
    I used to just wear jeans :o

I'd have been the sort of scout that Pem would have always been "giving off" too.
    Oh I would, jeans are not good for scouts as if they get wet when hiking / outside they won't dry fast and become heavy too!

• Advertisement

size though, I need the long leg jeans but preferably a 30 waist which is hard to come by!

I find it very difficult to find 32w 34l jeans or chinos thesedays - they're like unicorn pants

Yup, I can wear 32/34 too and they are hard to get. For a 34L most places things start at 34W.

Although a friend of mine would wear (I guess) about a 34W and a 30L. Must be a nightmare! :pac:
    God that does sound hard to find!

True - many 34l pants would have a larger waist, it's awful when you see a nice pair of jeans and they have them in almost ever size EXCEPT yours! :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Afternoon all.. hows everyone??

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Afternoon all.. hows everyone??

As hungry as a, erm, I dunno, Lion??!

6 mins to feeding time :cool:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Sauve wrote: »
    As hungry as a, erm, I dunno, Lion??!

6 mins to feeding time :cool:

feeding time at the zoo (here) done and dusted.. chicken korma. nyom nyom

Its FRIDAY!!!!!!!! Been a long long week :(

I'm getting burritos for lunch :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I had roast tomato and red pepper soup it was delish!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement