Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

awec wrote: »
    It's the weekend. We both know it can't be sunny in Ireland when people are off work! :rolleyes:

I know, I know :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Hi All!

Spent Tuesday and Wednesday teaching science to kids, secured Ireland Vs. Spain Euro tickets last night and then won €50 at the dog track. Driving to Galway on Saturday for the connemarathon on Sunday!

Anyone else having a great week?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Afternoon all. This has been the longest bloody week ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

That_Guy wrote: »
    Afternoon all. This has been the longest bloody week ever.

It really has! I have a 3 day week next week, can't wait :D

Good luck in the marathon Podge! I am having a quiet weekend but I am visiting some places I don't know! It's an exploring weekend :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

I'm so sad, the guy on treadmill next to me coughed and phlegmed on my arm :mad: I nearly vomited....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

tatumkelly wrote: »
    I'm so sad, the guy on treadmill next to me coughed and phlegmed on my arm :mad: I nearly vomited....:(

Bloody hell. That's all kinds of gross :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Just got ice cream at work, granted it's on the unsunniest day this week but it's still great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Sauve wrote: »
    Bloody hell. That's all kinds of gross :(

Yeah I nearly cried :(

Can I've an ice cream to cheer me up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

It's bloody freezing outside. :mad:

I am toying with the idea of booking next Friday off work. Can't believe the pubs are closed here. What the hell is up with that?!

Basically Jesus said that we can't drink on Good Friday but that Holy Thursday is the busiest day of the year for Off Licences and there will be tonnes of house parties around the place.

Also lookout for sports/members clubs that have bars, they have a different type of license (spent last year drinking in a rugby club, great bant). Also look out for boats/barges/ferries that have bars some of them will be able to serve alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

tatumkelly wrote: »
    All kinds of gross! Use a fooking tissue! I saw a cyclist in front of my "snot himself" as Sauve says this morning and I felt ill :(
    I am toying with the idea of booking next Friday off work. Can't believe the pubs are closed here. What the hell is up with that?!
    It's one day! Get over it :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I just bought myself a HTC Explorer. Now to wait for my number to port over. Excited! Finally a phone that can do stuff other than make calls and send texts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Anyone up to anything exciting for the weekend?Im working tomorrow myself but am off Monday and am heading to Captain Americas Sunday night to watch Wrestlemania live which should be fun.

Anyone up to anything exciting for the weekend?Im working tomorrow myself but am off Monday and am heading to Captain Americas Sunday night to watch Wrestlemania live which should be fun.

It's my sister's 21st tomorrow. Queue lots of alcohol fuelled crazy dancing with the relatives followed by a possible Sunday session

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

oh good god. Get me out of here!

Is it home time yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

evening peeps.

yay for friday. (except for Daisies)
    i'm in the mood for takeaway pizza....

evening peeps.

yay for friday. (except for Daisies)

You remembered *wipes away tear*

I suppose I do go on about it enough

ah you don't. i'm just aware that not everyone works mon-fri.

i'm hungry!

• Advertisement

my blueberry yoghurt is oh so minty

Almost the weekend.

Going to get my hair cut after work, buy some new razor blades and have an epic shave (not really that epic), grab a few bottles of beer and watch the Shamrock Rovers V Bohemians game. No doubt I'll be heading out tonight.

Tomorrow??? No idea. Have a few new mixes I want to try out so might spend the afternoon doing that whilst catching up on the football scores.

Kinda depends on the weather really. Ideally I'd like to have a few pals around, few beers and have a BBQ but may have to postpone that idea and think of something else.

Sunday I shall be watching Newcastle V Liverpool and hopefully a gloating session around town as I run around with my jersey off swinging it around my head going absolutely mental.... or not. ;)

my blueberry yoghurt is oh so minty
    Is it supposed to be :confused:

Almost the weekend.

Going to get my hair cut after work, buy some new razor blades and have an epic shave (not really that epic), grab a few bottles of beer and watch the Shamrock Rovers V Bohemians game. No doubt I'll be heading out tonight.

Tomorrow??? No idea. Have a few new mixes I want to try out so might spend the afternoon doing that whilst catching up on the football scores.

Kinda depends on the weather really. Ideally I'd like to have a few pals around, few beers and have a BBQ but may have to postpone that idea and think of something else.

Sunday I shall be watching Newcastle V Liverpool and hopefully a gloating session around town as I run around with my jersey off swinging it around my head going absolutely mental.... or not. ;)
    I enjoy your weekend updates! Haircut Friday ftw :D

Liverpool ftw though! I must by an Xbox live account tomorrow so I can watch the match on sky go on the 42" TV in the sitting room.

Found out I have a football game on my birthday which is alright but it's away and it's about an hour and three quarters driving each way, hopefully it's on early or I'll be driving all night!

PaulieC wrote: »
    I enjoy your weekend updates! Haircut Friday ftw :D

I had planned to do it last week but just never bothered. Decided to go home and relax with beer instead. :D

I had planned to do it last week but just never bothered. Decided to go home and relax with beer instead. :D
    Speaking of beer I must get myself a few of these bad boys for tomorrow night if I think of it in time:

baltika5bis.jpg

Gorgeous beer, only a few offies in Cork have it though - well, around my area anyway!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Go karting after work, beers after that.. then spend the rest of the weekend chilling out.

Dunno how well the latter part will work out tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I always find that "chilling out" starts well but then I get bored to tears and start wanting out.

Yup, same as me so.. I know I have some laundry to do and a bit of a clean up in my place but that should be done in a few hours. So who knows what may happen after that :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement