Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

HB, Pemb, keep on dreamin' :cool:

No dreams needed, saw it happen twice in person last year :D Least ye're coming down this year with decent jerseys and not one's covered in unicorn jizz, one less thing to abuse the travelling fans about :pac:
    awec wrote: »
    We were having a discussion today in work about the rugby. Poor misguided fools think that Munster stand a chance against the might of the Ulster men in the heinekin cup :pac: :cool:

Have to say the travelling Ulster support are some of the best craic you'll ever have at a match. Two years ago I was at the match in Thomond and Ian Humphreys made a try for himself out of nothing to which an Ulster fan roared "Are ya watching Declan Kidney, ya biased b*stard!". About 10 mins later he throws two awful passes and bounces off a few tackles and the same guy roars "I'm so sorry Declan, he's actually sh*te, I take it all back". Think the whole east terrace was laughing for a finish.

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

I have a monstrous tooth ache. All week I had a twinge, so I booked the dentist for next Tuesday, but I've been living on pain killers since yesterday afternoon :(

I'm reduced to drinking coffee through a straw (keeps the heat away from my dodgy tooth)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I have a monstrous tooth ache. All week I had a twinge, so I booked the dentist for next Tuesday, but I've been living on pain killers since yesterday afternoon :(

I'm reduced to drinking coffee through a straw (keeps the heat away from my dodgy tooth)

Ah thats a balls sb-
    rubbing whiskey on it really helps, it kept me from crying once before :)
    Hope it settles...

Sauve wrote: »

Ah thats a balls sb-
    rubbing whiskey on it really helps, it kept me from crying once before :)
    Hope it settles...
    A fitting punishment for not sorting it out sooner :)

Question, was it rubbing or drinking the whiskey that helped :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Tooth pain is one of the worst pain ever! Second only to needle in the foot (well with me anyways). Hope it eases off a bit for ya.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I've heard of people stepping on a weaver fish, not fun I believe, but not sure how painful it is. Probably a fair bit.

Good weather's still with us. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Larianne wrote: »
    Tooth pain is one of the worst pain ever! Second only to needle in the foot (well with me anyways). Hope it eases off a bit for ya.

Nope, eye pain is worse than either of those. Ever had a corneal ulcer?! Worst pain I've had in my life!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Hope you've got body armour for that...

• Advertisement

Nope, eye pain is worse than either of those. Ever had a corneal ulcer?! Worst pain I've had in my life!!

Ooh, no I have not. But sticking a needle into your foot, around the ankle area, 5 times certainly brought tears to my eyes. :( (always go for general anaesthetic guys!)
    Looks like a bit of saturday afternoon shopping could be on the cards. :)

Why would you put yourself through that?? WHY? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

She moaned!:pac:

About my silly username, not anything else :D

Good night out anyway, even if I did end up having a bath in beer :o

EDIT: Oh dear, here come the facebook photos... I don't remember being that drunk :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I've got a bit of a swollen gum :/ Hope it will just go away itself with lots of mouthwash. I have a deathly fear of dentists :(

Ugh had such a fun night out last night then left my friends downtown to go to the taxi rank. Sure there was a feckin blizzard and no taxis, had to wander around in the snow for an hour trying to flag one down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Looks like a bit of saturday afternoon shopping could be on the cards. :)

You must be mad haha :pac: I always have my shopping done by 11am at the latest on a weekend, but quite often it's earlier. I pretty much refuse to go to any shop other than my local Spar after that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

The "easy on the eye thread" has alerted me to Lisa Hannigan. My god but shes beautiful. Well...Guess I'm off to set up a Facebook page asking her to marry me!:D

Panthro wrote: »
    The "easy on the eye thread" has alerted me to Lisa Hannigan. My god but shes beautiful. Well...Guess I'm off to set up a Facebook page asking her to marry me!:D

Think David o Doherty has already claimed her. But you can try. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Larianne wrote: »
    Think David o Doherty has already claimed her. But you can try. :D

Pftt, have you seen my face?!:pac::pac:
    I was out last night, I think I'll stay in tonight, order in a takeaway and err..watch the footy highlights seem as I've the house to myself. One thing I love, having the house to myself every once in a while.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

HB, Pemb, keep on dreamin' :cool:

No dreams needed, saw it happen twice in person last year :D Least ye're coming down this year with decent jerseys and not one's covered in unicorn jizz, one less thing to abuse the travelling fans about :pac:

keep on dreaming! :cool:

• Advertisement

keep on dreaming! :cool:

head-in-hands-man.jpg

Well deserved win in fairness. Absolutely dire game though! Madigan is some prospect.

Morning all.

Good Morning to all :)

I've been very productive today. House cleaned, washing on, grass cut. Mouth feels like I've been hit with a hammer several times :(
    I swear, I'm going to the dentist first thing tomorrow and not leaving until this pain gone. I've swallowed 18 nurofen since Friday, 2 every 4 hours, including in the middle of the night, with a few panadol and other things in the middle. Does anyone have any heroin lying around? :D

Sounds rather unpleasant there, SB.

Good Morning to all :)

I've been very productive today. House cleaned, washing on, grass cut. Mouth feels like I've been hit with a hammer several times :(
    I swear, I'm going to the dentist first thing tomorrow and not leaving until this pain gone. I've swallowed 18 nurofen since Friday, 2 every 4 hours, including in the middle of the night, with a few panadol and other things in the middle. Does anyone have any heroin lying around? :D

That toothache sounds seriously nasty. Get it sorted asap!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Afternoon everyone!! How are things in the land of Ire?!

First grass cut of the season? Always the worst!
    Nah, second or third, get in there early is what you need to do. On Monday the weed killer goes in

That toothache sounds seriously nasty. Get it sorted asap!
    I bookedan appoint for Tuesday, but it wasn't to bad when I booked, thought I'd alright, now I'm gonna be in the dentist at 9 in the morning, begging for relief :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

There's a crow that keeps sitting on the gutter right outside my bedroom window and doing a wee jig for himself. The noise is unreal - he keeps waking me up at all hours.
    :mad:

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement