Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Sauve wrote: »

Awec- yours is aaahhh-weck. Said as if one has a speech impediment :pac:

aaahhh-wecktum?...I aaaah.. nearly killed em!
    (leaves thread!:o)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Morning all..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Panthro wrote: »

Awec- yours is aaahhh-weck. Said as if one has a speech impediment :pac:

aaahhh-wecktum?...I aaaah.. nearly killed em!
    (leaves thread!:o)
    And never comes back :p

Mine is easy to pronounce and it gets shortened! Looking forward to the next beers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Come back Panthro- all is forgiven ;)
    Morning all- hope Mondays' not too painful.
    Four day week though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Had an appointment at 7.45, no hot water for shower, kettle gave up will to live so no tea, all parking meters broken on the street I parked.... :mad:

Home now... back to bed, or go to the gym?

• Advertisement

Four day week though!!
    I have a 3 day week :) and 5 day weekend :D:D:D

Pembily wrote: »
    Four day week though!!
    I have a 3 day week :) and 5 day weekend :D:D:D

You jammy git Pem!
    Jealous :(

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

You jammy git Pem!
    Jealous :(

Thanks! I am also going for a 30k cycle Thursday so I may not have any weekend as I may die :o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

.. Four day week though!!

Ohh forgot about that. Nice one!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Easter egg waiting at the end of that cycle, Pem?

Black Oil wrote: »
    Easter egg waiting at the end of that cycle, Pem?

Nope, no Easter egg this year, few different boxes and chocolates and desserts and I won't have it till Easter Saturday at the earliest! Also have a box of ferrero rocher (mixed types) from my bday at home so can tuck into them :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Awh man, just starting to regain some sort of conciousness now after the weekend. :)

Got another helluva weekend coming up again with a match between Munster and Leinster for the semi-final on the British and Irish Cup on Friday. Then the Heiniken Cup QF against Cardiff on the Saturday. :)

You guys get up to much?

@HB Madigan has been playing a storm all season. Was chatting to my brother during the Ospreys game complaining about how he's always scoring a try on the other side of the field. 5 seconds later he went and scored a try over there. :mad: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

Well I walked into the dentist this morning (well I crawled in while whimpering and crying), my usual dentist doesn't work mondays anymore, so another dentist, hit my sore tooth with what felt like a sledge hammer, said you have an abscess and sent me off to get pills, come back tomorrow for even more pain :)

Cost me €50 as well :(

Did you know your prsi contributions now only pay for a €30 teeth cleaning? Nothing else.

Thank good for dental insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

tatumkelly wrote: »
    Had an appointment at 7.45, no hot water for shower, kettle gave up will to live so no tea, all parking meters broken on the street I parked.... :mad:

Home now... back to bed, or go to the gym?

Chose the gym :D

Now... lunch.... suggestions for something yum?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I have a 4 day week and it's my bday at the weekend - but have a game Saturday so can't make the most of Thursday and Friday - still, should get some chilling done :)

Bought a pair of predators at the weekend too - my account is reeling from such a heavy blow!!

Nope got these ones:

adidas-predator-xi-trx-fg-boots6.jpg

I could never really see how people could spend that much money on football boots when I was younger - would always go for the cheaper version of the predators - the one's for around €100 y'know - but the difference in quality and having proper leather boots makes a difference imo

I've also noticed my feet getting ripped to bits so having proper support in these should make a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Do you prefer blades over metal studs? Played rugby back in college and I hated the sight of lads wearing blades, used to cut the hell out your skin in they made any contact at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

awec wrote: »
    My boots are blades (moulded blades rather than the metal ones), but that's cause I played regularly on 3G surfaces (soccer) and you can't wear metal studs on those.

Yeah fair point. Not a fan of blades at all, even when playing hurling I'd always wear studs, far better grip out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Do you prefer blades over metal studs? Played rugby back in college and I hated the sight of lads wearing blades, used to cut the hell out your skin in they made any contact at all.

*Saddo nerd alert* - one of the Young Scientist entries this year was seeing whether blades or studs wearing had any difference in the amount of knee injuries when playing GAA. Blades stick in the ground and don't rotate like studs do so you'd be more likely to get a knee injury (MCL/LCL/ACL tears) wearing blades.

Don't think its been scientifically proven (I only heard them talk about it on the radio) but it makes sense really!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Jaysus, I'm shook after that weekend. I'm getting a bit old for 21st's! I need a holiday to recover.

On another note, I NEED to get a car, this waiting for lifts in ridiculous. :mad:

Why did it take me so long to discover Sufjan Stevens' music?

It's madness!!
    Lovely madness :)

awec wrote: »
    Got that crow yet Sauve? :pac:

Heh, I haven't heard from him since so I'm guessing he heard me shouting at him yesterday and took the hint :pac:

Can understand the sentiment here - I've gotten blades into the legs and hands etc. playing football and it's not nice! That said I do wear moulded blades -never wear the metal ones - I use studs instead.
    Yeah fair point. Not a fan of blades at all, even when playing hurling I'd always wear studs, far better grip out of them.

This depends on the surface - I wear moulded studs in the summer - for hard ground, I find the moulded studs absorb the impact from running on hard ground far better than studded boots - on the other hand I wear studded boots during the winter and crappy months - soft ground means I get better grip in the mud etc. and also less likely to slip than on moulded studs.
    Larianne wrote: »
    *Saddo nerd alert* - one of the Young Scientist entries this year was seeing whether blades or studs wearing had any difference in the amount of knee injuries when playing GAA. Blades stick in the ground and don't rotate like studs do so you'd be more likely to get a knee injury (MCL/LCL/ACL tears) wearing blades.

Don't think its been scientifically proven (I only heard them talk about it on the radio) but it makes sense really!

I must look into this more because, imo, it depends on the surface you're running on. I did my knee playing tag rugby - it was a freak accident (the majority of people who get the injury do so from being hit by cars according to google! That said I'm convinced it was because I wore metal studs on rock hard ground - I just don't think my knees could take the shock - I was turning and put my foot on the ground to spring off it and it just went.

Barring that I've never had an injury I could put down to boots or weather so i have limited information.

It's an interesting topic though - the science that goes into sportswear nowdays is crazy!

Great artist - love the song about John Gacey

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Chicago is possibly one of my favourite songs.

*off to youtube to listen to it*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement