Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Chicago is my favourite song of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

PaulieC wrote: »
    Can understand the sentiment here - I've gotten blades into the legs and hands etc. playing football and it's not nice! That said I do wear moulded blades -never wear the metal ones - I use studs instead.

This depends on the surface - I wear moulded studs in the summer - for hard ground, I find the moulded studs absorb the impact from running on hard ground far better than studded boots - on the other hand I wear studded boots during the winter and crappy months - soft ground means I get better grip in the mud etc. and also less likely to slip than on moulded studs.

I must look into this more because, imo, it depends on the surface you're running on. I did my knee playing tag rugby - it was a freak accident (the majority of people who get the injury do so from being hit by cars according to google! That said I'm convinced it was because I wore metal studs on rock hard ground - I just don't think my knees could take the shock - I was turning and put my foot on the ground to spring off it and it just went.

Barring that I've never had an injury I could put down to boots or weather so i have limited information.

It's an interesting topic though - the science that goes into sportswear nowdays is crazy!

When playing sport, injury happens from planting your foot on the ground and turning your body quickly. Sounds about right with what happened to you.

Yeah, really interesting. Your body goes through so much stress when playing sport. Having the proper footwear effects the whole leg/body. Gotta make sure its right.

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Just spent the last hour listening to Sufjan Stevens. Perfect music for the Monday blues (aka my version of the Sunday evening blues)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

You still looking for a new job Daisies? How's all that going?

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Sauve wrote: »
    You still looking for a new job Daisies? How's all that going?

Kinda, there's one for lecturing in Malawi that I'm gonna apply for. I'm giving it another month and we'll see at that stage how things are.

Daisies wrote: »
    Kinda, there's one for lecturing in Malawi that I'm gonna apply for. I'm giving it another month and we'll see at that stage how things are.

Malawi! Fantastic, that'd be amazing.

Sauve wrote: »
    Malawi! Fantastic, that'd be amazing.

Ya gonna apply and see how it goes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

My phone has vanished again :(

Oh, and I saw Louis Walsh at the weekend, my mate dragged me down Grafton Street after him :o

...tbh I ain't all that ashamed of it. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

awec wrote: »
    Anyone at anything interesting tonight?

I think I'm going to the gym! :eek:

I'm just back from gym... probably passed you in doorway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

I'm just back too.

I will definitely feel that in the morning.

Did 9k on the bike though! :D

20.... :P and 15 this morning :P

mwah ha ha... back to the gym with you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Evening all! Was out for dinner tonight, got the most amazing gf chocolate cake EVER! I've missed good chocolate cake...

Well done on the cycle Awec! Daisies it's 30ths next for you :p Sufjan Stevens is amazing :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Pembily wrote: »
    Evening all! Was out for dinner tonight, got the most amazing gf chocolate cake EVER! I've missed good chocolate cake...

Well done on the cycle Awec! Daisies it's 30ths next for you :p Sufjan Stevens is amazing :)

Whats a gf chocolate cake?? :confused:

Chocolate? Chocolate!!!

*awec points at the date and looks at pembily*

Just kidding! :p Thanks too! :)
    I know, I know :o I haven't eaten jellies! Also I can't say not to chocolate cake that I can eat :p GF is gluten free...

Pembily wrote: »
    Daisies it's 30ths next for you :p Sufjan Stevens is amazing :)

Thanks for that depressing thought. I have AT least another 2 21st's this year and after that it is going to be 30ths and engagement parties etc.

:(:( I am getting old, not fun!

I had chocolate today too (and cake and apple tart and pizza, the joys of there being lots of crap food in the house and having the hungover "I want to eat everything in sight" feeling)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Morning. Rather gloomy outside...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Gluten free I presume.

ooohhhh right, I was thing along the lines of a girlfriend chocolate cake :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

I'm hungover and have a cold. Me no likey

Black Oil wrote: »
    Morning. Rather gloomy outside...

Morning! Yeah, miserable morning and cold! Not a great morning for a cycle :(

They are forecasting snow for high ground over the next few days.. apparently our nice spring weather was very short lived :(

Morning, I'm tired and feel like my immune system was shot over the weekend. I need sleep and to not be in work.

Yup, I'm a barrel of laughs today :p

The incompentance of people in a managment capacity makes me :mad: a lot!

Daisies wrote: »
    The incompentance of people in a managment capacity makes me :mad: a lot!

Same here today.
    The world will be such a nice place when we're all grown up and in charge :)

• Advertisement

Listening to Chicago now. I like it. So far, one of my favourites has to be Impossible Soul -

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement