Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I've actually paid to do the Dublin Marathon. It's actually bloody happening. Best save up for the operation on my new legs afterwards. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Back to work today after completing the Connemara half marathon. Legs and Shoulders are a bit sore but I was very generous with the vaseline so glad i dont have as many sore points as last year.

Did it in a 2:03, would have prefered to shave off the 3mins (stopping for a wizz at mile 6 didn't help) but still delighted i crossed the line, great feeling!

Almost as good was the atmpshere in Galway that night, great banter in the Quays. I was the clientele how the Organ on the stage behind the band was the second largest organ in Ireland. When they asked where was the largest was i simply winked and gave a cheeky smile.

Think il sign up for Cork half now!
    That_Guy wrote: »
    I've actually paid to do the Dublin Marathon. It's actually bloody happening. Best save up for the operation on my new legs afterwards.

Good for you man! It'l be worth it. Get vaseline!!!

Duuuurty. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Duuuurty. :pac:

Well done lads :D

That Guy- are you doing the full marathon?
    I'm sorely tempted...

• Administrators Posts: 53,800 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Sauve wrote: »
    Well done lads :D

That Guy- are you doing the full marathon?
    I'm sorely tempted...

The full one it is my man.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

The full one it is my man.

I'm a gurl :(

:pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

GGGGGGAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

and breathe

Step one in quest for new job: reference from head of department, TICK!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

This is not cycling weather...

Well done Daisies!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

good luck with it Daisies.

it's very much not pem. was actually wanting to go for a jog today. hopefully it'll be better tomorrow.

on a yay it's fantastic -note, my housemate is feckin off to scotland until friday, then heading home for the weekend \o/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Saw a cyclist abandon trying to cycle when I was walking home. Mind you, wasn't much better on the path - wind, rain and hail trying to push us on to the road.

Evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

T'is a crap day, bloody freezing as well!

I had a dentist drilling into my teeth for an hour today, and the pain is....... Still there :( have to wait on the antibiotic to clear it. cost me 300 squid, with another 300 next month, with another hours pain.

Thank God for dental insurance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Got notice from my landlord today ive one month to get out, he is doing something else with the property. The thoughts of tring to find somewhere new to live and possibly have to share with strangers fills me with dred.

Im also going to have to get a mate with a van to make a few trips with my 1500+ cd's 300+ vinyl TV,Stero and all my clothes im practicly ill with the thought of all the effort.

oh no, derek, hate moving! such a pain. especially with that much stuff.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

New avatar SUN?

yep. felt like a change :)

damn it, meant to make hot chocolate :/

yep. felt like a change :)

damn it, meant to make hot chocolate :/

Ya, I'll have one, thanks for asking. Nom nom

can't :( my housemate would probably have a fit if i made that kinda noise out in the kitchen now

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

its soooooooo cold!! :(

I was ready to pack up all the winter clothing and send it home, now it seems I'll have to pack up the summer clothes :mad:

• Advertisement

Morning all :) It's my Friday! Whoop, whoop!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

No humps for you so Pemb!

:p

No humps for you so Pemb!

:p
    Yesterday was but it was too cold for humps :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Nothing wrong with a few humps to get ya warmed up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Booked off Friday from work - email this morning saying Irish office is off Friday....hoping to god that if this is the case I can transfer my day off to Thursday - 5 day birthday weekend!! :D

Pembily wrote: »
    Morning all :) It's my Friday! Whoop, whoop!

I dislike you at this point!

Someone has also messed up and I don't have a day off for the bank holiday next week!:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

That's no fun. ^^

Black Oil wrote: »
    That's no fun. ^^

Nope!! You speak the truth.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement