Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jameson Question

Options
  • 25-02-2012 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.

Tonight i bought a bottle of Jameson whiskey from my local offies and it tastes odd. I would drink Jameson in the Pub when offered a drink and if i fancy a cheap whisky to sup. So i know its fairly smooth with a hot finish but easy to drink neat. I like Jameson.

Tonights bottle however isnt easy at all. When i first opened it the smell was very strong my girlfriend sitting across the room even commented she could smell it. It was slightly darker than usual. The taste was really strong with a very harsh burn. Stronger than usual.

So my question is could my whisky be "bad"? Or is it just that this particular bottle is more robust than usual and just caught me off guard?

Thanks for answers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

If you don't like it then bring it back and get a refund or another bottle, same as you would with any other consumer product. Other than that there isn't anything else you can do.

Bar drink it, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It could be counterfeit, not sure if there have been counterfeit jamesons about, my mate got fake smirnoff red.

I got a dodgy 200ml jack daniels with black stuff in it once, I think it was real JD though. I emailed them and a rep came around, got a few 700ml bottles and glasses.

If you think it is fake it might be better going to jameson rather than the offie who probably know it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭emmet the rover

did you buy it of a reputable supermarket or off licence chain as opposed to one of these independent discount off licences*?
    did you notice if it was in a sealed bottle?
    is it a standard label and size bottle 70cl or not?

if the answer is yes toeither the last two then id suspect a fake.

a good way to tell would be to get another btl of jameson and pour a glass of each and compair colour,smell and taste

*btw there is nothing worng with independend off licences most sell quality product and offer a much better slection of beers and spirits than your usuall off licence/shop i am refering to a more dogey budget establishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭have_a_go_hero

have a good look at the bottle....you could be after buying 12yr or crested ten by mistake!! if not then take it back for a refund....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

post a few photos of the bottle there, maybe we can spot irregularities. if youre not satisfied and are fairly confident that something is amiss, go straight to jameson, http://www.jamesonwhiskey.com/ for contact details

• Advertisement
Advertisement