Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Completing Rent Supplement Form

Options
  • 25-02-2012 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I've been handed a rent supplement form by my tenant for me to complete the landlord section. I'm a bit confused and would really appreciate any help.

My tenant tells me that her SW officer has agreed that my tenant should contribute €25 monthly to her rent. My tenant says that I need to record the total rent on the form as €925 (max for Dublin tenant with 2 kids). She says that SW will pay €900 rent and the tenant will pay €25 bringing the total up to €925. It's less than we want but we'd live with that.

However, from reading about the changes in rent allowance for 2012 it appears clear that all tenants must pay a minimum of €30/week towards their rent. Is that true or is it up to the discretion of each SW officer? I'm worried that if I record the rent as €925 on the form that I'll actually only receive €805 from social welfare (€925 - (€30 x 4)). And knowing my tenant I won't get much more than €25 monthly from her.

Am I missing something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Firstly, it's a weekly contribution from the tenant, not monthly. I don't know if the increase applied to people with kids, but mine did go up from €26 to €30 per week. I don't know how they run it in Dublin, but my CWO calculated my rent supplement based on taking my monthly rent (€400), calculating the average weekly rent, and working from there. They give me €60.30 per week and I have to contribute the other €30. No way in holy hell is SW giving her €900 per month and her only handing over €25.

She's clearly got her wires crossed.

Advertisement