Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steeping Juices

Options
  • 25-02-2012 4:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

I got some juices from an american site in fridays post. they were made on the 17th, and shipped on the 18th so all in all they were in the envelope for 6 days before they dropped on my door

now that means they were "steeping" for six days, yes? but when I got the juice the flavour was not exactly great.. which is weird as every review i looked at of these juices mentioned the fantastic flavour when vaping.

I took the tops (and drippers) off all 3 bottles and yesterday left them in a dark drawer for 20 odd hours, I just put the drippers and caps back on, gave them a bit of a shake and.. now what?

Is it just a case of leaving them alone in the drawer for another week or two, or should I leave them uncapped again in a few days time?

I tried to do a bit of googling but everyone pretty much says something different, it appears to be more of an art than a science and down to personal preference as much as anything else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Was there no information on the site suggesting how long to leave it before vaping, obviously not if your on here asking about it.
    Ya can only assume it should be decent enough by now and the juices are just not to your liking.

With the likes of FlavourArt ya have to leave it a few days and a lot of people leave it a few weeks before vaping.
    I need mix, shake and off ya go juices, can't be bothered waiting around for days to see what it's like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah the website says nothing about steeping. I dont think its just them not being to my taste, as everyone else says they taste strongly of what they are supposed to but for me it's just.. a slight hint in the background of the flavour it's meant to be.

*shrug*

only cost about 10 euro for 30ml, and they at least smell nice. I guess I can just open them up and smell them every now and again thinking "ah, if only"

I did order a load of 3ohm boge's in the same order so.. maybe they did up a juice mix more suited for high volt vaping? if such a thing exists.

I did order a load of 3ohm boge's in the same order so..

Are you using them Boges now at 5v ?
    That would give you 8 watts which is what i normally vape at.

Just a suggestion, try going down to 4.6 v to give you 7 watts and ya might get a better taste of the flavour but less throathit.

Or if ya have a 2 Ohm atty, go to 3.7 v and try it.

Most likely it's just the juice itself.

nah, i'm using boge 2ohm's on an ego. should be getting a new lavatube on monday so I'll be able to try them at 5volts then

nah, i'm using boge 2ohm's on an ego. should be getting a new lavatube on monday so I'll be able to try them at 5volts then

I'd say your noticing a big difference to what ya got used to with the Lavatube.

• Advertisement

yeah
    the way that hhigher volt vaping can bring out flavours in juices does make me wonder if they actually made the juice a little weaker thanb normal, so it wouldn't be overpowering at higher volts?

*shrug*

ill find out on monday anyway, and if it doesn't make a huge difference I'll just leave them to stepp for a week or two

yeah
    the way that hhigher volt vaping can bring out flavours in juices does make me wonder if they actually made the juice a little weaker thanb normal, so it wouldn't be overpowering at higher volts?

*shrug*

ill find out on monday anyway, and if it doesn't make a huge difference I'll just leave them to stepp for a week or two

Too high a wattage and it could strip the flavour.
    What strength is it and is it 50/50, 75/25 or whatever.

PG carries the flavour better.

All different variations possible that affects the flavour, rarely buy juice off the shelf now.

yeah that could be another thing too
    i had always assumed that my dekang juices were 70/30, so I ordered this juice in 70/30 but when I got my new juices they were *so* thick in comparison to the dekangs I have, which I assume now to be 100% PG

so yeah I had wondered if that 30% VG was negatively affecting the flavour but.. it couldn't have that huge an effect, could it?

oh, and it's 12mg

shiping is only fiver dollars or so from that crowd, so maybe i'll just order a 100% PG sampler from them in the future to compare

yeah that could be another thing too
    i had always assumed that my dekang juices were 70/30, so I ordered this juice in 70/30 but when I got my new juices they were *so* thick in comparison to the dekangs I have, which I assume now to be 100% PG

so yeah I had wondered if that 30% VG was negatively affecting the flavour but.. it couldn't have that huge an effect, could it?

oh, and it's 12mg

shiping is only fiver dollars or so from that crowd, so maybe i'll just order a 100% PG sampler from them in the future to compare

Mostly VG = more vapour but ya lose out in flavour imo and throathit which is why people add vodka etc

100 PG and ya will get feck all vapour but plenty of flavour and throathit.

70/30 is a ratio i like and look out for if buying off the shelf or 80/20 which is what i reckon the Dekang is.

Then ya factor in the nicotine strength which makes a huge difference regarding throathit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

from an american site in fridays post.
    who are they ?
    Recently i've tried HALO juices.... when i tried it first time --- didn't like it as much....... on the second day -- thought they are not bad at all ......on the 3rd day -- How could i ever vape something else :)
    ps. only cons-- they smell like a bum :) U wouldn't realized it till vaping , but for someone else...

• Advertisement

parkes vaping

parkes vaping

The options they give are great when selecting juice, all different pg/vg ratios.
    Decent prices too.

yeah, which is why im so dissapointed I dont really like any of them
    cheap juice and a fiver shipping... they're just about perfect

alec76 wrote: »
    who are they ?
    Recently i've tried HALO juices.... when i tried it first time --- didn't like it as much....... on the second day -- thought they are not bad at all ......on the 3rd day -- How could i ever vape something else :)

Love to try Halo juices but i be afraid i'd like one or two of them. Very expensive.
    yeah, which is why im so dissapointed I dont really like any of them
    cheap juice and a fiver shipping... they're just about perfect

Ya must have a shed full of juices at this stage have !?

heh, not really

i have about 10 more or less empty 1-2ml left bottles of tobacco flavours, near enough the same for fruit flavours.. and a couple of 5-10ml full bottles of both, im running out!

I do however have about 400ml of pg and 20 odd fruit/nut flavourings so im not exactly desperate, once my tobacco flavourings come in next weeks post i'm going to start DIY'ing properly

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

heh, not really

i have about 10 more or less empty 1-2ml left bottles of tobacco flavours, near enough the same for fruit flavours.. and a couple of 5-10ml full bottles of both, im running out!

I do however have about 400ml of pg and 20 odd fruit/nut flavourings so im not exactly desperate, once my tobacco flavourings come in next weeks post i'm going to start DIY'ing properly

Wow 400ml pg - you'll have to setup your own shop next!

i went a bit nuts ages ago with my first order from inawera :) 100ml of 36mg and 300ml of 0, so 400ml of 12mg

still, it doesnt go out of date quickly so ill always have it

Love to try Halo juices but i be afraid i'd like one or two of them. Very expensive.
    addictive like crack, better not to try :)
    although TW got flavours Patriot Range - they are similar AFAIK
    http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/products/electronic-cigarette-flavourings/totally-wickeds-5ml-tobacco-flavor-2-2-2-product.html

although TW got flavours Patriot Range - they are similar AFAIK
    http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/products/electronic-cigarette-flavourings/totally-wickeds-5ml-tobacco-flavor-2-2-2-product.html

:D, will stay away from that so.
    Any other good flavours from Inawera to recommend Alec before i order.
    Mainly using Gold Ducat, love the stuff.

Out of stock @ TW, expensive delivery i think anyway.

VIRGINIA,Don Hill worth to try .... make some mixes ( few drops of gold ducat , few drops of virginia etc )

• Advertisement

VIRGINIA,Don Hill worth to try .... make some mixes ( few drops of gold ducat , few drops of virginia etc )

Cheers, will give them a try so.

Check this out, free delivery to Ireland.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/500ml-MPG-Propylene-glycol-USP-EP-99-Pharma-grade-better-then-food-grade-/140608454423?pt=UK_BOI_Medical_Lab_Equipment_Lab_Supplies_ET&hash=item20bceabf17

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/500ML-GLYCEROL-GLYCERINE-food-grade-kosher-vegetable-/140540218141?pt=UK_BOI_Medical_Lab_Equipment_Lab_Supplies_ET&hash=item20b8d98b1d

Must of had these mixed up with other eBay PG tabs i had open, no delivery to Ireland on those items.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Just ordered Halo Freedom Juice from TVS today actually. Kind of tired of the fruit juices and don't really like most of the tobacco juices so going to try something different. Just got a 7ml sample cos they're brutal expensive!

Just ordered Halo Freedom Juice from TVS today actually. Kind of tired of the fruit juices and don't really like most of the tobacco juices so going to try something different. Just got a 7ml sample cos they're brutal expensive!

€22.75 for 30ml :eek:

That amount worth of DIY juices would last a long time.

i bought 100ml dirty neutral base 12mg and 6 5ml bottles of flavour for 16.40 incl delivery so... yeah halo's pretty damn expensive

id love to try them some day, but I am just never paying that. maybe if I win the lotto.

derra wrote: »

€22.75 for 30ml :eek:

That amount worth of DIY juices would last a long time.

That's why I just bought the 7ml bottle. My favourite juice is the Liqua range and you can get 30ml for ca. €10! Half the price of HALO. If it doesn't blow me away I won't buy any more of them!

Halo Prime 15,
    Halo Torque 56 ( this one got a bit minty aftertaste )
    are mine favorites ....didn't like Freedom Juice as such .....
    Halo are definitely Steeping Juices.... open a bottle, give it some air , leave it for 24 hours or so....

If it doesn't blow me away I won't buy any more of them!
    heh , It definitely won't blow you away from a first try....but at the end of the bottle ....it might :D

Got that Halo Freedom today. Just as good that I only got 7mls.

It's stinking rotten stuff!! Nutty chocolate aftertaste off it.

It's stinking rotten stuff!! .
    :D
    it is stinks like a bum alright ...Some people not allowed to vape it indoor :D
    as for the taste -- wait for the day or two it will improve a lot

• Advertisement

It's stinking rotten stuff!! .
    :D
    it is stinks like a bum alright ...Some people not allowed to vape it indoor :D
    as for the taste -- wait for the day or two it will improve a lot

Feck it! Can't get the rotten stinkin' taste out of my eGo-C now even after washing. Must be.on the coil now.......bloody hell, how do you vape this cow dung ****????

Advertisement