Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

disposing of a cross trainer

Options
  • 25-02-2012 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭

I have a cross trainer I bought years ago in the house. It's a bit rusty around the bolts (friends had it for a while and left it outside) and the electric panel isn't working on it anymore. It still moves so technically it works but I doubt I'd be able to sell it. It weighs an absolute ton and I imagine if I leave it where our bins are collected from it won't be taken. Does anyone know if Hammond Lane in Athlone would take it as it's mostly metal or is there anyone I can ring to come and take it away? Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

skeptik wrote: »
    I have a cross trainer I bought years ago in the house. It's a bit rusty around the bolts (friends had it for a while and left it outside) and the electric panel isn't working on it anymore. It still moves so technically it works but I doubt I'd be able to sell it. It weighs an absolute ton and I imagine if I leave it where our bins are collected from it won't be taken. Does anyone know if Hammond Lane in Athlone would take it as it's mostly metal or is there anyone I can ring to come and take it away? Cheers :)

IMO it wouldn't be worth Hammond Lane's time. You do know of the crowd in Mountmellick, yeh? Wards http://www.recycling.ie/view/593/Ward-charles.html

But you could also contact Mens Sheds in Athy or nearby and see if its any good to a group like that? http://www.menssheds.ie/find-a-shed/

We all have the time currency now and less money. If its working at all, maybe someone can clean it up and get some use out of it. Or a boxing club.

Advertisement