Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A friend bought a new laptop in PC World

• 25-02-2012 5:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine bought a new laptop in PC World yesterday. It's Windows 7 but it's in a foreign language. Dutch maybe, I'm not sure.

It's his first computer and they sold it to him without setting it up in English.

I failed to reset it to English for him so he has to take it back on Monday morning, disappointed not to be up and running on his new broadband connection today.

It may need a language pack? I tried the usual setting from Control panel but it was still in the foreign language...:mad: Thanks for the great service, PC World.

What sort of service is that anyway?.......selling a new laptop in a foreign language?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Dutch forum
    >

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I'm not even sure it's Dutch. Could be Croat for all I know...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Was the laptop definitely brand new?

It's not a big deal really, he just needs to press F2, or F5 or F10 on laptop startup and just do a restore.

If it's still in Dutch after the restore then he probably got a laptop meant for another market, which is just an inventory hiccup.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It's not really a Limerick issue. If your friend is getting it sorted out at the shop on Monday anyway there's no reason to have a thread here about it other than to vent. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement