Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dirty Lawnmower petrol ?

Options
  • 25-02-2012 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭

I just realized there is half a tank of petrol in lawnmower since last October ....
    Is this not good ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Had the very same on saturday and she wouldnt start. Filled it to the neck with fresh petrol and re primed and she lit up on the first pull. Savage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 norris

A friends dad is a small engine repair man and he told me recently that petrol only has a life span of around 6 weeks.Most of the stuff he gets in at this time of the year just needs a petrol change. I'm handy enough around engines so i always empty the tanks when storing stuff over winter and just mix the fuel into the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

norris wrote: »
    A friends dad is a small engine repair man and he told me recently that petrol only has a life span of around 6 weeks.Most of the stuff he gets in at this time of the year just needs a petrol change. I'm handy enough around engines so i always empty the tanks when storing stuff over winter and just mix the fuel into the car.

I'd do that too. Also, when you empty out an engine, if there is a fuel shut off lever turn it to off while running and let it use up the very last bit of juice after emptying the tank.

Advertisement