Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dirty Lawnmower petrol ?

Options
  • 25-02-2012 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭

I just realized there is half a tank of petrol in lawnmower since last October ....
    Is this not good ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

once you get it started it will be fine and use it away up. then put in new stuff when that has run out. the only thing i found with old petrol was they were hard to start at first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

km79 wrote: »
    I just realized there is half a tank of petrol in lawnmower since last October ....
    Is this not good ?
    Last season I used petrol that was in shed over winter and moisture had built up in can and messed up my mower. Had to bring it for repair the mechanic blamed the petrol

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

IrishHomer wrote: »
    km79 wrote: »
    Is this not good ?
    Last season I used petrol that was in shed over winter and moisture had built up in can and messed up my mower. Had to bring it for repair the mechanic blamed the petrol
    Thanks. This petrol is in the mower itself rather than the can. But im still a bit wary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Having had problems with chainsaws and generators all I'll say is empty the tank and hose and start with fresh petrol.

Advertisement