Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inside Job

• 25-02-2012 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭

'Narrated by Matt Damon, The first film to expose the shocking truth behind the economic crisis of 2008. Inside Job traces the rise of a rogue industry and unveils the corrosive relationships which have corrupted politics, regulation and academia.' very good documentary about ice lands banks bit like the Irish ones.

http://vimeo.com/23086688

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

You might also like a book about the bank/developer crash in Ireland, Breakfast With Anglo, by the developer Simon Kelly (son of the developer Paddy); pub. 2010, ISBN 978-1-844-88250-2. I found it very interesting, especially with having been in the building game once, in a business that also went bust (albeit on a far smaller scale!).
    The way the most basic how-to-run-a-business stuff was ignored seems quite extraordinary. So do the updates in the newspapers, as more stuff emerges. (Like, a bank lending money for the purchase of shares in itself? To the tune of 26% of them?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Fogmatic wrote: »
    You might also like a book about the bank/developer crash in Ireland, Breakfast With Anglo, by the developer Simon Kelly (son of the developer Paddy); pub. 2010, ISBN 978-1-844-88250-2. I found it very interesting, especially with having been in the building game once, in a business that also went bust (albeit on a far smaller scale!).
    The way the most basic how-to-run-a-business stuff was ignored seems quite extraordinary. So do the updates in the newspapers, as more stuff emerges. (Like, a bank lending money for the purchase of shares in itself? To the tune of 26% of them?)

Yes i have read that book also i knew most of these guys i used to do private dinners for Anglo and the private bankers/developers in the height of the boom if only i had a tape recorder there at them dinners lol

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Not really relevant to the forum. Maybe try the Films forum instead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement