Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well, how did we all do in the Mocks??

Options
  • 25-02-2012 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Some people have finished and some people are only starting their mocks this week and I know, though times with all of that studying! How many hours a day of studying did people do for the exams and what points do you need???

If anyone got results back, post them here! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Only have Music Listening back as the Teacher Corrected it.

Got 75% (B2) Higher. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

A2 in Biology!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Well I had time to correct myself in Maths and Geography so fairly sure I got A's in them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Mr.Fun

A1 in Biology,Physics and Higher Level Maths!!!!
    I was pretty chuffed as for the rest.................

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

A1 in chem
    A1 in bio
    B2 in hr maths (105 points)
    A2 in english
    B2 in french
    B3 in art

550 points in total.
    Im planning on getting my b's up to b1's, then im laughing with 570 points... (hopefully)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

47 in geography, 52 in construction.. pretty crappy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Any HL Irish results back ? Interested to see how the new course results will be . How did anyone find the paper ?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

Any HL Irish results back ? Interested to see how the new course results will be . How did anyone find the paper ?
    I know a fella in my year that got 85% in the written paper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

A1 in English
    A1 in German
    A2 in maths
    A2 in biology
    B3 in physics
    C2 in chemistry

that's 545ish I think, haven't got Irish or applied maths yet, I'll probably get a B in Irish so that'll maybe bring me up about 10 points. Not too bad for avoiding study til the night before. :L Not happy with physics, chemistry or maths at all though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

finality wrote: »
    A1 in English
    A1 in German
    A2 in maths
    A2 in biology
    B3 in physics
    C2 in chemistry

that's 545ish I think, haven't got Irish or applied maths yet, I'll probably get a B in Irish so that'll maybe bring me up about 10 points. Not too bad for avoiding study til the night before. :L Not happy with physics, chemistry or maths at all though.
    A2 in hl maths and you're unhappy?!

...each to their own I guess, well done though :pac:

• Advertisement

Patchy~ wrote: »
    A2 in hl maths and you're unhappy?!

...each to their own I guess, well done though :pac:

Haha, maths is supposed to be my best subject, I love it so much and it just doesn't treat me right. :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

finality wrote: »
    Haha, maths is supposed to be my best subject, I love it so much and it just doesn't treat me right. :'(

Yeah I'm the exact same with maths 89 ffs!.. Ah well thought I did crap in applied maths but ended up with 96! You'd be surprised at that marking scheme I tell ye :P Oh and how the f*ck did you get an A1 in English studying the night before?? Tell me your ways!

Wesc. wrote: »
    Yeah I'm the exact same with maths 89 ffs!.. Ah well thought I did crap in applied maths but ended up with 96! You'd be surprised at that marking scheme I tell ye :P Oh and how the f*ck did you get an A1 in English studying the night before?? Tell me your ways!

88 here. It's so frustrating that if I had just remembered to multiply by the conjugate at the end of one complex numbers question I would've gotten 90. Grr.

ok I'll admit I lied, I studied 2 nights before for English. :L
    Did nothing for paper 1, thought of a short story idea the morning before the exam and went with it haha. For the poets I went back and condensed the essay I'd done on them into about an A4 page for each poet, I wrote down about 4 themes I'd be writing about and then listed the poems, with quotes and reminders relating to each theme.
    For the comparative, literary genre, I read back over the essay I wrote on it and shortened it to SDSDSFNCM - social realism, dialogue, symbolism, dance, stage directions, flashback, narration, camera angles and music. Just learnt the 9 letters and then fleshed it out in the exam.
    For Hamlet I just wrote out some points on post it's and tried to list everything I could on the characters - focused on the character question.
    It's all about doing the bare minimum with me, to be fair I expected to get a B. I hate English, I think it would actually kill me if I had to study it after June.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Got 70% with fairly minimal study tbh i.e the night before! The person correcting my paper seemed to be slightly stingy in the pros and filiocht sections though! Took two marks off me in each and even my Irish teacher said they were full mark answers :L oh well :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Sean.

B1 - Engineering
    B2 - DCG
    B2 - English
    B3 - French
    B3 - Irish
    E1 - Physics

All higher. Maths not returned yet but I'm expecting somewhere between 45 and 60 (didn't finish P2). Results don't include projects, practical work or oral exams. All in all I'm pretty happy, the results aren't "ooh-la-la" brilliant but I have plenty of room to bump a few grades up between now and June! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭SeanMadd

Got a B1, was delirah :D My teacher graded our essays very strict though, because she hinted what was coming up, but I still did well in it. I think the tape brought me down though, can't understand the Donegal dialect at all :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Sean. wrote: »
    B1 - Engineering
    B2 - DCG
    B2 - English
    B3 - French
    B3 - Irish
    E1 - Physics

You must have gotten the same physics paper as me. It was the worst test I've ever done.Dreading the results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

A1 in Biology
    A2 in French
    A2 in English
    B1 in Business (2% away from an A, bawling)
    B2 in Maths
    B3 in Irish
    Didn't get history back yet, but it's going to be disastrous

Irish is dragging my points down, stupid oral...

Holy crap well done Namlub :eek:

Starting to feel inadequate reading this thread and I havent even done half my mocks...better get studying :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

A1 Maths(+25)
    A2 Accounting
    A2 Business
    A2 Irish
    B1 English
    B3 French
    C1 Physics

So 555 total, okay considering I didn't open a book that's good and all but still really disappointed with how Physics went, it'd usually be one of my best, though I knew how badly I had done after the exam.
    Didn't do Applied maths mock.

• Advertisement

Eathrin wrote: »
    A1 Maths(+25)
    A2 Accounting
    A2 Business
    A2 Irish
    B1 English
    B3 French
    C1 Physics

So 555 total, okay considering I didn't open a book that's good and all but still really disappointed with how Physics went, it'd usually be one of my best, though I knew how badly I had done after the exam.
    I didn't open a book
    didn't open a book

I think I speak for all of us when I say...:mad: :pac:
    How the hell do you do that?!

*stops reading this depressing thread :P*

All about to change Patchy:D
    I've got a feeling that I'm going to work much harder this term and get the results that really show what I'm made of.

All about to change Patchy:D
    I've got a feeling that I'm going to work much harder this term and get the results that really show what I'm made of.
    Whats about to change? Your grades? :P

....I fear for all of our leaving certs if you do that... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Holy crap well done Namlub :eek:

Starting to feel inadequate reading this thread and I havent even done half my mocks...better get studying :o
    I'm just so dedicated to my studies >_>
    Erra I wouldn't pay much attention to other people's results for the pres because there's bound to be a variation in the standard of marking

Whats about to change? Your grades? :P

....I fear for all of our leaving certs if you do that... :pac:

Both that and my epic laziness:pac:

Funny thing is, look at my grades, for what I want to do, I don't need any higher. I think doing the best I can will mean a lot to me and the motivation behind it will come from the thought of regret if I don't.
    Hey, 3 months, I can do this, it'll be over in a flash;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

@Namlub
    @Eathrin

Tell us your ways! :D

(By the way, unbelievable results lads, sweet jaysus!) :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Togepi wrote: »
    @Namlub
    @Eathrin

Tell us your ways! :D

(By the way, unbelievable results lads, sweet jaysus!) :eek:

I agree. I've decided that I'm going to not believe Cian as it is simply impossible to get 555 with no study.

I also decided not to post my results up here, the shame of it :(

I agree. I've decided that I'm going to not believe Cian as it is simply impossible to get 555 with no study.

I also decided not to post my results up here, the shame of it :(
    Don't be ashamed Couer, they're only the Mocks like! :) I probably did ****ty too saying this though! :P..

A1 Maths(+25)
    A2 Accounting
    A2 Business
    A2 Irish
    B1 English
    B3 French
    C1 Physics

This depresses me.. I've worked quite hard from 5th year and if i've pulled 430 in the Mocks i'll be lucky! :(..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

So far I've got
    A1 - Geography
    B1 - Irish
    B2 - English
    C2 - Biology
    D2 - Maths
    Waiting on French and Music, overall I'm pleased with the majority of my results expect for Biology which I actually worked for! :mad:

Advertisement