Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well, how did we all do in the Mocks??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭sdiff

100% in maths :D

I also got a B3 in English and German... what are my chances of bringing these up to an A1? I don't think I have TOO much work to do in my other subjects and I'd love 6-7 A1's... B3 in the mock isn't very promising though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

sdiff wrote: »
    100% in maths :D

I also got a B3 in English and German... what are my chances of bringing these up to an A1? I don't think I have TOO much work to do in my other subjects and I'd love 6-7 A1's... B3 in the mock isn't very promising though..

So jelly. I got A1s in English and German and I'd gladly trade them in for 100% in maths. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭brownstone

Got 92% in Accounting, 90% in Chemistry and 71% in English. Pretty disappointed with English. Have dropped from an A2. Did really bad in the Comparative and Composition, even though I found the actual questions pretty easy. I got the highest in my year which is kind of shocking... Hopefully thinks will improve for June. :( Waiting for the rest back...

I used to be so good at maths and love the subject. But I'm really struggling now and our teacher is hopeless. I would be one of the best in my class....Any advice? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭sdiff

brownstone wrote: »
    I used to be so good at maths and love the subject. But I'm really struggling now and our teacher is hopeless. I would be one of the best in my class....Any advice? :(

All I can recommend in the case of a bad teacher is a lot of DIY. Get a set of leaving cert papers that include 2012 project maths sample papers. Do a full exam paper, get an idea where you're going wrong, study these areas rigorously. Do another exam paper, aware yourself of any tricks the examiner has. That's it really. If you're the best in your class then you have innate talent and that's the most important thing for maths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Pure crap, to be honest. Which I'm happy with - really motivated me to take the finger out. :P

English - HL D1. Wrote a ton but because we don't often have big exams I wasn't aware of exactly how much I had a tendancy to ramble off-topic/without answering the question in front of me. Going to start working on essay writing with the question firmly in mind and being more descriptive in my short story. Apparently my short story was quite good and well written but I never once thought to describe the background, etc. :rolleyes:

French - OL C2. Quite happy with this. I realised I hadn't a hope in HL and dropped down literally days before the mocks. Had no real time to practise the OL paper and I'm confident I can push that up to a B1 by June.

Irish - OL D1. Might be able to push this up to a C2 or so if I put enough work into the prose and oral. Always been horrible at Irish though.

Maths - OL D3. 40% exactly. Hoping to get this up to ~60% by June but I'm useless at Maths. At the moment, it was enough for me that I passed.

History: HL D2. Disgusted with this. History is my strongest subject but I just can't write fast enough to get the marks. Hoping that if I practise a lot I'll be able to write a lot more come June.

HL Biology and Business. I haven't gotten these back yet but expecting around 70% in Business and maybe 50% in Biology.

Sorry for the longish post, I'm ordering my own thoughts on the results as much as anything else. :rolleyes:

Thank you. I have them exam papers. Like according to her we've the course done, even though we haven't done sequences and series, induction or binomial... I'm trying to teach myself sequences and series as I'd like to have a choice in paper one...

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

English is Paper 2 only and Maths is just Paper 1

English - E (Didn't answer the prescribed poetry Q)
    Maths OL - B1
    Biology - E (Only did one half-arsed long question, full marks on experiment Q's)
    French - E (Didn't write anything for the written part, got full marks on one comprehension)
    Geography - D3 (Didn't answer the elective Q, but got 80/80 on the short Q's)

Pretty much what I was expecting, kinda starting to worry now. So hopefully, I'll begin my study soon

Still have to get Business, but I think that was my weakest exam
    Didn't do the Irish or Physics exams

I'm doing Physics outside school, but out of 17 in the class in school only one person passed (44%), everyone else between 6-38

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

My friend was going to get his geography result off his teacher who's my English teacher so I couldnt resist, I asked my result too :P

I got 82 :D I'm soooooo happy with that, I want an A2/A1 in June but we hadnt even revised Hamlet yet and I'd never done a B part of a comprehension before but I still managed a B1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

So far:

Maths - A1, 96%...not going to deny that I'm a bit disappointed considering I had so much time left and really ****ing pissed off that I calculated the correlation co-efficient slightly wrong.

Applied Maths - A1, 93%... GET IN!!! Soooooooo delighted with this result considering I did no study whatsoever and the exam paper was far harder than an actual leaving cert. paper :D

English - B2, 75%... Happy enough with the result especially since I got full marks in the Hamlet question and my awful short story somehow managed 73 marks :P But god I was not expecting to fail the comprehension, it's quite embarrasing tbh :o

Irish - B1, 83%... Bit disappointed because I really don't think I can write a better essay than what I did considering it was a sample essay I learned off from the institute :P The oral was marked really easy I thought!

Physics - 89%... Sound, no opinion really :P

And that's it for now waiting on french and geography and then I'll be able to count my points :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Wesc. wrote: »
    So far:

Maths - A1, 96%...not going to deny that I'm a bit disappointed considering I had so much time left and really ****ing pissed off that I calculated the correlation co-efficient slightly wrong.

Applied Maths - A1, 93%... GET IN!!! Soooooooo delighted with this result considering I did no study whatsoever and the exam paper was far harder than an actual leaving cert. paper :D

English - B2, 75%... Happy enough with the result especially since I got full marks in the Hamlet question and my awful short story somehow managed 73 marks :P But god I was not expecting to fail the comprehension, it's quite embarrasing tbh :o

Irish - B1, 83%... Bit disappointed because I really don't think I can write a better essay than what I did considering it was a sample essay I learned off from the institute :P The oral was marked really easy I thought!

Physics - 89%... Sound, no opinion really :P

And that's it for now waiting on french and geography and then I'll be able to count my points :)

Jeez nice an B2 and failed comprehension aint bad :D Also btw what u get in the oral? :P

David1994 wrote: »
    Jeez nice an B2 and failed comprehension aint bad :D Also btw what u get in the oral? :P

Well I lost 1 mark in reading poetry for reading a little too quick. Lost 12 marks in sraith pictiuiri which I didn't mind because I really really couldn't be bothered studying them..christ the thought of it :P And I only lost like 10 marks in the general conversation so I ended up with 217/240 or 90.4% :D

Wesc. wrote: »
    Well I lost 1 mark in reading poetry for reading a little too quick. Lost 12 marks in sraith pictiuiri which I didn't mind because I really really couldn't be bothered studying them..christ the thought of it :P And I only lost like 10 marks in the general conversation so I ended up with 217/240 or 90.4% :D

Nice I got 190/240 which is 80% I think so not too bad :D I got 30/35 in filiocht dunno where I went wrong must of read too fast and now come to think of it I forgot the teideal :P Nerves made me forget to.. :/
    Lost about 13 marks in sraith pictiur(like you hadnt learnt them off)
    Somehow I lost 30 marks in the comhra whereas that is usually my strong point :( Anyways hapy enough :D

For now I have a few back so will add some later :D

Biology-59%(C3) Not happy but considering the highest was like a B3 Im optimistic anyways :)
    Maths(OL)-55%(C3) Haha our class did so bad not even funny :P Not counting for points and considered thought I scraped a pass happy :D
    Irish oral-80% Happy enough for now :P I know where i slipped up so its grand..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

Maths Hl - Failed

Chem Failed

Physics Failed

Biology - Didn't turn up

English - Didn't turn up

Applied Maths - 49%

German - 44 %

Trying to get into Medicine Tcd - Challenge accepted :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Impossible LC

A1 Maths
    A1 Economics
    A1 Engineering
    B3 Spanish
    B3 Physics
    D1 English

Hate languages, it always drags me down... Spanish, i got 84.x% in written, 72% for the overall
    feel i am pure lucky to get these results... dont know why
    especially physics, highest in the class was 76% n i got 74% n yet i never pay attention in class

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Impossible LC

How accurate are the mock results, if you get an A or B in maths, would that mean you'll be getting the same grade again in the real thing?
    Because some teachers in my school say our mock result + about 10% would be what you should get in the real thing
    Is this true, and is it reliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

It all depends on how closely the Mock paper resembled the actual paper, if you did equally well in both and all that. There's no definite answer.

We were told the same though, so there must be some truth to that. Mainly because people study between the mocks and LC

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

It is possible to make a big improvement between the mocks and the real thing. It is also possible to drop down, depending on the toughness of the mock/real thing and how much work you do.

I did improve in every one of my subjects... I worked a small bit more, but the mocks are good preparation, they give you an idea of where to focus your efforts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 ash2012

i got 390 and need 520 :/ do u think it is possible? well done to everyone. .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭That Handsome Devil

English - A1
    Irish - B3
    Maths - A1
    Spanish - B2
    Applied Maths - A1
    Physics - A1
    Chemistry - A2
    Biology - A1
    Religion - A1

Well happy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

English - A1
    Irish - B3
    Maths - A1
    Spanish - B2
    Applied Maths - A1
    Physics - A1
    Chemistry - A2
    Biology - A1
    Religion - A1

Holy crap! :eek: Is that 625??

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Anro

Does anyone have mocks marking schemes they can post? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

English - A1
    Irish - B3
    Maths - A1
    Spanish - B2
    Applied Maths - A1
    Physics - A1
    Chemistry - A2
    Biology - A1
    Religion - A1

Really? You're happy? With that! No offence man but do you really think anyone will be impressed with a peasant 6 A1s? Anyone possessing the fundamentals of self-respect would not settle for anything less than 9. Pah, call yourself a leaving cert student, for shame...
    :rolleyes:

English - A1
    Irish - B3
    Maths - A1
    Spanish - B2
    Applied Maths - A1
    Physics - A1
    Chemistry - A2
    Biology - A1
    Religion - A1

But you didn't realllllyyy get that because that would be impossible right? Rigtht!?!?

Ok, in all seriousness, that's how many, 9 subjects with 6 fookin A1's...!? :eek: That's not attainable unless some of those are pass subjects :P

Unless you don't leave your house and study all day :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I hate ye all.

English: B1 (Paper One Only)
    Irish: D2
    French: D1
    Economics: D3
    Biology: B1
    History: C3

Still waiting on Business, English Paper 2 and Maths. So far I've gotten 370. I need 440. Oh, ****e.

And then, I mess up writing my grades. ARGH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Just waiting on English here's what I have so far:

Business- 92.25% (A1)
    Economics- 87% (A2)
    Geography- 81% (B1)
    Maths- 75% (B2)
    Irish- 73% (B3)
    Music- 70% (B3)
    French- 61% (C2)
    LCVP- Distinction

Happy enough with most, delighted with Business and Economics. Slightly disappointed with French but it's something to work for at least! Currently on 420 I think with best 5, hope to get a B2 in English which would bring me to 500! My goal for the Leaving! :D

You're on 430 with best 5. 505 with best 6 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Chavways wrote: »
    You're on 430 with best 5. 505 with best 6 :rolleyes:
    No actually i'm not, I do Maths and Irish at OL. Awaiting English HL to show my points overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

No actually i'm not, I do Maths and Irish at OL. Awaiting English HL to show my points overall.

Oh right.I just thought they were all HL because you never mentioned it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

B2 in English, sure I did better than that :mad:
    C3 in business
    A1 in history, chuffed :D
    D something in maths :mad:

Advertisement