Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well, how did we all do in the Mocks??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Finally got the last of mine today

Biology - A1
    English - A2
    Music - B2
    Chemistry - B3
    German - B3
    Irish - C1
    Maths - E (39%! :()

All HL, so 490 points altogether. Delighted with biology, and also delighted with English because I've never done that well in an English exam before. Bit annoyed though because now I think I'm capable of A standard in the real thing :P Disappointed with chemistry, I'd like to get a higher B or even an A, I could do a bit better in Irish, and I'm sickened over maths. My course last year was 475 so I'm aiming for a little over 500 as it's a science course and I'm afraid of the points going up quite high due to demand and the extra 25 points for maths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Well, I did ok, got exactly what i need for my first choice overall, however, I know I can do better so I wasnt happy with the 430 i got. Realistically, I want to be at the 480 mark, I think I'd be assured of my course then.

B3 in English (was a drop from my usual B1)
    B3 in French (again, a drop from my B1)
    C2 in Home Ec (Again, a drop from B1/2)
    C2 in Irish (my usual so wasnt shocked)
    B2 in Geography (more or less my standard, was shocked as I f**ked up that one)
    C1 in art (totally messed up my paper, looking to get a B1 if possible in the real thing)

oh and in OL maths I got a B2.

In any case, I know now that with real effort I can do better :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

English (H) - 74% overall. Sat my Paper 1 back in November and I bombed it (was dumped the night before so I'll blame it on that ;) ) But my A2 in paper 2 brought it up! Hoping for the A in June!

Irish (H) - 61%. Pretty bummed ngl. Answered the question in Paper 1 incorrectly (wrote it as a speech rather than a debate...woops) Want to get a B!

French (H) - 79% Delighted. One of the highest in my class because the papers were marked hard, want either a high B or A!

History (H) - 69%. Ugh 1% off a B! I'm fine with that though, my teacher marks so passive aggressively it's ridiculous. He says I'm capable of a B or even an A though so fingers crossed!

Biology (H) - 78% Pretty happy! Either a B1 or B2 is all I'm hoping for!

Art (H) - 75% Delighted! I'm not the best at practical art, but my 81% in my Art History brought my grade up!

Maths (O) - 70%. Haha, pretty pathetic considering I've been getting A's all year! Oh well, hardly gonna count the points anyways!

450 points altogether and hoping for around 500! Hopefully I'll get it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

All back!  Kind of disappointed, mainly with Irish and DCG.

Gaeilge:  C1  (Excluding the 50% for the oral and aural) - very disappointed, I've gotten B1s and B2s in Irish for the last 3 years, and I'm hoping for an A1 in the Leaving.  [2011:  B2]

English: C2 - pretty poor. After last year I'll have to get an A2 to avoid disappointment.  :o [2011:  B1]

Maths:  C3 - delighted!  :D  Only took up higher level this year and was expecting to scrape a pass at best.  [2011:  B1 (OL)]

Français;  A2  (Excluding the 25% oral) - satisfied with this one, it needs to improve by June though.  Would've been disappointed with any lower.  :P  [2011:  B2]

DCG:  D3  :(  (Excluding the 40% project) - I really need to improve this, have to get at least a B on the drawing paper to be happy in August.  [2011:  C2]

Phys/Chem:  D2 - I could've worked hard and gotten a B, but I didn't put the effort in, so I'm happy enough with this (only took the subject up 6 months ago). Hoping for an A1 here too provided I seriously knuckle down!  [2011:  X]

405 in total.  Aiming to go up...  About 160 points? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭grantyrs10

Got majority back just waiting on hl maths

Irish A2

English B1

French A1

Economics A1

Geography B3

History C2

so thats 450 points so far not including history and waiting on maths :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 hotfuzz2

Biology- A1
    English- A2
    Irish- B1
    French- B1
    History- B2
    Chemistry- B2

Maths (OL)- B3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Togepi wrote: »
    All back!  Kind of disappointed, mainly with Irish and DCG.

Gaeilge:  C1  (Excluding the 50% for the oral and aural) - very disappointed, I've gotten B1s and B2s in Irish for the last 3 years, and I'm hoping for an A1 in the Leaving.  [2011:  B2]

English: C2 - pretty poor. After last year I'll have to get an A2 to avoid disappointment.  :o [2011:  B1]

Maths:  C3 - delighted!  :D  Only took up higher level this year and was expecting to scrape a pass at best.  [2011:  B1 (OL)]

Français;  A2  (Excluding the 25% oral) - satisfied with this one, it needs to improve by June though.  Would've been disappointed with any lower.  :P  [2011:  B2]

DCG:  D3  :(  (Excluding the 40% project) - I really need to improve this, have to get at least a B on the drawing paper to be happy in August.  [2011:  C2]

Phys/Chem:  D2 - I could've worked hard and gotten a B, but I didn't put the effort in, so I'm happy enough with this (only took the subject up 6 months ago). Hoping for an A1 here too provided I seriously knuckle down!  [2011:  X]

405 in total.  Aiming to go up...  About 160 points? :o

Go on. You can do it. Actually, you know what? You can do better. I believe in you. Go out, show the world the real you, the genius that lies underneath that skin.

Wesc. wrote: »
    Go on. You can do it. Actually, you know what? You can do better. I believe in you. Go out, show the world the real you, the genius that lies underneath that skin.

Yay! Y'know what? I think I'll go for at least a 220 point increase now. 'Twould be shameful not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cillian95

B3 - Accounting (absolutely delighted considering I didn't answer 25% of the paper :) )

B2 - English (Pretty happy as my short story was only 2 pages and was utter rubbish. Going to bump this up to an A)

B1 - French (Delighted! Listening (66%) brought me down from an A)

B1 - Maths (So surprised at this! Especially considering I was FAILING last year! Just goes to show what a bit of hard work can do!)

B1 - History (I really got lucky on what came up, one different essay and i would have dropped a grade and a half)

A2 - Business (Timing threw me off on A, spent 40 minutes on the short questions alone!)

Haven't got Irish back, but I'm planning on dropping soon enough.

525 in the mocks :D Honestly, I never though I was going to do THIS well and see no reason now why I couldn't get all As in the real thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Orange juice

English - B1, average, hope to get maybe an A2 in the real thing.

Irish - B3, Disappointed, hope to get an B1/A2

Maths (H) - B1, Delighted! Maybe push it up to an A2? :D

Chemistry - A2, as expected :)

Biology - A2 Surprised!! :O I love biology but I thought the paper went badly

Music - B3, terrible result although I didn't revise well enough and the result doesn't include a practical!

French - C2, Pathetic... :( hoped to get much higher since it's one of my favourite subjects!

All higher level subjects so that's a total of 530!! :D Delighted, but hope I can manage 570/580? I'm worried I wont be able 'cause I did work really hard for my mocks!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Got the last exam back on Thursday :P

Biology-C3- Disappointed want a B2 :/

Irish-B3- Going to go for an A2 :D

Chemistry-D2 :(-Going for a B3

Spanish-C3-Jeez what happened..our whole class did rubbish,poor marking I hope :D Never get under a B so aiming for B1 in June

English-B3-Sooooo disappointed now I have the potential to get a A1.Thats my goal

Geography-B2-My best result in the mocks but thought I did better and I want an A1

I got around 400 points in the mocks and god never been so disappointed...My goal is 530 but 500+ and I will be happy :D Hope I can get it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Only got 5 back and only 3 of which i'm counting cause I'm a state.

I got;

Bio 94% - A1
    Chem 89% - A2
    Eng 63% - C2 <-- Supposed to be using that for points :o

OL

Maths I gotta D1 - I just need to pass anyway and to quote boards.ie "I never opened a book" :rolleyes:

Irish - 14% F - Got an exemption since, Thank ****. :pac:

English is my weakest anyway, and I still have 2 honours to come back and 1 still to sit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

I got my results back ages ago but just didn't have the time to post them here. I need 380 points so aiming for 400 as I want to study music in colege when finished school.

Music HL(my best) B2
    Irish HL B3
    History OL(worst, boring) D3
    French OL C3
    Biology OL (considering doing HL for points TERRIBLE at this!) D3
    Maths(my worst ever!) E
    English OL C2

So what does this add up to? Not 400
    Can someone use my Grades (6 best) and write the grade that would get my 400 points in these subjects???

Really struggling with studying and really getting worried for the leaving Want to get into college and not have to repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

I got my results back ages ago but just didn't have the time to post them here. I need 380 points so aiming for 400 as I want to study music in colege when finished school.

Music HL(my best) B2
    Irish HL B3
    History OL(worst, boring) D3
    French OL C3
    Biology OL (considering doing HL for points TERRIBLE at this!) D3
    Maths(my worst ever!) E
    English OL C2

So what does this add up to? Not 400
    Can someone use my Grades (6 best) and write the grade that would get my 400 points in these subjects???

Really struggling with studying and really getting worried for the leaving Want to get into college and not have to repeat.

Your top 6 get you 215 points.

Sample grades needed for 400 points are:
    Music HL B1
    Irish HL B2
    Biology OL A1
    History OL A1
    French OL A1
    English OL A1

I didn't include maths because you didn't state HL or OL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

English HL - C1. I felt the teacher marked it really hard so I'm gonna go find out what's what :D
    Economics HL - B2. Ouch, was hoping for an A2. Dropped easy marks here and there, plus I got my Canons of Taxation all wrong. Oh well, that's what the mocks are for.
    Maths OL - A2. Not planning on using this for points or anything, so very happy with it :)
    LCVP - 84% - Distinction. Good result.

So far, not very pleased with English and Economics. Economics can be easily improved once I tidy up a few bits and pieces. English is just a case of learning the material for Paper 2 over and over. My Paper 1 skills are adequate enough. Reading of course is vital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

All higher:
    English - 83% - B1/85 points
    Irish - 83% - B1/85 points
    Maths - 58% - C3/85 points
    French - 90% - A1/100 points
    Geography - 79% - B2/80 points
    Business - 74% - B3/75 points
    History - 80% - B1/85 points
    Total: 520 points (:

Notice the THREE B1's and basically a fourth in geography. I just cant get A's lol.
    Maths was marked really weirdly (the marking scheme was crazily lenient), and my two Irish comprehension scores were 37/40 and 14/40 ffs...I disagree with how it was marked, 0's all over the place :rolleyes: But not gonna complain with a B1 :P

I admit I knew what was on the history exam, but it was exactly what I had essays on and was planning to study, and I had choice too so I kinda trust it :o Everything else was fair game though :P

I'm absolutely chuffed :D But after the maths thing I'm torn between H and O which would probably make a large difference in my points since I'm dreading history/business going wrong (genuinely thought I got a D in the business mock and I just cant remember history very well). But hey, maybe I'll be able to recreate this in June, I'd be so happy!

Stick with higher Maths Patchy! You're basically guaranteeing yourself at least 85 points from it, worst case scenario. :D

Hmmmm I suppose you're right :P Its so hard but I think I'll stick with it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Haven't got all mine back yet, but the ones I did don't matter, I failed Maths and thats pass Maths by the way. Kinda ridiculous seeing people claim to get 400-500 points ''without study'', is it still the cool thing to say you don't study? Obviously so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Did my accounting pre on the 7th of February and still waiting for it.I'm pretty sure its lots at this stage seeing as I got the rest of my results 2 weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭_pure_mule_

Happy enough with results overall:) got 495 but I got absolutely rode in a few subjects! Shud have got at least 2 grades more! Irish-81 (a1 in June hopefully)
    English-85 (delighted)
    Maths (o.l)- 61 (not counting this)
    French-78 (a2 in June hopefully)
    Construction-87 (a1 in June)
    Biology-66 (v.dissapointed, hope for at least b1 in June)
    History-75 (hope for b1/a2)

All higher accept Maths!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Happy enough with results overall:) got 495 but I got absolutely rode in a few subjects! Shud have got at least 2 grades more! Irish-81 (a1 in June hopefully)
    English-85 (delighted)

All higher accept Maths!

Wish I got 85% having spelling like that. :/ But no, I spell one word in the whole essay wrong and lose 2 marks for Mechanics..

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭_pure_mule_

subz3r0 wrote: »
    English-85 (delighted)

All higher accept Maths!

Wish I got 85% having spelling like that. :/ But no, I spell one word in the whole essay wrong and lose 2 marks for Mechanics..
    Sorry I didnt realise my spelling had to be perfect on a forum!

Using 3's instead of e's and 0's instead of o's can be quite detrimental though :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Sorry I didnt realise my spelling had to be perfect on a forum!

It doesn't.
    Some people can't help themselves.

We like people to avoid txtspk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

The text in bold wasn't a spelling mistake though, it was a malapropism.

Hitler_grammar_nazi.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

History-98%/ 100 Points
    Accounting- 88% 90 points
    Physics- 81% 85 points
    Maths- 77% 105 points
    Spanish- 78% 80 points
    Applied Maths 70% 75 points
    English- 64% 65 points
    Irish (OL) 88% 50 points
    TOTAL: 535

I'm really happy with most of my results, especially history. Hopefully I can improve by one grade in every subject, and hopefully more in English which I was really disappointed in as I usually get A2s and B1s. My course was 555* last year and who knows how much it will increase by due to HL Maths, so a lot or work still required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Zaffy

B1 - (82%) - English
    A1 - (97%) - Maths
    A1 - (100%) - Applied Maths
    A1 - (93%) - Physics
    A1 - (92%) - Chemistry
    A1 - (90%) - French
    Total - 610 (Inclu. 25 for maths)

Surprised as heck, but now dreading the LC incase I go down.

No pressure, huh?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Zaffy wrote: »
    B1 - (82%) - English
    A1 - (97%) - Maths
    A1 - (93%) - Physics
    A1 - (92%) - Chemistry
    A1 - (90%) - French

No pressure, huh?
    Fantastic results, well done!
    As a matter of interest, what did you drop 3% in Maths for? You are obviously good at Maths, was it a silly error, a part left out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Zaffy wrote: »
    B1 - (82%) - English
    A1 - (97%) - Maths
    A1 - (93%) - Physics
    A1 - (92%) - Chemistry
    A1 - (90%) - French

No pressure, huh?

Just wondering what are your study methods? More specifically for french and applied maths? Congrats by the way brilliant results!!

Advertisement